Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Your bias is showing. Handicapped people can cause as much shit as fully able ones. He could of been reaching for a gun. We don't know if the officer is at fault yet..
    So quick to defend the actions of cops, kind of sad really. The article said an "encounter" took place - if there was a weapon involved that would be the first thing the cops said to justify their actions. More likely, is the "encounter" was the guy using sign language the cop mistook it as threatening and shot him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, currently we have little to nothing to work with. I thought the US use cams on police cars and body cams as well?
    If it takes an extended period of time to release body/dash cam footage, its usually indicative that police were in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    They should carry pen and paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Unless the guy was illiterate it would have been fairly easy to communicate through writing on a pad.
    And then it could be said he was "reaching" for something. Since he has no way to verbally communicate he's reaching for a pen and paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I don't care if you're deaf - if you arent' capable of noticing a policeman trying to pull you over - either via sirens or lights - YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE.
    He shot a person dead.

Of course the offiicer is going to assume you're a potential danger after a THIRTEEN MILE CHASE where apparently you don't look in your rear view mirror the ENTIRE TIME??
    He shot a person dead.

I'm sorry, I'm not jumping to blame the officer for this.
    He shot a person dead.

Gaurentee in a week or two we see the dashcam video of the deaf guy getting aggresive with the officer.
    Yeah because video evidence of police firing at harmless suspects is so rare these days.

another trigger happy pig. really it happens basically everyday and still folks arent willing to address the problem we have

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care if you're deaf - if you arent' capable of noticing a policeman trying to pull you over - either via sirens or lights - YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE.

Of course the offiicer is going to assume you're a potential danger after a THIRTEEN MILE CHASE where apparently you don't look in your rear view mirror the ENTIRE TIME??

I'm sorry, I'm not jumping to blame the officer for this.

Gaurentee in a week or two we see the dashcam video of the deaf guy getting aggresive with the officer.

You mean like those execution style shootings we have seen on numerous occasions already where the cop is clearly out of bounds in what is proper way to do his job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at that, an unarmed white person shot by a cop......

I can understand he's deaf, but did he not look in the rear view mirror and see the flashing lights behind him? Did he not look behind him the entire 7 miles? No stop signs the entire time to look left or right and maybe out of his peripheral vision see a flashing light?

Not that I'm saying this shooting is justified but I want to see the tape before I make a call on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is totally obvious who read the articale and who didn't by some of these posts. I'll be waiting for the dash and body cams to released before placing any judgement. Sucks a person had to die and another person has to live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Can you look up the definition of "harmless", then post some videos you think fit this description.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=alton+sterling+video

Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    He shot a person dead.

He shot a person dead.

He shot a person dead.

Yeah because video evidence of police firing at harmless suspects is so rare these days.
    Keep blasting off on your anti police tangent. You don't get to not pull over just because you're deaf, and you certainly don't get to be aggresive with a police officer.

There is no way this story is true. The police only shoots black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I can't comment on the shooting without knowing why he was shot but even deaf, wouldn't you still see the sirens behind you?
    Depends, did it happen during the day time or at night. On a freeway or in the city?

Reading the story, it says it started on the freeway and doesn't mention night time. I would say that not checking your rearview for 8 miles ~8 mins isnt the best of driving habits but wouldn't surprise me. The lights aren't so obvious during the middle of the day which is they are usually accompanied with horns and whistles...which a deaf person wouldn't hear.

I think we would've heard if the slain had a gun or not by now. Intentionally fleeing or not, I bet the guy was trying to communicate to the officer that he was deaf, jumpy officer or hot headed officer assumed gun and shot. Another awesome display of police training in America.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Keep blasting off on your anti police tangent. You don't get to not pull over just because you're deaf, and you certainly don't get to be aggresive with a police officer.
    I want you to understand how much you are trivializing dying as an expected outcome for an encounter with police.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Depends, did it happen during the day time or at night. On a freeway or in the city?

Reading the story, it says it started on the freeway and doesn't mention night time. I would say that not checking your rearview for 8 miles ~8 mins isnt the best of driving habits but wouldn't surprise me. The lights aren't so obvious during the middle of the day which is they are usually accompanied with horns and whistles...which a deaf person wouldn't hear.

I think we would've heard if the slain had a gun or not by now. Intentionally fleeing or not, I bet the guy was trying to communicate to the officer that he was deaf, jumpy officer or hot headed officer assumed gun and shot. Another awesome display of police training in America.
    And this is exactly why cops are put in a bad light. Because people like you ASSUME shit while in the same post talking about how you don't know all the facts. Its incredible. Its like no one can possibly believe a deaf person can get aggresive.

Guess what, if you run from the cops for 13 miles, I don't care what disability you have, you fucked up, and yea a cop is going to potentially be worried that you're dangerous as a result, so if you do anything aggresive, they're trained to defend themselves regardless of whether a physical weapon is seen or not.

A black officer shot a white suspect ? Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

I want you to understand how much you are trivializing dying as an expected outcome for an encounter with police.

Police are trained to defend themselves if they feel threatened. Instead of blaming police, we should be educating citizens on how to act respectful and not be a complete fucktard during an interaction with police, who are trained to defend themselves or the public at even the slightest act of aggression.

You're the same fucktard who would be bitching if police hesitated to kill a suicide bomber who went on to kill dozens or hundreds of people because they only "thought" they saw rigged explosives.

Also, claiming its an EXPECTED outcome?

I'm not even going to argue with your uneducated, ignorant ass.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2016-08-23 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I can't comment on the shooting without knowing why he was shot but even deaf, wouldn't you still see the sirens behind you?
    Hard to see a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    How many police encounters occur each year on average. How many people are shot by police each year. Now tell me the likelihood of being shot during a police encounter. I'll be waiting.
    I don't think that excuses the shootings that aren't justified.

So he didnt have a rear view mirror to know to pull over? Either way the cops not at fault for this. Was just an series of bad events for both of them.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Police are trained to defend themselves if they feel threatened. Instead of blaming police, we should be educating citizens on how to act respectful and not be a complete fucktard during an interaction with police, who are trained to defend themselves or the public at even the slightest act of aggression.

You're the same fucktard who would be bitching if police hesitated to kill a suicide bomber who went on to kill dozens or hundreds of people because they only "thought" they saw rigged explosives.
    Okay but see the bolded. How is that not a problem? A suicide bomber isn't a "slight act of aggression". What do you define as "slight".

Nobody is trivializing death. If you look at it from the COPS point of view, you are trying to pull over a guy for speeding. This guys refuses to stop, and when he finally does he is combative. I am not going to sit here and blame cops for every death. There is a such thing as shared fault. If this guy would have pulled over earlier, it would have gone down much differently.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=70
    There are millions of police interactions every year and only a fraction end up in this manner. Which means police are not trigger happy as the media wants you to believe.

Also, claiming its an EXPECTED outcome?

I'm not even going to argue with your uneducated, ignorant ass.
    Please explain why other developed nations simply don't have this issue.