Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Lol @ OP... mad because having to actually go earn stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Getting rid if rewards for botting and afking discourages botting and afking.
    It also discourages playing.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    THIS! 1 for completion, 5 or 10 for a win.
    In translation: "I don't want to have to do shit to get the stuff I want, on a plate or gtfo". Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOC StarCo View Post
    Would be an awesome chance, if there wasn't one simple detail involved:

People are assholes.

The amount of AFKs/bots would skyrocket so hard.
    That would be my concern as well. It's already hard enough to get people to not want to lose on purpose to shorten games.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerWildstar View Post
    No, it discourages entitled whiners from going into BGs wanting something for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if you didn't know, Legion ruined a lot of the things in game, one of many were the pvp-revamp, which removed honor and conquest points.

Now, having reached lvl 100 on a couple of alts by afking/tagging invasions, I wanna transmog them up, using some old expansion pvp gear. and I need about 35 honor tokens each...

Now the only way to get these are by winning bgs. This means I need to win 70 BGs... Seriously? BGs are so fucking boring, they're literally a cancer, being forced to do this shit is beyond fucking awful.
    No one is forcing you to do anything. Seriously you sound like a baby.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

The honor tokens are only in the game so there is still a way to buy old stuff that isn't just gold. You know, so you actually have to pvp to get pvp rewards.
    You can just make twinks and farm them if you want as well. Nothing this serious.

But its obvious you aren't actually interested in discussing the issue properly and are just here to complain so best of luck!
    Gonna be a long expansion for you.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Blizz even said they considered just selling it for gold, but that it would trivialise it. BS. The time vs. reward is a fucking laugh if you are there JUST for transmogs, and I think once legion starts they will be forced to adjust it as it is WAY too time consuming for cosmetics. I did one BG for boots, got my token, and wont touch it until nerfed. If they never do, fuck em.

If having to work to get something discourages playing then wow would have folded in 2004.

I agree with the Gold part. But you really think people would rather lose fast to get 1 token than win to get 5?
    Honestly, yes. There were plenty of people who lost Bgs purposely or just spammed chat saying *lose already...* because they still got honor either way. If they spammed 5 BGs and lost really fast on purpose you could get 5 marks through doing that before someone actually won a BG. Im not saying its highly likely, Im just saying that there are people who would ruin the experience for others. Its already happened with honor being earnable through winning and losing.

That right there would discourage playing. Ive seen a lot of people who wanted to lose on purpose just to get quick honor. It would be the same but a lot worse with marks of honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    Blizz even said they considered just selling it for gold, but that it would trivialise it. BS. The time vs. reward is a fucking laugh if you are there JUST for transmogs, and I think once legion starts they will be forced to adjust it as it is WAY too time consuming for cosmetics. I did one BG for boots, got my token, and wont touch it until nerfed. If they never do, fuck em.
    Yes, while they are at it, they should just sell Netherdrakes for 100g each no rep required, and give everyone invincible for logging in. Cause aw gawd, it's so time consuming to run ICC once a week. Whine Whine, complain.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

No, it discourages entitled whiners from going into BGs wanting something for nothing.
    This is implying that a great effort on the part of one individual is going to ensure a win, and that a loss is the result of not trying. Unless you're willing to create a premade, the outcome of a random BG is essentially in the hands of RNG in the team that it deals you.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You know, even if you don't care much for transmogs, a lot of people do. Some for show, others for pure collection.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    The honor tokens are only in the game so there is still a way to buy old stuff that isn't just gold. You know, so you actually have to pvp to get pvp rewards.
    You can just make twinks and farm them if you want as well. Nothing this serious.

But its obvious you aren't actually interested in discussing the issue properly and are just here to complain so best of luck!
    Gonna be a long expansion for you.
    I get what you are saying but the blue post expressly talked about implementing the marks of honor on OLD gear as a transmog price. They could issue and alternate transmog currency instead of marks of honor if they wanted to, and were dead set against selling it for gold. So I get it, PVP is for PVPers. THey are just trying to implement a "behavior forcing policy" to pad PVP participation. It could have been done in other ways. I am 100% sure they will have to nerf it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get what you are saying but the blue post expressly talked about implementing the marks of honor on OLD gear as a transmog price. They could issue and alternate transmog currency instead of marks of honor if they wanted to, and were dead set against selling it for gold. So I get it, PVP is for PVPers. THey are just trying to implement a "behavior forcing policy" to pad PVP participation. It could have been done in other ways. I am 100% sure they will have to nerf it.
    Question, uhhh, how did you get transmog pvp gear before? Was... Was it running BGs?

Deleted

Now the only way to get these are by winning bgs. This means I need to win 70 BGs... Seriously? BGs are so fucking boring, they're literally a cancer, being forced to do this shit is beyond fucking awful.
    As opposed to getting shit for free? I'd rather have to work for something if I want it that bad, that's kinda what makes things rewarding..

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    This is implying that a great effort on the part of one individual is going to ensure a win, and that a loss is the result of not trying. Unless you're willing to create a premade, the outcome of a random BG is essentially in the hands of RNG in the team that it deals you.
    I did not imply anything other than the fact that afks and bots do nothing to help win bgs. So yeah, everyone actually trying to win increases your chances of winning.

I did not imply anything other than the fact that afks and bots do nothing to help win bgs. So yeah, everyone actually trying to win increases your chances of winning.
    The AFKers and botters are more likely to be going after actual progressive rewards in Legion, and not the Marks of Honor for transmogs. Still, I could have picked a better person to quote, as I was really referring to the attitude of not getting stuff for free that wasn't specific to your post.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Question, uhhh, how did you get transmog pvp gear before? Was... Was it running BGs?
    Yes, BUT...even if I lost I got points still right? (I am litterally asking, as I a filthy casual who was just in the BG's long enough to farm what I needed for transmogs). If you lose a BG now, you get shit....ZERO. Which in many players opinions is too harsh of a mechanic to lure in casuals to participate in PVP for the reward of transmogs.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, BUT...even if I lost I got points still right? (I am litterally asking, as I a filthy casual who was just in the BG's long enough to farm what I needed for transmogs). If you lose a BG now, you get shit....ZERO. Which in many players opinions is too harsh of a mechanic to lure in casuals to participate in PVP for the reward of transmogs.
    Well the problem with offering these for free (losing) when the items cost what, between 1 and 5, it would be open season for bots. At least this way bots stand a much smaller chance at successfully farming these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    so you want even more people going /afk in BG's??
    You literally can't, if your game sees you as inactive, even if you are moving it kicks you out.