Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    This is, again, not considering the possibility of what the potence of that child has - And even so, i'm willing to bet that the Probability of the kid being meaningful to society, is so small, that it is neglectable, compared to the value of keeping the Gorillas alive to begin with - on the observable matter of how much resources is being spent on accomplishing this.
    Sure, I didn't want to hazard how long the odds were; just acknowledging their existence. And you're right from a preservation perspective the gorilla is rarer and therefore more worthy of survival.

But in answer to your question as to why the childs life is worth more : Because it has that potential (however slim) of being far more productive than any non-human will. (And again; that's no surety, but we play on the odds).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    They took you Harambe and you don't belong to them, they left me in a world of darkness without your sexys hands and I miss you Harambe so baaaaaaaad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    can memer culture please die, along with those that participate in it

thanks
    Hate to break it to you, but saying something like this marks you as part of the "memer culture." Memes are much older than whatever "culture" you think they are a part of. Heck, going by official definition, memes are a pre-internet thing, even. You just didn't know them as memes. But, hell, I wonder if you have any concept of the pre-internet world.

I can't believe people would ever say that the child is worthless to society and should have died. I don't get it morally, ethically, or in any sense. Yes, be sad that the Gorilla died, and if there was any other way to save the child without killing Harambe, I'm sure they would have tried.

It's people who think he deserved to die for being a toddler, what makes you any different than the terrorist who killed people at the Pulse nightclub. "Statistically" speaking, 50 people is nothing compared to how many billion are on the planet. That's sick and wrong. Sick. And. Wrong.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but saying something like this marks you as part of the "memer culture." Memes are much older than whatever "culture" you think they are a part of. Heck, going by official definition, memes are a pre-internet thing, even. You just didn't know them as memes. But, hell, I wonder if you have any concept of the pre-internet world.
    I've not read the book myself, but I understand the word was coined by Richard Dawkins, right? If I'm wrong then I had fun talking out of my arse to a coworker
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Zoo did what they had to and I think it was the right choice. Doesn't stop me from laughing at the Harambe memes.

Deleted
    But then what will happen with the guild named <Dix Out For Harambe>? Ever think of that? It could affect a dozen alts or even more! Think of the children!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Toddlers are inheretly stupid, tho, that's the whole point of their mental capacity ; It's generally low.

And his question remains, what makes a Child more valued than a Creature that is about to go extinct?

Mathematically speaking, Gorillas should be valued more, for the purpose of keeping them alive, no?
    Not more than someones kid.

I came here hoping for a storm of offensively hilarious memes. I am disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    can memer culture please die, along with those that participate in it

thanks
    Can SJW culture go first?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Following orders, not getting involved with the locals and staying on mission, isn't supporting it.
    They invaded the country, that is getting involved with the locals.

Your hypocrisy is germane to the thread. I think you are more into killing stuff than protecting children.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Last I saw "Dicks out for Harambe" had started turning into "Tits out for Harambe".

Honestly I had no clue what it was until I logged into wow for the first time in a few months the other day and saw chat flooded with talk about "Harambe" while doing invasions.
    I remenber at the start of WOD you couldn't log into trade chat without seeing at least one "#ICANtBREATHE".

Was fucking hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zoo family is still healing? STFU already. Get busy fixing whatever hole that child crawled through that you idiots were to cheap to fix. It should be impossible for anyone to get to any animal in the Zoo. Cheap bastards. Only family you give a shit about is your financial one.

#Eatakidforharambe

10+ Year Old Account
    My grandfather has Alzheimer, and now relearns what they did to Harambe every single day.... HOW DARE THEY SAY THEY SUFFER!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Zoo family is still healing? STFU already. Get busy fixing whatever hole that child crawled through that you idiots were to cheap to fix. It should be impossible for anyone to get to any animal in the Zoo. Cheap bastards. Only family you give a shit about is your financial one.
    I agree. Every zoo should have security like a supermax prison for the animals.

/s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    It's only a monkey...
    Wow... you are a cromossome away from a monkey. Maybe you should ponder on that.

Deleted
    im suprised nobodys named there baby winston pet harambe, or that people want him in stranglethorn vale as a memorial, since wow seems to be a memorial place for all the deceased

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Can SJW culture go first?
    I think we will see them die off before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    If anything, I feel sorry for the child. Growing up with people blaming you for the death of a gorilla, that really, wasn't entirely your fault. He was just a 3-year old child, if anyone's to blame, its his mother.
    And the idiots who built a fence that couldn't even keep a 3 year old out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!