Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yeah, except for the bit where Watcher specifically said they will not do that because of the artifact investments.
    Oh weird, I could have sworn Blizzard has said things and then gone back on it a BUNCH of times over the years. I wonder why I don't have much faith in that comment.
    It reminds me of the Q&A in Highmaul where they said something to the effect of "No, we absolutely will not be nerfing Candle, we think it is fine where it is and it's okay that it is quite strong, go ahead and buy them without fear of getting fuckd over by a nerf" and then 12 hours later "the on use portion of Everburning candle has been cut in half."

I understand what Watcher said, I'm also skeptical of their ability to balance stuff properly before it hits liver servers and they have a week or two of complete data.

With all of that said, my post was like 50% serious and 50% a joke.
    Last edited by Octa; 2016-08-23 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I think that depends on the Mythic+ level, eh? If Demon Hunter work normally at Mythic dungeon level or at Mythic+3 or Mythic+6 or whatever number with the appropriate gear, then all is good. But if you lack gear and are pushing Mythic+ or can't upgrade your gear anymore and still pushing Mythic+, damage will just get so high that pretty much everything will feel spiky at some point.

Just look at some of the bonus damag/health number:
    Mythic+1 gives enemies only +8% HP/DMG
    But I saw numbers as high as +141%

And it can get even higher. At some point more or less everything will just feel spiky because the multiplier is so high. Or did I misunderstand your concern?
    just a correction, mythic +2 give +8%, mythic 1 one is the base mythic

- - - Updated - - -

sure, hotfixes are coming everyweek now, sometimes 2 or 3 in the same week, now they are more frequently becouse they change somethings to being abble to change things that in tha past could be changed only witch a patch

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Expect outlaw nerfs tomorrow. Its stupid of how far ahead is atm in ST.
    I'm shocked they were not touched in the recent hotfix. Still skeptical of putting my AP into Outlaw even if they don't get nerfed before launch cause they are really way too strong right now.

Deleted
    of course I expect it.

There is a lot of work left to do. A LOT OF WORK.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    They've said this for literally years and yet it's still not happened. Stop with your "but they said" please.
    Funny i'm looking at hotfixes right now of 5.0 post launch, and 6.0 post launch and yeah class changes happened. And just like then, it'll happen in 7.0 post launch. So yeah, way to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post
    I'm shocked they were not touched in the recent hotfix. Still skeptical of putting my AP into Outlaw even if they don't get nerfed before launch cause they are really way too strong right now.
    Atm if u are half lucky with rtb, outlaw will be miles ahead of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Funny i'm looking at hotfixes right now of 5.0 post launch, and 6.0 post launch and yeah class changes happened. And just like then, it'll happen in 7.0 post launch. So yeah, way to fail.
    Changes happened and yet.... you had classes/specs every expansion that were WAY more than a little ahead. Stop trying to build a strawman. I said nothing of the sort that hotfixes don't happen, just that they fixed little to nothing typically.

Deleted
    There shouldn't be instances where a spec gets hammered to the ground (from best to worst like demo locks in 6.2)
    Obviously if a spec pulls TOO far ahead in dps, it will be hotfix-nerfed.

I just hope they won't be making any significant changes on patches. Playing triple-DPS spec classes depends on spec balance, as this artifact shit won't let you respec freely anymore. I mained a Hunter since Cataclysm, what I liked about it was the lentient respec without any need to gather gear. Now I will have to worry about fucking artefact even if I just want to switch between MM and BM...

Not just leveling artifacts but also farming raid-quality relics (which govern the weapon item level - pretty important stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    There shouldn't be instances where a spec gets hammered to the ground (from best to worst like demo locks in 6.2)
    Obviously if a spec pulls TOO far ahead in dps, it will be hotfix-nerfed.

I just hope they won't be making any significant changes on patches. Playing triple-DPS spec classes depends on spec balance, as this artifact shit won't let you respec freely anymore. I mained a Hunter since Cataclysm, what I liked about it was the lentient respec without any need to gather gear. Now I will have to worry about fucking artefact even if I just want to switch between MM and BM...

Not just leveling artifacts but also farming raid-quality relics (which govern the weapon item level - pretty important stuff).
    Exactly, thats why i hope they will get most of the balancing done this week, so people dont feel like they've thrown away weeks work. It feels bad to farm for weeks to find out your spec has been shit on in a hotfix, i just hope they fix some of the problems in elemental, warlock and ret paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as possible they'll try to balance by bringing classes up rather than down after launch. That gives them more freedom to do things. No one minds being bumped up a bit.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-08-24 at 07:08 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Expect outlaw nerfs tomorrow. Its stupid of how far ahead is atm in ST.
    on legion beta? if so, provide logs if you're gonna make sensationalist claims.

and if you're not talking about beta, why the fuck would they care about live as opposed to the next expansion which is just around the corner
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Changes happened and yet.... you had classes/specs every expansion that were WAY more than a little ahead. Stop trying to build a strawman. I said nothing of the sort that hotfixes don't happen, just that they fixed little to nothing typically.
    So you flat out admit it's happened, which you originally said it hasn't happened yet. Then say I'm building a strawman because i'm factually and technically correct and you actually have nothing to argue. dude stop you are embarrassing yourself at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    on legion beta? if so, provide logs if you're gonna make sensationalist claims.

and if you're not talking about beta, why the fuck would they care about live as opposed to the next expansion which is just around the corner
    Who the hell gives a shit about T18. Here, educate your self and tell me how far ahead is OTL without even going on max dps and without taking account that these sims dont have the -4% dps of assa after hotfixes.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...HxBKV_biTNzfRY

Balancing classes within 5% damage with trinkets, class sets, artifacts and legendaries will not be possible. This will probably be the least balanced expansion we've ever had. That isn't ok, considering you're kinda LOCKED into the artifact/spec you pick and commit to.

They're kinda fucked because it's too late to add raid utility to every DPS spec now, which is the only way to fix DPS disparities.

You have classes like rogue that not only do top2 DPS for two of their three specs, but also have the best utility in the entire game.

Maybe by next expac they'll realize every class needs unique raid utility and to finally completely dissolve GC's garbage design philosophy that ruined the game since WOTLK of "bring the player not the class"(when everyone is the same, you bring whoever does the most damage, aka bring the class still exists).
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-08-24 at 01:55 PM.

Blizzard has a massive hardon for fire mages this beta. They've been at the top for a very long time and literally every other spec has gotten adjusted even when it surpassed fire mages for a patch. And they now explicitly state they'll essentially be keeping them top dps. I know they just used it as an example but their actions clearly show they have no intention of doing anything to fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Who the hell gives a shit about T18. Here, educate your self and tell me how far ahead is OTL without even going on max dps and without taking account that these sims dont have the -4% dps of assa after hotfixes.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...HxBKV_biTNzfRY
    re-read what i said. then re-read it again
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Kind of a bad example, given that they basically outright said that they didn't want people playing demo.

When normal, heroic and mythic+ is unlocked they are probably going to take a look at what specs underperform that week and buff them, just like they did in Highmaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Kind of a bad example, given that they basically outright said that they didn't want people playing demo.
    It went over your head but that was a tongue in cheek remark that backfired. Now people with no humour detectors treat it as cannon.

Deleted
    I'll give anything for my Disc Priest to have a non-talent AoE spell....Leveling is going to blow