Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So where is your itemized list of content cut? Before discussing if someone should be taken seriously or not perhaps you should actually make serious comments?
    I just saw this argument, not sure why I even read this thread since I don't play the game but I'm bored and the drama has been especially spicy.

http://www.onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/

Will this do for your purposes

Some people report a few things on this list did make it in the game but are barely noticeable or especially rare, though that doesn't make them outright lies. The vast majority still seem to be missing though. Too bad, too, I was pretty interested in the game but it does seem to be in "wait for it to be 75% off in a steam sale" territory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Don't you find it odd that people would declare, after three days, that X number of features wasn't in a game that's MASSIVE and about exploration?
    About as strange as two people meeting each other in-game (well, being in the exact same place) on launch day despite it being sooooo improbable that it would ever happen given the size of the universe : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    About as strange as two people meeting each other in-game (well, being in the exact same place) on launch day despite it being sooooo improbable that it would ever happen given the size of the universe : P
    You win the Internets today edge

By the way more then those two people have done it now
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, two people "met" on day 1. :P

Still way more silly to declare a bunch of things not in the game on day 2 then be proven wrong about half of them as people explore.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Yeah, two people "met" on day 1. :P

Still way more silly to declare a bunch of things not in the game on day 2 then be proven wrong about half of them as people explore.
    You do realize A LOT of the things people have said isn't in the game can be proven with in the first hours of playing it right? For example: The factions system and how they showed space combat.

Also you do realize there is people who have went to the center of the galaxy over 10 times. Its a reset button nothing more even tho they said you can explore the center of it.

Also
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-under-sticker

UPDATE 5.10pm: Sony has told Eurogamer that the online play and increased age rating featured on limited edition No Man's Sky packaging is a "production issue".

The original icons - now hidden under a sticker - were incorrect, the publisher continued. Here is Sony's statement in full:

"Incorrect descriptors were incorporated into the original No Man's Sky limited edition packaging," a company spokesperson said. "This was a production issue and was rectified using placement stickers."

ORIGINAL STORY 10.10am: The European limited edition of No Man's Sky features an icon on its box advertising online play - which has now been covered up by stickers.

On the surface, the stickers say PEGI 7 with a warning for mild violence.

Peel the sticker back and the box beneath reads PEGI 12, with the mild violence warning, and the icon showing online play is available.

Confusion over the inclusion - or not - of proper online play has dominated fan discussion since No Man's Sky released. This latest news does not help

Images quickly appeared popped up online of No Man's Sky owners peeling back the stickers and being surprised at what's underneath.

PCGamesN has confirmed with retailers that the stickers are on European limited edition boxes in the UK and abroad.

As far as anyone knows, No Man's Sky features no multiplayer although you can register discoveries to a central server. These are then visible to other players.

Before launch, No Man's Sky creator Sean Murray said the whole multiplayer issue was moot since it was infinitely unlikely two players would ever meet in the game's universe.

However, this happened on the game's first day.

The two players could not see each other, although Murray later wrote on Twitter that there may be more to player interaction than we can currently see, due to servers being too busy.

One reading of this would be that, whatever players meeting actually does, it simply isn't working yet due to the number of player discoveries currently hogging server traffic.

Regardless, the limited edition boxes do nothing to quell the fury of some fans convinced No Man's Sky has launched without a key component they were expecting.

So, why do the boxes have a sticker? Was it simply a mistake, or is something else going on?

It's likely that limited edition boxes' were printed earlier than the regular edition due to their extra packaging.

And while some fans have taken the change as evidence for cut content, the PEGI 12/online play icons may just be the ratings which Hello Games expected the game to get, before PEGI informed the developer of its final decision.

We've asked Sony what's going on.
    Kinda conflicts with what Sean said now doesn't it...
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-23 at 10:53 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I just saw this argument, not sure why I even read this thread since I don't play the game but I'm bored and the drama has been especially spicy.http://www.onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/Will this do for your purposes
    The person I quoted claimed that there is at least $30 of cut content from the game. I didn't ask him for a list of missing content but a list of itemized content. That means I want a list of the price of each missing content. The problem is a lot of the people that are hating the game are using hyperbole and other such ridiculous things in their statements and can't back it up. Then when question they attack you for being a fan boy or not serious.

Some of the stuff on that list is in-game but since it isn't in the form that people imagined or wanted its considered a lie. Others it is clear were cut due to performance issues. Like the Large fleets. Given the performance issues its had so far its pretty clear those were likely cut for that reason. Some don't seem like they would be that compelling of game play or would require a bunch of supporting systems to make it compelling. Like destroying a station. So what then? Others just don't seem to have an simple reason for why it was cut.

