Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Then I guess we have to dismiss both of those as evidence in all cases. How many videos have been selectively edited or started recording late/stopped early?
    Its pretty easy to tell when video has been selectively edited to sway one side by starting or stopping early, it's just a matter of being objective, collecting many reports and coming to your own conclusion which isn't possible right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Then I guess we have to dismiss both of those as evidence in all cases. How many videos have been selectively edited or started recording late/stopped early?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, man. I feel you completely. I've managed to not look in a single mirror or out a window for 8 miles straight. And I'm sure that damage is unrelated. Who knows? Maybe he did it to make the perp look more guilty and shootable.
    I'm having a little trouble finding the statute that says that if a police car is damaged in any way, the police can carry out an execution. Can you point me to that?

Also, many reports say they bumped his car, which explains the damage.

I have heard that people with partly damaged hearing can drive, but i never heard of completely 100% deaf people being allowed to drive.
    Varies from country to country.

And yes, in the vast majority of EU countries the police will NOT shoot on sight/hand twitch/loud farting.
    Not only because 99% of civilians have no weapons, but also because many cops do not have lethal guns.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    No, it's North Carolina
    It's below washington DC on the east coast, idiocy is a standard in the entire region.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I'm having a little trouble finding the statute that says that if a police car is damaged in any way, the police can carry out an execution. Can you point me to that?

Also, many reports say they bumped his car, which explains the damage.
    It's next to the one where you are given full clearance to shoot any and all black people.

And if those are eyewitness reports, they don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Americans might find this hard to believe but in many parts of europe the police officers do not shoot traffic violators on sight.

There is no hand gesture or choice of words that will get you shot by a police officer in a civilized european country.

The media make it appear as if you can get shot by a USA cop for absolutely no reason what so ever.

Either the cops are paranoid because every child can steal a gun from their parents, or they just love shooting civilians for no reason.
    I love the ignorance that leads non-Americans to say the following two statements back to back:

1) "The media make it appear..."

2) Either the cops are paranoid because every child can steal a gun from their parents, or they just love shooting civilians for no reason.

You are more brainwashed by our media than we are.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I love the ignorance that leads non-Americans to say the following two statements back to back:

1) "The media make it appear..."

2) Either the cops are paranoid because every child can steal a gun from their parents, or they just love shooting civilians for no reason.

You are more brainwashed by our media than we are.
    The police in America are not properly trained to de-escalate situations, primarily because of a police culture that is far too heavily militarized. Cops are trained as though they are going into a warzone.

The police in America are not properly trained to de-escalate situations, primarily because of a police culture that is far too heavily militarized. Cops are trained as though they are going into a warzone.
    Because ultra-urban and ultra-rural Americans are psychos. Gotta have militarized police, get guns under control and police won't need so many guns. Blame legislature, not the guys and gals who put their lives on the line to protect what little civilization we have.

EDIT: You are also incorrect, by and large, police are trained to de-escalate. My unit's SOP included a NINE-level order of events that were required before shooting to kill. Go figure that in one of the LARGEST countries in the world, the media will find SOME instances of idiot police officers disobeying this training. That's like blaming France for the actions of Saudi Arabia.

Source: 6 years of enforcement background.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2016-08-23 at 10:41 PM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

- - - Updated - - -

Yet the German police can somehow do their jobs while firing under 100 bullets in a year.
    With less than 1/4 of the population of the US. And from what I understand the Germans have the some of the strictest gun laws in the world. So their population isn't carrying at near the rate the US is. But let's go ahead and pretend we are comparing apples to apples and not apples to a water buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    With less than 1/4 of the population of the US. And from what I understand the Germans have the some of the strictest gun laws in the world. So their population isn't carrying at near the rate the US is. But let's go ahead and pretend we are comparing apples to apples and not apples to a water buffalo
    Thank you Sir or Madam.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?
    It doesn't fit the media, BLM and mmo OT crowds narrative of white cops hunting down and killing "innocent" black people. Surprised it's lasted this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Yeah, poor cop has to deal with taking an innocent life. How unfortunate for him.

