Loot Council BiS List Compiling

My guild is transitioning into a Loot Council for the coming expansion and we are brainstorming Ideas on how to collect BiS information from our raiders. I was curious how other successful loot council's collect and manipulate their guilds BiS lists for ease of use in determining how best to allocate loot for their raids teams. Please if you have some insight leave it here I'm sure it will help more then just me!

Thanks
    Last edited by Sanat; 2016-08-19 at 11:22 PM.

Most written guides offer a BiS list within them. As for putting them together, usually keeping a forum specifically for BiS and having people list theirs is a good way to go.

Anyone have a good template? Its not hard to put one together but I was trying to figure out what everyone else looks for.

with the wf system its relly hard to make a bis list

yeah we told our raiders to assume mythic ilvl w/o sockets or WF and that is just bonus

We have a forum dedicated for our raiders to post their BiS lists in. Anything TF/Socket is just bonus and they still have the option of obtaining it via loot council, even if they already have a similar version of the item. It's a quick reference for the council members to look at while making a decision on who to award loot to.
    Last edited by Madisyn; 2016-08-22 at 08:10 PM.

There's an addon called Best in Slot that may help.

google spreadsheet for every boss loot table and let raiders edit it and fill in pieces they need/don't need or if they only need something Warforged and make sure they update their BiS list weekly.

That makes it very easy to see who needs what boss and how many need tier tokens/trinkets.

If you are compiling a BiS list you're just wasting your fucking time. With sockets being worth more then 20TF ilvls and titan-forged having the ability to roll up to 895, there is no point in having a BiS list for legion.

The best approach you can do is have you raiders submit a pawn string of their stat weights, copy it in your own pawn addon and award loot based on the stat priority they give you. That way it's fair for everyone and acts as an incentive for everyone to do some research into their own class. Of course you have to have some common sense when doing this, disregard trinkets, tier bonuses, if an item is best for raider X but it's only a 5 ilvl upgrade give it to raider Y for a 25 ilvl upgrade but not the best stats. etc. etc.

Deleted
    With the new Titanforged system there isn't much use in making BiS list to be honest. Highest item level will be best in slot. I guess it would be useful when a 885+ item drops and you have to determine who to give it to, but generally it's best to gear your highest performing DPS, or the DPS you need to do well for a specific boss fight you expect to struggle with(for instance, a boss has an execute phase that you need to go through fast, so you will want to gear a warrior or SP). When doing a loot council, you should plan ahead and look at the other bosses you are going to do, and try to estimate what your raid team will look like for that fight. For this to work you need to have a good grasp of your strengths and weaknesses too. Where does your raid excell at? Are your healers finishing the fights with plenty of mana, or are they struggling to keep people up? Are you having trouble killing priority adds? Or maybe your cleave dps isn't high enough? Basically, you need to know what your team can do and what it needs to do in future fights. In the case you have a roster with substitutes, you also have to consider which classes you are going to be using for which fights, and how many of each class.
    Last edited by mmocf78784398d; 2016-08-22 at 03:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanat View Post
    My guild is transitioning into a Loot Council for the coming expansion and we are brainstorming Ideas on how to collect BiS information from our raiders. I was curious how other successful loot council's collect and manipulate their guilds BiS lists for ease of use in determining how best to allocate loot for their raids teams. Please if you have some insight leave it here I'm sure it will help more then just me!

Thanks
    Head over to Ask Mr. Robot, someone pony up for a subscription and use their tools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Head over to Ask Mr. Robot, someone pony up for a subscription and use their tools.
    That's probably worse than throwing darts at pictures of gear to generate a BiS list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    That's probably worse than throwing darts at pictures of gear to generate a BiS list.
    How so? AMR usually gets its stat values from the sims and theorycrafting pages. It's not accurate atm because class changes are still happening but it will be close or soon after raiding starts.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

@Kantalope The gear lists get you the best results, given the stat weights. If you don't like the results you can customize the weights (I can show you how if you'd like). It's all just a lot of math that combs over millions of combos and gives you the best result.

There's one exception for WoD - the trinkets don't rank well with stat weights. Ideally you sim those. But that's one of the reasons we built a simulator for Legion. Now, all legion trinkets will be ranked directly from simulations
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion