Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    So he didnt have a rear view mirror to know to pull over? Either way the cops not at fault for this. Was just an series of bad events for both of them.
    So you're saying that being an inconvenience (not stopping), is just cause for execution? really?

10+ Year Old Account
    So he didnt have a rear view mirror to know to pull over? Either way the cops not at fault for this. Was just an series of bad events for both of them.
    You don't know that yet. Not nearly enough details to come to any sort of conclusion.

Maybe he was trying to use sign language and the cop thought he was throwing up gang signs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    I want you to understand how much you are trivializing dying as an expected outcome for an encounter with police.
    An expected outcome for idiots behaving like idiots.

"In today's news, XX thousands of interactions with police occurred where people used common sense, behaved reasonably, answered some questions, then went about there life... One guy decided he wasn't going to do any of that shit and got shot because of his own actions by an human who also happens to be a police officer and desired to live more than give someone threatening him the benefit of the doubt... THE SYSTEM IS FUCKIN BROKE COPS KILL EVERYONE!"

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

It says an encounter took place. Doesn't everyone know you don't get out of your car unless the officer ask? Second, Deaf or not, do people drive miles without even glancing in their rear-view mirror?
    The first thing any officer will tell you is to stay inside of your car unless asked to get out.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Nobody is trivializing death. If you look at it from the COPS point of view, you are trying to pull over a guy for speeding. This guys refuses to stop, and when he finally does he is combative. I am not going to sit here and blame cops for every death. There is a such thing as shared fault. If this guy would have pulled over earlier, it would have gone down much differently.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=70
    There are millions of police interactions every year and only a fraction end up in this manner. Which means police are not trigger happy as the media wants you to believe.
    US police kill hundreds to over a thousand people annually, while the German police fired 85 bullets in the entire nation of Germany in 2011. The UK has an average of 0-2 police shootings annually.

Deleted
    The life of a US citizen must not be worth much, if people's lives get ended just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    So you're saying that being an inconvenience (not stopping), is just cause for execution? really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    You don't know that yet. Not nearly enough details to come to any sort of conclusion.
    "The driver exited his vehicle in the neighborhood and an "encounter took place" that led to a shot being fired, North Carolina State Highway Patrol spokesman Sergeant Michael Baker said in a statement."

It was a series of bad events. Had the man stayed in his car and let the cop approach things would have gone better. What do you want besides saying bad shit happened? Not stopping usually means they have something to hide or are running. Then to get out means they are a threat to the cop or others. It was a bad situation really just accept it.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    How many police encounters occur each year on average. How many people are shot by police each year. Now tell me the likelihood of being shot during a police encounter. I'll be waiting.
    It's very low. No official numbers on actual numbers of police shootings but the closest I found was close to 1000 people last year in America. ( again not official) and this year seems to be on target with that. Tens of millions of people are stopped every year for a traffic stop. Based on those very vague numbers , we can conclude that a very minute amount of people are shot by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by choww View Post
    The life of a US citizen must not be worth much, if people's lives get ended just like that.

Came to this conclusion over a cop shooting and not the massive insane amounts of citizen killing other citizens mostly ganger bangers whos lets be frank here arent worth much to begin with.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

"The driver exited his vehicle in the neighborhood and an "encounter took place" that led to a shot being fired, North Carolina State Highway Patrol spokesman Sergeant Michael Baker said in a statement."

It was a series of bad events. Had the man stayed in his car and let the cop approach things would have gone better. What do you want besides saying bad shit happened? Not stopping usually means they have something to hide or are running. Then to get out means they are a threat to the cop or others. It was a bad situation really just accept it.
    Having something to hide or running are not causes for summary execution. If getting out of your car means you are a threat, then how do you explain the fact that this guy wasn't a threat and got out of his car?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    It's very low. No official numbers on actual numbers of police shootings but the closest I found was close to 1000 people last year in America. ( again not official) and this year seems to be on target with that. Tens of millions of people are stopped every year for a traffic stop. Based on those very vague numbers , we can conclude that a very minute amount of people are shot by the police.
    Yet the German police can somehow do their jobs while firing under 100 bullets in a year.

10+ Year Old Account

Dude that's victim blaming, you can't do that in a #CopLivesDontMatter thread.

Be careful or Endus will get you.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Dude that's victim blaming, you can't do that in a #CopLivesDontMatter thread.

Be careful or Endus will get you.
    At what point was the officer's life in danger?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    And this is exactly why cops are put in a bad light. Because people like you ASSUME shit while in the same post talking about how you don't know all the facts. Its incredible. Its like no one can possibly believe a deaf person can get aggressive.

Guess what, if you run from the cops for 13 miles, I don't care what disability you have, you fucked up, and yea a cop is going to potentially be worried that you're dangerous as a result, so if you do anything aggresive, they're trained to defend themselves regardless of whether a physical weapon is seen or not.
    Cops put themselves in their own bad light with scandal after scandal. By tolerating bad cops. Allowing those bad cops to get away with rampant corruption and misconduct. Its sad when you can predict what went down before the videos even come out. And how many of those videos will be "lost" "damaged" "we don't know why is skipped 30 sec".

The deaf man was aggressive? Fucking taze him. Pepper Spray him, wait for backup. Running from the police isn't a death sentence. The police are not judges, juries, and executioners. They don't get to say "well I though he was a piece of shit so I shot him", they aren't allowed to say "well he was argumentative and combative so I shot him", the gun is for when their life is in danger, not when someone gave them a hard time.

they're trained to defend themselves regardless of whether a physical weapon is seen or not.
    Trained to defends themselves if fine, most people will agree. But when you're trained to use deadly force just because you're paranoid or can't be asked to try to deescalate a situation then something is wrong with your training.

I rather that we overinvestigate every police shooting to cover the officers ass when they weren't wrong and to cut down on police misconduct than to always to assume that the person shot somehow brought the bullet on themself.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-08-23 at 09:18 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account

No because the details are vague. An encounter can mean anything from a verbal exchange to a physical altercation. Also lots of people leave their vehicles when pulled over (they're not supposed to, agreed) and not all of them meet this fate. So yeah, something bad happened but we don't know exactly why it led to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    A black officer shot a white suspect ? Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
    What does that have to do with anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Cops put themselves in their own bad light with scandal after scandal. By tolerating bad cops. Allowing those bad cops to get away with rampant corruption and misconduct. Its sad when you can predict what went down before the videos even come out. And how many of those videos will be "lost" "damaged" "we don't know why is skipped 30 sec".

The deaf man was aggressive? Fucking taze him. Pepper Spray him, wait for backup. Running from the police isn't a death sentence. The police are not judges, juries, and executioners. They don't get to say "well I though he was a piece of shit so I shot him", they aren't allowed to say "well he was argumentative and combative so I shot him", the gun is for when their life is in danger, not when someone gave them a hard time.

Trained to defends themselves if fine, most people will agree. But when you're trained to use deadly force just because you're paranoid or can't be asked to try to deescalate a situation then something is wrong with your training.
    You don't understand. You are talking to fascists. They LIKE that the police execute people for the most minor slight possible. It makes them HAPPY that things like this happen, because it demonstrates to them the existence of an intrinsic authority to kill, which they see as orderly and proper. They are demented. You can't be rational with them.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    As soon as the driver didn't pull over his vehicle in a timely manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    At what point does the officer's right to protect himself from a perceived threat cease to exist?

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Nobody is trivializing death. If you look at it from the COPS point of view, you are trying to pull over a guy for speeding. This guys refuses to stop, and when he finally does he is combative.
    ... So you KILL HIM?