Thread: Tires

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Put some boggers on it and not worry about ever losing treads.

Be a neat trick getting them on a car, but hey, it would work.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    What kind of vehicle was this that you paid that much for new tires.
    Something that is high performance no doubt. X_X

Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    Frugal but shells out $1100 for 4 tires.

I stopped reading right there.
    Nice try troll.
    El cheapo's for my vehicle are 700+ Tires on my old vehicle were 500.00 each.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Something that is high performance no doubt. X_X
    Considering it's Orlong... I suspect some sort of a truck might have been involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abracmike View Post
    Mileage and price suggests low profile tires on a sportier car. If so, that's in the ball park for 4 without any kind of deal. Straight cost for 4 on a 12 Camry SE v6 are about 270 reach installed last I checked. ( 225/45R18 measurements) assuming you want OEM. Cheap end is still usually around 200 ea
    I should further note, those tires I mentioned are rated for 50k mi, though we got 62k out of them before hitting 2/32 on all 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Just bought my mom 4 new 60,000 mile tires from Walmart for $550 total. She drives a Trail Blazer, what do you drive?
    a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track. Front and back tires are different sizes and cant be rotated

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Never heard of this before. What state is this?
    Pennsylvania

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That's not why you need to replace the tyre. You need to replace the tyre so it won't blow out on the road and give you an excuse to ram into someone else's car and kill his/her kids. Or considering that you actually seem to require parental supervision, the government is also trying to keep you alive as well. But mostly others.
    You arent going to lose control of your car and hit someone at 45MPH unless youre a shitty driver. It would just pop, you hear the flump flump flump noise and pull over and change it. I dont think I should have to waste money replacing tires unless the threads are slapping the road

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track.
    Hyundai? That does not sound like a good ole US of A motor vehicle.

Make Korea great again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    Frugal but shells out $1100 for 4 tires.

I stopped reading right there.
    Nice try troll.
    Cheapest name brand I could find that meets the specs for my car. Im not buying a walmart brand tire

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Are you rotating your tires regularly? If not, its quick, cheap, and extends the life of your tire.
    Cant rotate them. Front are 225/40 19" and back are 245/40 19"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Hyundai? That does not sound like a good ole US of A motor vehicle.

Make Korea great again?
    Actually they are made by Americans in Alabama. Due to Unions making it almost impossible to fire shitty workers at GM and Ford, there hasnt been a quality American car in 40 years. Every one I owned never made it past 120,000 miles

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abracmike View Post
    Mileage and price suggests low profile tires on a sportier car. If so, that's in the ball park for 4 without any kind of deal. Straight cost for 4 on a 12 Camry SE v6 are about 270 reach installed last I checked. ( 225/45R18 measurements) assuming you want OEM. Cheap end is still usually around 200 ea
    Those tyres seems small for truck. My car uses 235/50R18 and it's just a sports coupé.

Edit: My bad, I misread the vehicle....

What state checks tires as part of the inspection? Also what kind of tires did you buy for 1100 dollars? Lastly if you are buying 1100 dollar tires, they should come with some sort of warranty, I bought a set of goodyears that have a 80k mile tread life warranty. So, maybe look in to that as a way to recoup some cost.

Then there is the fact that its an Orlong thread so half of me thinks its just all rubbish.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheapest name brand I could find that meets the specs for my car. Im not buying a walmart brand tire
    No such thing as "walmart brand tire" they sell goodyear, Michelin, Bridgestones, all major and trusted tire brands, just cheaper than a place that just sells tires.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Annual car inspections are not bullshit. They help keep you and others safe while on the road.
    With Oblong on the road? Optimistic.

Not only that but the state gouges you $2 for the damn inspection sticker that probably cost less than 10 cents to make
    In my state (NJ) the inspection is free and they now only check emissions, they used to check safety like tires wipers etc but it was costing the state too much so they got rid of that part. You could have just paid like 50 bucks to a gas station who does state inspections and they would have passed you and your shitty tires.

The tires I deal with have these ridges deep inside the tread, as the tire wears these ridges become visible. They are designed to tell you your tire is worn out.

Not ware bears.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    What state checks tires as part of the inspection? Also what kind of tires did you buy for 1100 dollars? Lastly if you are buying 1100 dollar tires, they should come with some sort of warranty, I bought a set of goodyears that have a 80k mile tread life warranty. So, maybe look in to that as a way to recoup some cost.

Then there is the fact that its an Orlong thread so half of me thinks its just all rubbish.
    They are Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. They have a 50k mile warranty but it doesnt apply if you dont rotate them and I cant rotate them due to front and back being different sizes so the warranty is cut in half, additionally being that my car is the track model the front tires are cambered out a little to allow for more grip around curves which cause the tires to wear on the inside edges faster than the rest of the tire, and the warranty doesnt cover uneven treadwear.

I just dont understand why they cant make tires that last over 100k miles with the technologies we have today

Your problem is you want a car to last too long. I buy a new truck before the tires have to be changed or the full warranty runs out. Which ever comes first. I highly recommend it. Never deal with a mechanic but for oil changes and tire rotations and that's only 3-4 times a year.

I just dont understand why they cant make tires that last over 100k miles with the technologies we have today
    Because capitalism.

Why spend money on R&D to dramatically extend the life of tires or when you can keep using the same technology and sell more tires?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You could have just paid like 50 bucks to a gas station who does state inspections and they would have passed you and your shitty tires.
    Also this. There is a Vato on my side of town that is known for passing damn near anything. The worse condition the car is in, the more he charges

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The tires I deal with have these ridges deep inside the tread, as the tire wears these ridges become visible. They are designed to tell you your tire is worn out.

Not ware bears.
    Mine have colors embedded in the tire to check tread wear.

- - - Updated - - -

They are Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires. They have a 50k mile warranty but it doesnt apply if you dont rotate them and I cant rotate them due to front and back being different sizes so the warranty is cut in half, additionally being that my car is the track model the front tires are cambered out a little to allow for more grip around curves which cause the tires to wear on the inside edges faster than the rest of the tire, and the warranty doesnt cover uneven treadwear.

Let me get this straight, Mr. frugal. You bought a sports performance car with a V6 3.8 liter engine that eats gas needs performance tires etc but claim to be frugal?

Also a Hyundai, shittiest "performance" car you could have gotten and a waste of money all around.

You arent going to lose control of your car and hit someone at 45MPH unless youre a shitty driver. It would just pop, you hear the flump flump flump noise and pull over and change it. I dont think I should have to waste money replacing tires unless the threads are slapping the road
    Or the tire complete shreds and you send a big rubber slap flying at the vehicle behind you. They'll probably want to swerve to avoid being hit by it. Do swerving cars cause accidents? Nah. And now you're riding on a rim. You're going to be tearing up the road and ruining your car some more like that. You're not on the freeway, so you'll probably have to pull off somewhere out of the way to fix this. Hopefully there's a shoulder because you're going to be creating a lot of traffic.

Now you have to change to your spare. Well, if it's on the driver's side, I hope the shoulder is wide enough! Changing a tire with your back facing the traffic side sure isn't too safe. Especially since there are people with poor tires riding on the roads. Are you in a good area/neighborhood for this? Now you've got your donut on. Perfect. You'll be good for another 5000 miles or until the next tire blows.

It's for safety. More than just yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    You bought a car that needed those tires, knowing state inspections are a thing, and went along with it. You made the choice for the car, and now it's your responsibility to play by the rules regarding that car being safe on the road.

Or get a new car that will conform to what you want from it's parts.
    Or bootstraps pulling rabble rabble and make tires that will last for your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.