Blood of Sargeras

Sorry that this has probably been asked a million times already but will I be at a major disadvantage if I don't drop a crafting profession on each character to pick up a gathering one for this item? Or does it reliably come from other sources so I'm safe to keep JC / BS on a single character for example?

Runing heroic dungeons with a deacent group should net you way more then gathering ever could, or so i have been told...
    Or even just grinding mobs with the rep shoulder enchant for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm worried about it being BoP. I have a double gatherer and double crafter. This could get ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I'm worried about it being BoP. I have a double gatherer and double crafter. This could get ugly.
    The double gatherer is sorta screwed. All those blood and nothing to spend them on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    It's incredibly, incredibly likely that they will add a vendor that takes BoS and gives you mats of some kind. They did it with Primal Spirits in WoD, with Spirits of Harmony in MoP, and Frozen Orbs in WotLK. I tried to convince them on the Beta forum to put the vendor in for launch but looks like that won't be happening. Just save them up, they'll be useful eventually on a double-gatherer.

As to a double-crafter, it obviously depends on how many you are using. You can get a few a day from world quests, but the best way seems to be dungeons at lvl 110. Normals seems to drop 2-3 per run on average, and heroics more like 3-4, at least they were a month ago on Beta. The drop rate from gathering (requires lvl 2 for that gathering type) is quite low, like 1 in 25 maybe? The shoulder enchant to get Blood drops requires Revered rep with Wardens, which is the hardest faction to get rep with since they are not attached to a zone of quests, just a handful of world quests up at any one time. On the plus side though, apparently the enchant can't be applied through the trade window to other people.

I personally rearranged all my professions from double-crafting to 1 gather/1craft, not bc of BoS, but bc of needing lots of mats to craft and obliterate gear. After two weeks or so I will drop gathering and go back to dual crafters and one dual gatherer.
    Last edited by b0928; 2016-08-23 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    It's incredibly, incredibly likely that they will add a vendor that takes BoS and gives you mats of some kind. They did it with Primal Spirits in WoD, with Spirits of Harmony in MoP, and Frozen Orbs in WotLK. I tried to convince them on the Beta forum to put the vendor in for launch but looks like that won't be happening. Just save them up, they'll be useful eventually on a double-gatherer.

As to a double-crafter, it obviously depends on how many you are using. You can get a few a day from world quests, but the best way seems to be dungeons at lvl 110. Normals seems to drop 2-3 per run on average, and heroics more like 3-4, at least they were a month ago on Beta. The drop rate from gathering (requires lvl 2 for that gathering type) is quite low, like 1 in 25 maybe? The shoulder enchant to get Blood drops requires Revered rep with Wardens, which is the hardest faction to get rep with since they are not attached to a zone of quests, just a handful of world quests up at any one time. On the plus side though, apparently the enchant can't be applied through the trade window to other people.

I personally rearranged all my professions from double-crafting to 1 gather/1craft, not bc of BoS, but bc of needing lots of mats to craft and obliterate gear. After two weeks or so I will drop gathering and go back to dual crafters and one dual gatherer.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info! I think I'll stick with my current setup of Inscription/JC on Shaman and Herb/Mining on DH. Hopefully Blizz puts the vendor in like you are suggesting.

Good information, thanks. Seems I should be ok with a few double crafting characters thanks to dungeons dropping blood. I really can't understand why the blood is BoP and not BoA though.

I mean, you can just keep switichng back and forth 2x gathering<>2x crafting. Not like you lose anything...
    Im just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    The double gatherer is sorta screwed. All those blood and nothing to spend them on.
    This is not true. I'll have my main as a double crafter and an double gatherer alt and the way it'll work is:

Alt sends mats to main. Main will have bloods from running dungeons and such. Main will craft stuff. Main will send most crafted stuff to alt. Alt will have lots of bloods to use for making Obliterum from the items from main. Alt will send Obliterum to main who will use it to upgrade gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    ... Alt will have lots of bloods to use for making Obliterum from the items from main. Alt will send Obliterum to main who will use it to upgrade gear.
    Making obliterium doesnt require BoS (its just like disenchant). Using obliterium to upgrade item does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutiltroska View Post
    Making obliterium doesnt require BoS (its just like disenchant). Using obliterium to upgrade item does.
    Woops so it seems. Was that changed at some point or am I just oblivious :P