Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    In your mind it's cool, in my mind it's not. Also, would you prefer if the art and programming departements wasted time on balancing DH flying instead of other things in Legion? Don't act like you voice everybodys opinions in this matter.
    While I have apathy about the issue, what balancing? Druids have flight form that is instantly cast, so it would be assumed to work similarly. Yes, a bit of animation might be in order, but compared to the big picture, not much time invested overall to make it happen, as you can see most of the animations and design is already in game.

You can not like it or want it, but don't try to make it seem we'd lose a raid tier over it or they'd not be able to fix a bug or something else important would be lost over this. That is just exaggeration.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    yeysyeysyeys

you understand it the best!!! you will be my new friend!!!!

COOOOOOOL is what we need! and it would be cool as ffff!!1 worgen are exactly a good comparison. Fly we must!

- - - Updated - - -

they said he is a lil bit stronger than Illidari, but you kno, one simple quest would fix it or some lore background. Like in the joke made by female dh about succubi. We would consume some flying beasts and bammm
    Umm...Illidan is more than just a *lil bit* stronger than the Illidari...especially since it seems like they're trying to make him the *chosen one*.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is not a headcanon but overlook on blizzard's part, simple. could happen considering it was done during some podcast. it can't be lore reasoning, simple as that.
    Why can't it be lore reasoning? Because you don't like it? Please, grow the fuck up. that's not how it works in any aspect of life.

It's not an oversight. They talked about it. They explained why DH's can't fly, and explained that they had a reason for making that call. It's your headcanon that disagrees, and headcanon is worthless.

I've done the DH starting zone. I know the lore. You're the one who doesn't. You've extrapolated off of what the actual lore is because you're so blinded by your headcanon that you can't even recognize it for what it is anymore. You're also the one getting called out by multiple people for being aggressively stubborn and obnoxious in this thread.

Blizzard says you're wrong. It's their game. They make the rules. Your opinion is worth as much as a stale pretzel to them, and no amount of your own bitching and pissing and moaning can change that.

Take a second, close your whiny mouth, take a deep breath, and accept the fact that you're wrong.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-08-23 at 06:05 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Why can't it be lore reasoning? Because you don't like it? Please, grow the fuck up. that's not how it works in any aspect of life.

It's not an oversight. They talked about it. They explained why DH's can't fly, and explained that they had a reason for making that call. It's your headcanon that disagrees, and headcanon is worthless.

I've done the DH starting zone. I know the lore. You're the one who doesn't. You're the one getting called out by multiple people for being stubborn and obnoxious in this thread.

Take a second, take a deep breath, and try to accept the fact that you're wrong.
    because it does not make sense. we gain fanciest of our abilities by consuming demons. wings should be no big and easilt introduced the same way: by eating some demon.

they have exchanged few words; look it up, short chit chat at the end of podcast.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA liar, you didn't or you did not read quests or maybe you could not, I don't know, but is clearly explained there how it works.

I'm right, and you ar wrong. it is not my fault that you did not read the basics before you started to comment. though luck, dude

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Umm...Illidan is more than just a *lil bit* stronger than the Illidari...especially since it seems like they're trying to make him the *chosen one*.
    yeah, well, it does not matter considering the way demon hunters get their powers. Illidan never displayed transformation into hulk demon, it is us and our ways of eating demons that lead us to that transformation. bringing up Illidan is completely irrelevant

because it does not make sense. we gain fanciest of our abilities by consuming demons. wings should be no big and easilt introduced the same way: by eating some demon.

Illidan only gained wings at all - and even then, only the ability to sort of hover with them - after consuming the Skull of Gul'dan, you know, "Darkness Incarnate," which had been sitting in the Tomb of Sargeras absorbing even more fel energy for twenty years.

So no, it would not require absorbing just "some demon."

Beyond that, Demon Hunters already start 30-99 levels ahead of everybody else and get a plethora of special cosmetic options that no other class or race can touch, as well as being the catalyst for Demonology being completely changed (warranted or not). Giving them flight form would be stepping on Druid toes on top of that and catapulting Demon Hunters into blatant "favorite dev class" territory, which would be extremely bad for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the greatest source of forum humor in a long time.

Anywho, You fundamentally don't understand how Demon Hunters work. Note this is NOT me disagreeing with your idea, or saying no. I want you to understand how the class works.

Demon Hunters absorb the powers of the demons they slay. Flight is not a power, it's evolution/anatomy. Demon Hunters do not gain the anatomy nor the physical appearance of slain demons. They absorb the Fel energies which causes random, unpredictable mutations. Commonly they are horns, wings, spikes, and glowing green marks. These horns are not sturdy enough to headbutt or puncture, the wings can do little more than glide, the spikes break off easily, and the green spots are weak spots.

Mutation is a side effect of absorbing fel power from the demons. They cannot target a demon to gain part of their anatomy. They can get laser eyes because a demon had used fel magic to produce them. They cannot gain wings/flight because that is an innate anatomical ability, not a power of fel magic.

This is not to say Blizzard couldn't come up with a different way to make demon hunters fly. But the way you are suggesting they gain flight is not in the lore and would require an annoying retcon for demon hunters to absorb the anatomy of demons.
    Last edited by Actarius; 2016-08-23 at 06:48 PM.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Illidan only gained wings at all - and even then, only the ability to sort of hover with them - after consuming the Skull of Gul'dan, you know, "Darkness Incarnate," which had been sitting in the Tomb of Sargeras absorbing even more fel energy for twenty years.

So no, it would not require absorbing just "some demon."

Beyond that, Demon Hunters already start 30-99 levels ahead of everybody else and get a plethora of special cosmetic options that no other class or race can touch, as well as being the catalyst for Demonology being completely changed (warranted or not). Giving them flight form would be stepping on Druid toes on top of that and catapulting Demon Hunters into blatant "favorite dev class" territory, which would be extremely bad for the game.
    Illidan has nothing to do with it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    This is the greatest source of forum humor in a long time.

Anywho, You fundamentally don't understand how Demon Hunters work. Note this is NOT me disagreeing with your idea, or saying no. I want you to understand how the class works.

Demon Hunters absorb the powers of the demons they slay. Flight is not a power, it's evolution/anatomy. Demon Hunters do not gain the anatomy nor the physical appearance of slain demons. They absorb the Fel energies which causes random, unpredictable mutations. Commonly they are horns, wings, spikes, and glowing green marks. These horns are not sturdy enough to headbutt or puncture, the wings can do little more than glide, the spikes break off easily, and the green spots are weak spots.

Mutation is a side effect of absorbing fel power from the demons. They cannot target a demon to gain part of their anatomy. They can get laser eyes because a demon had used fel magic to produce them. They cannot gain wings/flight because that is an innate anatomical ability, not a power of fel magic.

This is not to say Blizzard couldn't come up with a different way to make demon hunters fly. But the way you are suggesting they gain flight is not in the lore and would require an annoying retcon for demon hunters to absorb the anatomy of demons.
    Flight is not a power? You mean an advantage in the skies is not a power? Where did you get the thing about the horns?

they can, as it showed in starting zone, they target demons to get their specific power.

10+ Year Old Account

Flight is not a power? You mean an advantage in the skies is not a power? Where did you get the thing about the horns?

they can, as it showed in starting zone, they target demons to get their specific power.
    Please read my whole post before replying I answered your question there.

10+ Year Old Account

they have exchanged few words; look it up, short chit chat at the end of podcast.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA liar, you didn't or you did not read quests or maybe you could not, I don't know, but is clearly explained there how it works.

I'm right, and you ar wrong. it is not my fault that you did not read the basics before you started to comment. though luck, dude

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, well, it does not matter considering the way demon hunters get their powers. Illidan never displayed transformation into hulk demon, it is us and our ways of eating demons that lead us to that transformation. bringing up Illidan is completely irrelevant
    Because Illidan is more a Havoc DH, which is why the spec is centered around him?

Plus many Demons have wings...how many of them do you see actually fly?

May want to learn to read dude, Hooked On Phonics didn't work for you.

She specifically stated, flying is an evolution not a power gained from Fel. Blizzard already stated Illidan is the most powerful Demon Hunter, he is going to have powers the other Demon Hunters don't have, while Illidan can't fly he can hover for a period of time. He's also the only Demon Hunter that can keep his wings out at all the time unlike us lesser ones.

Deleted
    Please read my whole post before replying I answered your question there.
    and who said that demon wings are not an effect of fel mutation? it becomes a power. can be stolen by consuming as it was fel made.

demons were not demons always.

and who said that demon wings are not an effect of fel mutation? it becomes a power. can be stolen by consuming as it was fel made.

Except they were, demons have existed for a long time the various races. Dreadlords and Nathrezim having been one of the very first ones. The Eredar or the Manari as they became to be known, weren't always as they were the Fel corrupted them.

10+ Year Old Account

Last time I'll ask you to read my post. After that I'll stop replying if you can't show me the most basic decency of reading a few short paragraphs.

Hint: I never once said demon hunters can gain mutations, I actually said they cannot control their own mutations and cannot target anatomical features to replicate in themselves. They can absorb the magic of fallen demons. Wings are not magical, at least literally no information ever provided has indicated as much. Wings of demons are just anatomy, which demon hunters cannot absorb
    Last edited by Actarius; 2016-08-23 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Because Illidan is more a Havoc DH, which is why the spec is centered around him?

Plus many Demons have wings...how many of them do you see actually fly?
    there are no specs in the lore. we are simply different then him, different demons eaten, different sources of power
    Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    May want to learn to read dude, Hooked On Phonics didn't work for you.

She specifically stated, flying is an evolution not a power gained from Fel. Blizzard already stated Illidan is the most powerful Demon Hunter, he is going to have powers the other Demon Hunters don't have, while Illidan can't fly he can hover for a period of time. He's also the only Demon Hunter that can keep his wings out at all the time unlike us lesser ones.
    and I have replied to it. his argument was based on wrong assumption.

no, he is not going to have our powers, each and every demon hunter develop in their own special way, depending onw hat they have consumed. for an example Illidan from what we know can't become this bulky hardy demon, as it was not a prt of his menu. it does not matter whether we have hidden wings or constantly visible, it can be a spontanteous mutation, ability to do so similar to metamorphosis.
    Last edited by mmoc02a203ff78; 2016-08-23 at 06:44 PM.

I think, probably just like many of you, us, that it would be actually amazing to be able to do it. It fits class fantasy and what is mor eimportant

IT IS JUST SUUUUUCH A COOL FEATURE
    All the arguments about lore and viability, and fear of flapping wings, and whatnot aside; I agree with the OP that this would be a cool and fun feature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    Except they were, demons have existed for a long time the various races. Dreadlords and Nathrezim having been one of the very first ones. The Eredar or the Manari as they became to be known, weren't always as they were the Fel corrupted them.
    it does not matter when they became demons, they became them. their every very speck is of fel and a result of it. shooting laser from the eyes is no different than spawning wings that are of fel origins

- - - Updated - - -

Last time I'll ask you to read my post. After that I'll stop replying if you can't show me the most basic decency of reading a few short paragraphs.
    I'm afraid you can't rad with understanding. Sorry, it appears you don't understand my reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    All the arguments about lore and viability, and fear of flapping wings, and whatnot aside; I agree with the OP that this would be a cool and fun feature.
    my man!!! now this is how noble soul looks like. some proper taste and honesty!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid you can't rad with understanding. Sorry, it appears you don't understand my reply.
    I'll give you another go:

Hint: I never once said demon hunters can gain mutations, I actually said they cannot control their own mutations and cannot target anatomical features to replicate in themselves. They can absorb the magic of fallen demons. Wings are not magical, at least literally no information ever provided has indicated as much. Wings of demons are just anatomy, which demon hunters cannot absorb

- - - Updated - - -

there are no specs in the lore. we are simply different then him, different demons eaten, different sources of power

and I have replied to it. his argument was based on wrong assumption.

no, he is not going to have our powers, each and every demon hunter develop in their own special way, depending onw hat they have consumed. for an example Illidan from what we know can't become this bulky hardy demon, as it was not a prt of his menu. it does not matter whether we have hidden wings or constantly visible, it can be a spontanteous mutation, ability to do so similar to metamorphosis.
    I assumed nothing, I used only information found in lore.

Go ahead, go find the lore that says you can absorb the anatomy of a demon. Or better yet, find the lore that says the wings of a demon are magical and not anatomical.

I searched for around 45 minutes for all the information we have on demon hunters before replying. You're just spouting your headcanon and assumptions. Prove me wrong and I'll eat my mercy wings.
    Last edited by Actarius; 2016-08-23 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted
    I'll give you another go:

then if you are going to spin this way, can't shooting fel laser from the eyes be a part of anatomy? like for an example venom of snakes? they are fel beings, they may produce whatever there is. it can be very much an integral part of their organisms.

wings most definately are magical considering as you have said they grow as part of unctrollable mutation then they are made of fel and it appears to be a constant considering most beings consumed by fel get some sort of wings or flight, well, maybe not most but great many. it stands reasoonable that wings are fel made just like whore demon bodies thus can be absorbed and treated as direct power.

it appears to me that you have problem with reasoning sequences. to me it is pretty clear. I mean demon tissue is not a normal one. it is all wet soaked with fel

snip
    Your explaination makes perfectly sense... however it's not exactly what happens ingame. While DHs do get their "fel magical" abilities from absorbing demon souls, they also get other skills that are not in any way associated with fel magic, like Throw Glaive or Vengeful Retreat.

Thus, by extention, i think it would be more logical to assume (and i repeat: assume. All this we are doing is nothing if not pure speculation) that demonic souls simply makes Demon Hunters stronger: how they develop that strenght is probably subjective and different from each individual, but that could very well produce the ability to fly since one of them (illidan, of course) reached that ability by consuming massive fel energies.

Snip 2
    Annie, please take it down a notch. Read what other people are trying to tell you, even if you don't agree with it. It's what forums are for after all

10+ Year Old Account
    then if you are going to spin this way, can't shooting fel laser from the eyes be a part of anatomy? like for an example venom of snakes? they are fel beings, they may produce whatever there is. it can be very much an integral part of their organisms.

wings most definately are magical considering as you have said they grow as part of unctrollable mutation then they are made of fel and it appears to be a constant considering most beings consumed by fel get some sort of wings or flight, well, maybe not most but great many. it stands reasoonable that wings are fel made just like whore demon bodies thus can be absorbed and treated as direct power.
    I'm not spinning anything. Wings are not magical, Blizzard has never said they are. You're making the claim that wings are magical and there for absorbable by demon hunters, therefore you need to support that claim with evidence, and no your own headcanon does not count, you need a quote from a novel, from Blizzard, from WoW, or some other canonical source.

Demon hunter wings are a mutation whereas demon wings are not, if you'd have the simple decency of reading my post you'd have known that though. Instead you're throwing your words in my mouth and arguing against them, lacking any form of intellectual honesty or integrity.

And furthermore, mutations are not magical. They have a magical origin, but they themselves are not magical. I.e. a fireball is not magical, it comes from a magical spell. A fireball is literally a ball fire, but the abilityto summon a fireball is magical.

Again you're assuming things based on your own bias. I personally think it'd be cool to fly as a DH, but you can't just go doing whatever you want and breaking all of your established rules. As I said, again if you'd read my posts you'd know this, you need to come up with a working reason why demon hunters can fly. Absorbing anatomy doesn't work, or else demon hunters would be giant, flying, death lizards bigger than mannoroth with the strength to level mountains.

Guess what? They're not because they cannot absorb anatomy, only demonic powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Demon View Post
    Your explaination makes perfectly sense... however it's not exactly what happens ingame. While DHs do get their "fel magical" abilities from absorbing demon souls, they also get other skills that are not in any way associated with fel magic, like Throw Glaive or Vengeful Retreat.

Thus, by extention, i think it would be more logical to assume (and i repeat: assume. All this we are doing is nothing if not pure speculation) that demonic souls simply makes Demon Hunters stronger: how they develop that strenght is probably subjective and different from each individual, but that could very well produce the ability to fly since one of them (illidan, of course) reached that ability by consuming massive fel energies.
    Ehh Blizzard themselves have stated game mechanics are not canonical, since mechanics need to supercede lore in some occasions. If I recall, those abilities are actually taught to the DH by the quest giver, and some abilities come from absorbing demonic souls (like eye beam). I'd need to replay the zone to double check however.

Regardless, unless a quest text/novel/blizzard post says differently, I don't believe that's how their powers work. Again I'll double check after work and post in the thread with my findings.

Wielding the powers of demons they’ve slain, they develop demonic features that incite revulsion and dread in fellow elves.

This is really the best information we have to go off of. It's not much, but "powers of demons" means magic. Blizzard has stated that demon hunters cannot control the demonic features, and that they are more of a mutation, but I'd have to dig for that quote.