Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

As someone who doesn't really care for pet battles

Can I level/buy only a few level 25 pets instead of a shit load that will be usable to complete the pet world quests at max level in legion?

Is there a team of 3 that are good for a lot of fights? Or do I have to have a lot of different types?

Thanks
    Last edited by Solidito; 2016-08-22 at 11:11 PM.

I believe you can't learn a pet that is a higher level than the highest level of pet you have trained. So you can't just get a level 25 from someone you have to level one up to max yourself first. I don't do pet battles myself so I can't help you on that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I believe you can't learn a pet that is a higher level than the highest level of pet you have trained. So you can't just get a level 25 from someone you have to level one up to max yourself first. I don't do pet battles myself so I can't help you on that.
    I've at least got one level 25 already (Lil'Tarecgosa) which I boosted in WoD with some item from the garrison I believe, closest to that is level 4 lol.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2016-08-22 at 11:25 PM.

There's usually about half a dozen really solid pets to have to just destroy all the elite/quest pets in an xpac but with the recent changes to many pets and nerfs I think you'd have to dig around on some of the more dedicated pet battling sites to find a current list as I'd imagine all the ones people developed from earlier in Beta are now trash.

If there isn't one give it some time, the hardcore pokemasters always find the best 1-2 teams to wreck every major pet battle pretty fast.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I've at least got one level 25 already (Lil'Tarecgosa) which I boosted in WoD with some item from the garrison I believe, closest to that is level 4 lol.
    You can get more of those boost stones. Do first quest for pet building on each of your level 100 characters, which doesn't require you to do any pet battles.

Then you can do pet battles daily in garrison that gives you 3 mini stones that grant 1 level to any pet. For that daily you need 2 level 25 pets, for third pet you can use random pet that has to just live for 1 round then it will get loads of xp. Check group finder for "Erris" (for alliance, horde NPC has different name) to find garrison with pet daily quest.

Then there is a weekly quest in garrison that sends you to defeat 5 pet battle trainers in Draenor. It is bugged after patch, you can complete it without fighting any trainers. It rewards 10 stones that grant 1 level.

You'll have team of level 25 pets in no time. I'm not into pet battles either, but I can destroy pretty much anything with my team of: Clockwork Gnome, Celestial Dragon and Draenei Micro Defender. Sometimes replacing them with Personal World Destroyer (for full mechanical team), Mojo (for healing or hex) or Phoenix Hatchling. All of those pets are very easy to get.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-08-23 at 09:24 AM.

Emerald proto whelp and anbisol idol are two pets that can help immensely in pet battling

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Emerald proto whelp and anbisol idol are two pets that can help immensely in pet battling
    Idol is purchaseable from the AH (drops in AQ some shit - Twim Emps i believe) and the Emerald Proto Whelp is in Sholazar Basin, upper mid in that little fire forest with the daddy Emeralds.

A quick leveling strat involves the pet battle daily in your garrison with "Squirt", but you'd need a specific team to help there.

Part of the problem is a lot of the "here is the best team to do everything/this hard thing" is that they'll be dicks about and include 500K ToC pets or blizzard exclusives, collectors editions etc but those pets generally do wreck shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Idol is purchaseable from the AH (drops in AQ some shit - Twim Emps i believe) and the Emerald Proto Whelp is in Sholazar Basin, upper mid in that little fire forest with the daddy Emeralds.

A quick leveling strat involves the pet battle daily in your garrison with "Squirt", but you'd need a specific team to help there.

Part of the problem is a lot of the "here is the best team to do everything/this hard thing" is that they'll be dicks about and include 500K ToC pets or blizzard exclusives, collectors editions etc but those pets generally do wreck shit.
    That is why I picked these two easy to get and with them one can beat most of the takers and even carry a third pet thru them. Have fun

That is why I picked these two easy to get and with them one can beat most of the takers and even carry a third pet thru them. Have fun
    I have a toon sitting outside two moons that only pet battles to level, water and flyers there so the emerald proto handles things nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    You can get more of those boost stones. Do first quest for pet building on each of your level 100 characters, which doesn't require you to do any pet battles.
    Holy crap, thanks lol.

Got 9 stones now, so I can boost 9 pets to level 25.

Thanks everyone else too, going to check out the pets listed and try and get them.

Holy crap, thanks lol.

Got 9 stones now, so I can boost 9 pets to level 25.

Thanks everyone else too, going to check out the pets listed and try and get them.
    Good to hear this was helpful to you. Good luck and soon you will realize pet battles can be addicting.

15+ Year Old Account
    soon you will realize pet battles can be addicting.
    Will see, did like Pokemon back in the day lol. Got the idol you recommended up to now, gna see if I can get the Emerald whelp but I've heard it can be pretty rare (unless you can buy on the AH, not looked).

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    These two and I would maybe chuck in a Sprite darter hatchling (you can farm the nether faerie dragon which does the same thing if you don't want to buy it) Mechanical pandaren dragonling and maybe an azure whelpling.

That Emerald proto whelp is amazing though, well worth farming a rare/making it one with stones.

Mechanical pandaren dragonling is a beast, he has a spot on many of my teams.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Can I level/buy only a few level 25 pets instead of a shit load that will be usable to complete the pet world quests at max level in legion? Is there a team of 3 that are good for a lot of fights? Or do I have to have a lot of different types?
    No. Longer answer get some decent pets to max level (why you not have done this yet is beyond me.....)

Best souce for Infos on how and what to level: Warcraftpets.com
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2016-08-23 at 07:46 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    A few strong pets that are easy to get/reasonably priced on the AH:

* Fiendish Imp
    * Teroclar Hatchling
    * Ghastly Kid
    * Gilnean Raven (or any crow/raven)
    * Bone Serpent
    * Chrominius
    * Death Adder Hatchling
    * Unborn Val'kyr (server hopping ftw)
    * Frostfur Rat
    * Junglebeak
    * Nightshade Sproutling
    * Frog (the faster the better)
    * Singing Sunflower
    * Magical Crawdad

You don't even need to server hop to get unborn val'kyr unless they fixed it. A spawn is always up in the zone, so you catch/kill one, go look at the other spawns. Now if only Minfernal were like that

The pets I find myself using overly often:

• Anubisath Idol
    • Clockwork Gnome
    • Chrominius
    • Zandalari Anklerender/Kneebiter (Black claw/Hunting Party)
    • Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
    • Darkmoon Zeppelin
    • Snails (There's plenty, speed is worst stat)
    • Fel Flame

With these 3 pets you can do almost anything :

Unborn Valkyr (power version)
    Ikky
    Emerald Proto-whelp (power version)

Other very useful pets :

Anubisath Idol
    Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
    Nether Faerie Dragon
    Rotten Little helper
    Spineclaw Crab
    Infinite Whelpling
    Graves or Fossilized Hatchling
    Darkmoon Tonk
    Iron Starlette
    Giant Sewer Rat
    Trunks
    Ruby Droplet
    Death Adder Hatchling
    Last edited by Shuken; 2016-08-24 at 12:44 AM.

Good to hear this was helpful to you. Good luck and soon you will realize pet battles can be addicting.
    God... I remember MoP. I spent the first month only doing pet battle... Rip

Homophobia is so gay.