Poll: Have you traveled 1M miles in your life?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even close for me. I've never been on a plane and I've only been abroad once. I doubt the moving about I've done within the UK would be anywhere near 1M.

Nope, but im positive that in 34 years i have walked probably close to 90,000km and ran about 5,000 or a bit more.
    Plane not sure, been to Australia ( 2 times ), all over the Europe so that's some 150,000km i guess ( not really counting ).
    By bus throughout my younger and teen days probably bout 100,000-150,000 ( to school and back, to holidays to friends and so on )
    By car ( before I got my driving license ) i think close to 300.000km
    And about the same since i got one.

So I would say about 1mill km....

According to my cycling log which goes back to 1981, I have done 2.92M miles on my bicycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
    To fall down at your door

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Word. Doesn't OP know that the earth moves around the sun and it rotates every day?
    Lies, that's just an illusion of perspective. In fact the earth is the stationary center of all the universe and the rest of the universe expands and twists around it in a way so as to make it appear as if the earth is moving, don't be fooled however, it is entirely stationary.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I run around 25k miles per year usually
    You run 70 miles a day? 365 days a year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Perhaps Liam Neeson is chasing him?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I've flown all over the place so I'm sure that I am close or past a million miles.

I don't know, but my fitbit gave me an Italy badge saying I walked the length of Italy since I owned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    The previous sentence was mentioning my car. My car's mileage runs about 25k miles per year.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I should be getting there...

15 years of driving 200-250 km, 5 days a week, should total me for around 800k km. And that was just for work. All other stuff probably adds up to another 300k in my life, so that's in the 1.1M km area. Only about 500k km left to get 7 digits in miles too.

Funnily enough, the bulk of that was probably within a 30 km radius of my home. I know my area really fucking well by now :P

Far from it. Doubt I will ever reach it either. Not a big fan of travel, I like to live very close to where I work/study etc.

I was born in Guam and suffered a major injury before I was two which required me to get treatments in Hawaii, Colorado, California, and Washington DC every few weeks for the next couple of years (fortunately Dad was military so didn't have to pay for travel or treatment). Treatment in Colorado was the most common and it is 6,650 miles between Denver and Guam, so 13,300 a month (minimum) for 3 years that works out to 478,800 by the time I was 5, just from medical flights, plus we took vacations to Japan, South Korea, and the Philippines. Then once we got back to the States we were stationed in Caribou, Maine and did several road trips to California over the next several years. I would say I easily did 1,000,000 miles before I was even a teenager.
    Last edited by Utinil; 2016-08-23 at 08:24 PM.

For sure, I've put ~500k miles just on the few cars I have owned, that doesn't count various motorcycles, riding with other people, flying, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

I feel like people grossly overestimate how far their flights are mile wise. The continental US is only like 2600 across. So flying to California and Africa and Europe has netted you like 10k. Just do that like 100 times guys.

No, I'd say probably in the 500k-600k range at the very most, wouldn't be surprised if I was in the high 400k almost 500k zone. Don't like to travel much.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to know what kind of car that lasted to 300k so I can add it to my list of cars I'd own. Given the engine and trans was never replaced or rebuilt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No clue. Maybe? I've been to a hell of a lot of different countries time and time again so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The earth is a space ship, you traveled many a million of miles.
    slightly more than that
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/201...-life-on-earth

Not even close, and I don't expect I will in my lifetime. I'm from The Netherlands. It's hard to travel a hundred miles and still be in the same country, and that would obviously be far too big a trip to take on a regular basis. As it stands, I take my bike to uni, which is about 5 minutes away, to a supermarket which is a similar distance, and occasionally to the train station, which is right around the corner, to visit someone. I suspect I do in the region of 200km a month at the moment.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.