Imo the cop should be able to sue the suspect's estate for the therapy he'll have to endure because the guy didn't want to follow the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Because ultra-urban and ultra-rural Americans are psychos. Gotta have militarized police, get guns under control and police won't need so many guns. Blame legislature, not the guys and gals who put their lives on the line to protect what little civilization we have.

EDIT: You are also incorrect, by and large, police are trained to de-escalate. My unit's SOP included a NINE-level order of events that were required before shooting to kill. Go figure that in one of the LARGEST countries in the world, the media will find SOME instances of idiot police officers disobeying this training.

Source: 6 years of enforcement background.
    Some forces do train to de-escalate. The claim that it is the norm is just factually inaccurate. Furthermore, telling officers they should do X Y Z and before shooting is not de-escalation training.

It is not protecting civilization to shoot first and ask questions later. That is protecting yourself. Police deaths have been plummeting year after year, but police killings have been skyrocketing year after year.

The ratio of police killings to killings by police is around 1:10 in the US, but it is around 1:1 in the UK, and that is being generous because a lot of police deaths are car accidents. That figure should control for all the shit you are referring to, and demonstrates a HUGE problem. If we had a similar ratio of police killings to killings by police, you would be absolutely right, and it would prove your point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Does Germany have 1/4th the police killings the US does? Nope. It has almost none, and the US has 1000+ annually. Do you think almost zero is 1/4th of 1000?

Does Germany have 1/4th the police killings the US does? Nope. It has almost none, and the US has 1000+ annually. Do you think almost zero is 1/4th of 1000?
    how often do german police get shot at as compared to american police?

@Rhaide

USA civilians are allowed to arm themselves as if they live under daily death threats in the middle east.
    USA police force is both heavily armed and extremely "nervous" due to the possibility that a suspect might have a gun.

If civilians had no way to buy weapons (or ammo) of any kind, the police would be less nervous.
    If the street police did not have the risk of nearly every suspect potentially having a gun, they would not have to constantly carry lethal weaponry.

USA corporations make a TON of money from weapon sales, both to its citizens as well as abroad.
    Just because of the sheer corporative greed (and corrupt politicians) a notable part of the USA is still living like it was wild west with dirty harry...

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    how often do german police get shot at as compared to american police?
    Great point! Let's exclude everyone the police shoot that is armed from the calculations! That's only fair!

Oh shit, the police still shot around 500 people without guns...

Great point! Let's exclude everyone the police shoot that is armed from the calculations! That's only fair!

Oh shit, the police still shot around 500 unarmed people...
    citation? and the fact that we have so many guns in the us means cops have to assume that bulge in your belt or that thing your reaching for may be a gun because it likely is. blame the overabundance of hand guns not police reacting to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    ...like shooting an unarmed man?

Even if you want to criticize the guy for getting out of his car or not checking his mirrors soon enough, none of those are capital offenses. You don't get to use lethal force by default unless the victim gives you reason not to; you use lethal force as a last resort where your life or the life of others is in imminent danger. It's going to take a hell of a story to convince me an unarmed deaf man posed that kind of threat.
    Remove "deaf" from the story, take into consideration how the guy looked to Police from that viewpoint and I think you will suddenly witness a miracle of understanding. Not the cops fault and not the guys fault. Just a failure of the system to recognize deaf drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    citation? and the fact that we have so many guns in the us means cops have to assume that bulge in your belt or that thing your reaching for may be a gun because it likely is. blame the overabundance of hand guns not police reacting to it.
    I'm not even going to bother entertaining the insane, fascist notion that a cop gets to shoot you because you thinks you have a gun he hasn't seen. That's some next level minority report insane shit right there.

I'm not even going to bother entertaining the insane, fascist notion that a cop gets to shoot you because you thinks you have a gun he hasn't seen. That's some next level minority report insane shit right there.
    cops are human, we live in a country where there are more guns then people its not unreasonable for them to assume that guy yelling at them and reaching behind his back is garbing a gun because the sad fact is we live in a nation where its likely he is. aslo waiting for your citation for 500 unarmed people killed a year.