Its a complicated thing but that is what happens in game design and when you talk about a game pre-launch and even when in early stages. Some devs can manage it by only setting expectations for what has a reasonable chance. Blizzard does a decent job of this but even they sometimes have to cut things. Hello Games certainly didn't do a good job about it but it happens. They are a small and relatively new studio
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

When Murray was asked "Can you play with your friends?" and he said "Yes", and when he was asked "Can you grief other players?" and he said "A little bit", I find it difficult to believe that he would knowingly tell such blatant porkies, because obviously people were going to find out. But then he tweeted "To be super clear - No Man's Sky is not a multiplayer game. Please don't go in looking for that experience" which contradicts his earlier statements. So was it originally his intention for there to be some form of co-op/multiplayer and Sony told him to can it in order to get the game on the shelves? Or was he knowingly misrepresenting the game in order to increase preorders and sales?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The person I quoted claimed that there is at least $30 of cut content from the game. I didn't ask him for a list of missing content but a list of itemized content. That means I want a list of the price of each missing content. The problem is a lot of the people that are hating the game are using hyperbole and other such ridiculous things in their statements and can't back it up. Then when question they attack you for being a fan boy or not serious.

Some of the stuff on that list is in-game but since it isn't in the form that people imagined or wanted its considered a lie. Others it is clear were cut due to performance issues. Like the Large fleets. Given the performance issues its had so far its pretty clear those were likely cut for that reason. Some don't seem like they would be that compelling of game play or would require a bunch of supporting systems to make it compelling. Like destroying a station. So what then? Others just don't seem to have an simple reason for why it was cut.

Its a complicated thing but that is what happens in game design and when you talk about a game pre-launch and even when in early stages. Some devs can manage it by only setting expectations for what has a reasonable chance. Blizzard does a decent job of this but even they sometimes have to cut things. Hello Games certainly didn't do a good job about it but it happens. They are a small and relatively new studio
    Yeah, seems like people can't use their own words, they're just linking things other people have said, a lot of which has been proven to be incorrect through exploration.

Not to say there isn't a large list of stuff that is missing, but a lot of the stuff people thought was missing is there... and people only thought it was missing because they couldn't find it within the first couple of hours of play. Who knew.

One thing people seem to have also missed from these interviews that the devs said (that is not being parroted by the "this game sux" crowd) was the devs often saying it was a game of exploration, and a lot of this stuff would take time to find. I guess when people heard that thought it would take 5 hours and not 50.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    .....Then clearly have not watched AJ's video,read the reddit post or watch anything else related to the cut content.

Fact: Game is missing 90% of the shit they said would be in it just a couple months before its release. This isn't like how blizzard said (A YEAR) before WOD came out that X,Y,Z isn't there.

I've been following this on Reddit since Day 1. Fact is, a ton of the things people claimed aren't in the game are in the game. I've seen them, personally.

Is the faction system pretty barren? Sure. But it exists. Can't claim it doesn't, realistically.
    There are ship classes and so forth.
    Most of the lifeform diversity and behaviour that was talked about is absolutely present.

There were a few things that definitely do look to have been cut, but it is nowhere close to "90% of the game", like you're claiming. Not even remotely.

Even the multiplayer stuff; the actual wording is so vague that Murray could've just meant you can visit the same systems, and your friends can do stuff like name planets "Endus is a dumbface" or whatever, as "griefing". He was pretty darned clear, with his tweets, that multiplayer was NOT the main focus or a significant part of this game.

And hell; I've already run across someone else's systems a few times.

Murray really did say in certain IGN interview that NMS was not designed to be multiplayer game and that, if you want multiplayer there are other games that offer it to you.

This was somewhere withing months before release. Very recent stuff.

This NMS hate is starting to feel like religion. You may say same about defenders, but I'd rather not include myself as some sort of fanboy. I jsut got interested about this game about a year ago and since then watched lot of videos until the release. I knew what I'd be getting and so far I have not been disapointed. Lot of the rage I dont understand. I see lot of the stuff people say is missing. Therefore I believe the complainers havent even really played the game.

Lot of the stuff complainers QQ about is very minor stuff anyway... which is yet another point that makes me think complainers are trolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've been following this on Reddit since Day 1. Fact is, a ton of the things people claimed aren't in the game are in the game. I've seen them, personally.

Is the faction system pretty barren? Sure. But it exists. Can't claim it doesn't, realistically.
    Most of the lifeform diversity and behaviour that was talked about is absolutely present.

There were a few things that definitely do look to have been cut, but it is nowhere close to "90% of the game", like you're claiming. Not even remotely.

Even the multiplayer stuff; the actual wording is so vague that Murray could've just meant you can visit the same systems, and your friends can do stuff like name planets "Endus is a dumbface" or whatever, as "griefing". He was pretty darned clear, with his tweets, that multiplayer was NOT the main focus or a significant part of this game.

i enjoy the game for what it is, but saying there is a faction system is exagerating a bit, it doesnt fuck all except give an extra dialog option occasionally, some times your standing increases / decreases with no notable effects, and its so incredibly easy to get to max standing with the 3 factions, and those 3 factions have no interactions with each other and theres no reward except an extra dialog option, it is technically a faction system, but barely, and not what they obviously intended.

and ship classes, again barely and obviously not what they intended (based on older videos and interviews), so theres 3 classes, and the only difference is how much health they have, which again, does technically make them different classes, but barely, they spoke about having fighting, exploration, mining etc ships that excel at different things, that clearly didn't make it, so it was gutted to what we have now.

As for the lifeform diversity, thats definetely there, but due to the randomness, you can go 30 planets in a row seeing really boring / similar lifeforms, which some people like to report as there not being diversity. I think the lifeforms are diverse, though they could do with more colours, all anials seem to be that grey/brown colour, and maybe some with fur / scales. as for variety, earlier i landed on a planet with what looked like giant bouncing pineapples, i hadn't seen them before, were pretty cool.

anyway, i enjoy the game for what it is, and claiming 90% has been cut is hyperbole, but a lot of planned features were either toned down heavily / borderline cut from the game, or cut entirely.

With this whole multiplayer thing, i dont understand how they fucked that up so much, why didn't they just outright say, "no, there is no multiplayer aside from you might discover someone elses discoveries" he did outright say in one interview that you would be able to see each other in game, its so weird that he would say that if he knew from the start there would be no multiplayer. They should have been honest, and either told us
    A- from the start that there will be no multiplayer
    B- They want multiplayer, but it may not be in game at release
    C- They cut it

the fact they were so vague about it is just baffling, for many people multiplayer is a big deal in a game, they were only ever going to get outrage by being vague and lying about it. Im pretty sure he had flip flopped on it at various interviews, some saying there was, others asying that this is not a multiplayer game, but they absolutely should have communicated better about multiplayer.

rant over, ill continue to enjoy the game in small doses, and hope the game improves with DLC / Patches / Mods. I dont think i was as dissapointed as some as i didn't follow the development of this game at all, i had no idea what it was besided a space / planet exploration game, all of the features i have heard about being cut, i have heard about after the game released, so i didn't know what to expect when it released, so i was pretty happy with what i got, though i do think the price should be slightly lower.

I do wish my pc could run this game, runs like complete shit on my pc!
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-08-24 at 01:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

There was actually a few people on the Reddit who noticed how vague they were being about multiplayer questions, and were like "I'll place a bet on there being no multiplayer, I will eat dogshit if there is multiplayer. They're being too vague about multiplayer for it to actually be in the game." They turned out to be right of course.

I can see how people would believe there would be cooperative play however, pretty easily. But this is what I've been saying all along. I've been told I have something akin to stockholme syndrome because I'm "defending" the developer when what I'm doing is debunking many of the ridiculous claims being made from people who either haven't played the game or barely played the game.

It seems to me that the true people who are being held captive, who want to be held captive, are those who continuously try and make others think this game is bad. Why don't they just move on if they don't like the game? Why must they come in here and continue to be held captive trying to make others agree with their point of view? Seems like a mental prison to me, to be so obsessed with hating a game you're not even playing and trying to make others hate it just as much as you.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-08-24 at 01:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    and ship classes, again barely and obviously not what they intended (based on older videos and interviews), so theres 3 classes, and the only difference is how much health they have, which again, does technically make them different classes, but barely, they spoke about having fighting, exploration, mining etc ships that excel at different things, that clearly didn't make it, so it was gutted to what we have now.
    There are greater differences than just that; there's differences in handling and so forth as well. It's just not blatantly apparent since there's no in-game stat sheet that shows you the numbers.

It may be less than people EXPECTED, but that's people making assumptions.

There was actually a few people on the Reddit who noticed how vague they were being about multiplayer questions, and were like "I'll place a bet on there being no multiplayer, I will eat dogshit if there is multiplayer. They're being too vague about multiplayer for it to actually be in the game." They turned out to be right of course.

I can see how people would believe there would be cooperative play however, pretty easily. But this is what I've been saying all along. I've been told I have something akin to stockholme syndrome because I'm "defending" the developer when what I'm doing is debunking many of the ridiculous claims being made from people who either haven't played the game or barely played the game.

It seems to me that the true people who are being held captive, who want to be held captive, are those who continuously try and make others think this game is bad. Why don't they just move on if they don't like the game? Why must they come in here and continue to be held captive trying to make others agree with their point of view? Seems like a mental prison to me, to be so obsessed with hating a game you're not even playing and trying to make others hate it just as much as you.
    I mean, very early on in the dev cycle, I basically took a "I'll believe it when I see it" stance. I pre-ordered at like 6 hours prior to launch, because I'd decided to buy at that point. I don't feel cheated, but I was also taking every press release with two grains of salt, at every point; maybe that's why I'm not aghast at the product I received.

I'm the same way with Star Citizen. They're promising SO much, I'll believe it when I see it. Doesn't mean I think it's guaranteed to suck, or that they'll fail, but I never go in assuming everything will be superawesome based on dev statements.

But then, I'm old enough/was young enough that the Daikatana mess stuck with me really hard. When you compare No Man's Sky to the fallthrough of Daikatana, it isn't even comparable. Another that I'll always class as terrible was Fable, which promised SO much more than it delivered. I find NMS to be less of a letdown because the core of it, the procedural planets/exploration, really is there.

Jesus Endus, respect declining so fast right now. Objectivity, ON!

Maybe you're just Jaded.

P.S. guys, you didn't quote the person that said €30 of content was cut, so yeah, you got what you asked and decided to ignore it. I also think that there's not an issue with cutting features, there's an issue when you're still selling the game saying that those features are in, while they're not. That's the big elephant in the room here.

And the utterly weak defence about Sean muttering between his breath that multiplayer is in, maybe, definitely, rarely, and 'that it's primarily not a multiplayer game' is not saying that there's no multiplayer, though I personally never expected there to be any multiplayer.

That too, is just terrible argumentation, lining up 'an expectation' for anyone that disagrees with you and then stating we shouldn't have expected and 'then miraculously everything would be ok'. Newsflash, some of us didn't buy into the hype, nor into the game and are objectively watching from the sideline and we see lies, lies, lies. It's you who are caught up in the web, that can no longer distinguish being rewarded from being scammed and it's a sorry state.

Though I do feel that the global justified outrage makes very clear that you (defenders in general)are in the minority and frankly not even worth debating this with.

Or we could just grab the Steam score.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how people who don't play the game tell people who do play the game to go see a video of some guy who doesn't play the game as much to see what's in or isn't in the game. Like what the fuck lol?

Improbable things happen all the time. Nothing strange about it. Improbable does't mean impossible and it doesn't mean it cannot happen sooner than later. Actually the probability of it happening sooner is the same as for the later. Maths.

Also nothing strange about average people declaring there's stuff missing in an exploration game. They are average. They have no clue how to play exploration games. They probably bought it for its advertised "it's not a multiplayer game" mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    P.S. guys, you didn't quote the person that said €30 of content was cut
    Ain't no point in quoting nonsense.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Example: A year before WOD came out blizzard said X,Y,Z wasn't in the game or going to be. 60 days before NMS came out they said X,Y,Z WAS IN THE GAME.
    Even AFTER WoD was released they still told us that we would be able to fly in Draenor.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

"can you play with your friends?"

"yes"

-> releases offline single player only game

"what the fuck man?!"

"what? You can mee your friends IRL and play some cardboard game. I said you can play with your friends, I never said it would be inside the game"

That's basically what he's trying to pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I just saw this argument, not sure why I even read this thread since I don't play the game but I'm bored and the drama has been especially spicy.

http://www.onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/

Will this do for your purposes

Some people report a few things on this list did make it in the game but are barely noticeable or especially rare, though that doesn't make them outright lies. The vast majority still seem to be missing though. Too bad, too, I was pretty interested in the game but it does seem to be in "wait for it to be 75% off in a steam sale" territory.
    But that was how they were lying about multiplayer. They didn´t develop it, they didn´t implement it. They don´t even track players location to other players.. there is no way they developed anything multiplayer. Yet up until the last month, they were talking about multiplayer, pvp, full looting etc. Even on Colbert the dev said that other players are the only ones who could see what you look like. But they always threw in the fact ´but it will be so rare that you will probably never meet another player´.

It is no different than that game about 6 months ago that promised 9 levels, but they only created 1 level and made it impossible to get past it. Players had to hack the game to see that the devs only had 1 level in it NMS clearly never was developed to be multiplayer, they only hope for the fact that a huge universe would prevent players from actually finding out. And it took players checking the data stream to realize there was nothing even close to multiplayer going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Ain't no point in quoting nonsense.
    Subjective, but I'll allow it. You might want to read why I referred to it though.

I mean, read the thread from the point where you left it before you responded to me, so that you can follow the entire thing and not just jump in, post some nonsense because butthurt and leave again.

Also; I guess you were educated in Math-

Paraphrase of HHGTTG

Who is at the door?
    1000 monkeys wanting you to read their copy of Hamlet.

But the problem with multiplayer wasn´t even about two players being able to be at the exact same spot on launch day, it is about the fact that the information about the location of other players is not even transmitted to game clients. Your client would never know who is close to you, let alone perform any action on that other player.