Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post

Honestly I can't see why they should not be allowed to drive. But they should of course be extra aware with checking their rear window and such, but honestly... how much do you use your hearing when driving?
    All the time? Not sure about you, but it is part of being aware for me.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Two questions:

Why/how didn't he see the lights?

Should deaf people be allowed to drive? Hearing sirens is kinda important.
    Color blindness isn't allowed to an extent and many states make it illegal to drive with headphones on so I don't see why deaf people should be allowed to drive.

That aside, this won't make mainstream news because what I imagine was a black cop shot a white person and it doesn't further the BLM lie agenda.(CNN and the like meanwhile the Milwaukee incident was covered to death).

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    He obviously didnt listen to the instructions of the officer.
    Oh you.....
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is it even legal for a deaf person to drive? If you can't hear the sirens behind you, you shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Getting shot in the back by the officer would also be a physical alteraction and an encounter with the officer.
    (Note that I'm not saying that happened.)

- - - Updated - - -

No, he was followed for "suspicion of speeding" which means he was not speeding during the 'chase'.
    Depends on your source - ops source says he was being pulled over "for speeding" no "suspicion"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Copes are highly trained as it is.
    Is this you guessing or do you know how that training looks like compared to other countries?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Depends on your source - ops source says he was being pulled over "for speeding" no "suspicion"
    Since my source included the "suspicion" I will for now assume that the other was simply shortened, because otherwise the longer one would be objectively and intentionally misleading.
    Thus I will continue to object to any laying of the entire blame on either of the two persons involved; we simply cannot tell yet from the information available to us.
    I certainly do not think the death of a person is nor should it be the desired outcome of an attempted traffic stop for "suspicion of speeding".

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Another article:

So not only was the guy fully aware he was being pursued, both of their cars were damaged in the chase... With damage so bad to the cruiser that it was smoking... And he still continued driving to his house...
    All it says was both vehicles were damaged. Damage to the Volvo could have been old and the police vehicle could have just been damaged due to poor driving or hitting a curb or something, I mean it's extremely unlikely though. But eyewitness reports aren't always true or represtented clearly either. I'd assume if the officer damaged his car he would have tried to use the PIT maneuver but it wasn't mentioned in any of the articles.

Lets be 100% honest here, hearing is extremely important during driving.

Try playing music at extremely loud volume enough to block any sound coming from the outside of your car.

It will be extremely disorienting and information lacking, especially if you use a manual gear shift so you rely on car engine sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Color blindness isn't allowed to an extent and many states make it illegal to drive with headphones on so I don't see why deaf people should be allowed to drive.

That aside, this won't make mainstream news because what I imagine was a black cop shot a white person and it doesn't further the BLM lie agenda.(CNN and the like meanwhile the Milwaukee incident was covered to death).
    Race has nothing to do with this incident.....and just because this won't make mainstream news, doesn't mean that is the reason why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

Try playing music at extremely loud volume enough to block any sound coming from the outside of your car.

It will be extremely disorienting and information lacking, especially if you use a manual gear shift so you rely on car engine sounds.
    Yes, but that is moreso the case for people who normally aren't deaf and used to being able to hear.
    Also do you want to ban all deaf people from going outside where there might be traffic?
    Professionals have looked into this before and deaf people are generally allowed to drive in many countries, because they are deemed capable enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    All it says was both vehicles were damaged. Damage to the Volvo could have been old and the police vehicle could have just been damaged due to poor driving or hitting a curb or something, I mean it's extremely unlikely though. But eyewitness reports aren't always true or represtented clearly either. I'd assume if the officer damaged his car he would have tried to use the PIT maneuver but it wasn't mentioned in any of the articles.
    from the article:
    Detectives say Trooper Saunders and Harris got into "an encounter" before he fired his weapon. Neighbors say Harris' car spun out of control and was shot almost immediately after exiting the vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the investigators who said "both cars were damaged in the chase" are just stone cold liars?

That's some keen lie detection sense you have there...

You know. There is an irony in this post after all the shit about cellphone videos and eyewitnesses being called neccesary because people always mistreated cops. Now, an eyewitness is not credible.

Amazing.

Idk my dad always blasts music loud, and is a good driver.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You know. There is an irony in this post after all the shit about cellphone videos and eyewitnesses being called neccesary because people always mistreated cops. Now, an eyewitness is not credible.

Amazing.
    http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/...ientists-weigh

https://agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issu...er&tversky.htm

There is no hand gesture or choice of words that will get you shot by a police officer in a civilized european country.
    I'm curious as to which "civilized" European nation you come from, sir.

Please, please say Sweden. That would be such great, delicious, irony.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So the investigators who said "both cars were damaged in the chase" are just stone cold liars?

That's some keen lie detection sense you have there...
    Both cars were damaged in the chase can mean a lot of things. Perhaps I am missing something but a cop car slamming into the back of another car seconds before the chase came to an end is still 'damaged in the chase'.

Fuck, I'm not even blaming anybody. All I said was how the cop car could have been damaged, and it's quite obvious they aren't letting out many details.

Then I guess we have to dismiss both of those as evidence in all cases. How many videos have been selectively edited or started recording late/stopped early?

- - - Updated - - -

Both cars were damaged in the chase can mean a lot of things. Perhaps I am missing something but a cop car slamming into the back of another car seconds before the chase came to an end is still 'damaged in the chase'.

Fuck, I'm not even blaming anybody. All I said was how the cop car could have been damaged, and it's quite obvious they aren't letting out many details.
    Nah, man. I feel you completely. I've managed to not look in a single mirror or out a window for 8 miles straight. And I'm sure that damage is unrelated. Who knows? Maybe he did it to make the perp look more guilty and shootable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    I'm curious as to which "civilized" European nation you come from, sir.

Please, please say Sweden. That would be such great, delicious, irony.
    Idk why you guys are offended, there is truth to what he said.