Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Some people do budget for entertainment, WoW has good returns in terms of cost IF you enjoy it. I'd say its reasonable to ask for opinions especially since $65 could be used elsewhere.
    Yeah, that's similar to what I do. I'm trying to decide to give Blizzard one last chance, or to buy a new server from OVH/SYS.

If you enjoy World of Warcraft, in general, you'll more than likely be able to enjoy it for a couple months after release. And, if you enjoy this expansion in particular, more after that.

WoD was a massive failure and even those early months after release were pretty decent and enjoyable. So even if this one follows a similar path, that period in which it's all new and shiny is still worth the buck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    Unless blizzard has "downgraded" their servers since WoD then I wouldn't particularly expect login queues to be in the ten-thousands like before.
    no one expected it for wod, and that was the problem >.>...

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    no one expected it for wod, and that was the problem >.>...
    inb4 12 million subs next month.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Axcel : Why did you leave? Might get a better answer from people if they can tell you whether or not the cause(s) for you leaving still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    @Axcel : Why did you leave? Might get a better answer from people if they can tell you whether or not the cause(s) for you leaving still exist.
    I honestly felt like WoD didn't have enough content/wasn't living up to expectations. I loved the questing and such. However after that it seemed like there wasn't really much to do besides raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Asked for Game Time, and was confronted with the following GIF:

- http://i.imgur.com/cj10rru.gif

EDIT:

We then had an amazing conversation about fluffy cats, and he then awarded me 7 days of free game time.

- http://i.imgur.com/4aneOKh.gifv
    Last edited by Axcel; 2016-08-24 at 01:32 AM.

-snip-
    Ya the GM's on live chat can be kinda funny/cool sometimes. I had a issue with I think payments and the guy gave me like 3 hearthstone packs just to be nice.

I have only ever had 1 issue where the GM was a prick but other then that issue live chat support is great.

Now u can do the pre-legion stuff and get ur feet wet on the class changes
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya the GM's on live chat can be kinda funny/cool sometimes. I had a issue with I think payments and the guy gave me like 3 hearthstone packs just to be nice.

I have only ever had 1 issue where the GM was a prick but other then that issue live chat support is great.

Now u can do the pre-legion stuff and get ur feet wet on the class changes
    Well, not just that either. I get to be on during release! That was the whole reason behind the 7 days. I literally figured I'd only get a single day, 7 was more than generous.

I honestly felt like WoD didn't have enough content/wasn't living up to expectations. I loved the questing and such. However after that it seemed like there wasn't really much to do besides raiding.
    With the Mythic dungeon Keystone system in Legion, mythic dungeons can become a decent alternative to raiding and still get decent gear out of it if dungeons are more your thing.

Well, not just that either. I get to be on during release! That was the whole reason behind the 7 days. I literally figured I'd only get a single day, 7 was more than generous.
    Ya they normally give a 7 day trial so that is cool. Farm some raids collect some gold and buy a token for more days.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya they normally give a 7 day trial so that is cool. Farm some raids collect some gold and buy a token for more days.
    That's what I'll probably do.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    With the Mythic dungeon Keystone system in Legion, mythic dungeons can become a decent alternative to raiding and still get decent gear out of it if dungeons are more your thing.
    Oh, I stopped playing before Mythic Dungeons came out, the keystone system looks interesting, Which might be what keep me playing. As long as they'res enough people playing and doing them

Legion is leaps and bounds beyond WoD in that department- the questing from 100-110 was easily as good, and, in my opinion, better than WoD's 90-100 questing. There is a level 110 zone purely designed for max level story and daily questing, which unlocks over time as you build reputation and complete the main story quests of the zone. The answer to Apexis 'fill the bar' dailies are World Quests, which is a huge, dynamic pool of quests that rotate every few hours, day, days, or week, and can send you to PvP, do pet battles, do gathering or killing quests, and a myriad of other objectives, all tied to specific Legion factions and zones.

World Quests will give scaling rewards that increase in quality with your ilvl, as well as being one of the best sources for the new Diablo III-style Legendaries, making them an actual progression option.

They've already announced that they'll be adding MORE quests to that level 110 zone, and to the World Quest pool, in the 7.1 patch, which has already been announced and is scheduled for release before or around the end of the year.

It might be worth giving it a shot, if that's what you enjoy about WoW. The worst that happens is that you spend $65, $80 for a month or two, enjoy the leveling experience and Artifact storylines (which are stellar), and then take a break.

Here's some more information on World Quests:
    http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion/world-quests

EDIT: Also worth mentioning is that all Legion zones (all zones in the Broken Isles) will scale to your level, meaning the questing can be done in any order, and that all zones will be relevant once you reach 110, as they will all be 110 zones with World Quests.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2016-08-24 at 01:58 AM.

Cool you were able to get some free time to check it out. Im not the best to give advice, I buy every xpac a week or so prior to release. I will say though, that I do think this xpack has a chance to be something special for WoW.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Legion is looking to be the best expansion ever. I do not say that lightly. The world quest system, Mythic+ dungeons and Artifact weapons really give the best of everything.

If you like GW2 or Tanaan/Timeless isle, you'll love world quests.

Of course WoW has the best raiding as usual.

5 mans are making a huge comeback with Karazahn and Mythic+ dungeons.

Don;t miss Legion. it truly will be the best expansion WoW has ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said you like questing. With the new World Quest system I suspect you will be pretty busy in legion. Not only that, but apparently dungeons are also a viable endgame (kinda) progression.

So, it looks like you will enjoy it.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Just wanna thank everyone on the thread for your awesome replies. It means a ton to me. Seriously, you don't understand how much it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Guys,

I'm having an extremely tough time deciding if I should return or not for Legion. Blizzard has let me down in the past,
    and I am having trouble deciding if I should dish out the 15$ to renew my membership, and then another 50 for getting
    legion itself.

So I've come here, to seek your advice. Of everything you've seen, beta, live, everything. Do you think Legion is worth
    giving a chance? If so, why? If not, why?

Thanks.
    Yeah,go for it. Looks like the quality is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Legion is leaps and bounds beyond WoD in that department-
    I disagree.
    Legion isn't clearly better than WoD in any regard. It's just slightly tweaked versions of the same old same old we got in WoD.

Sadly Legion is an expansion to be skipped in it's entirety. Where you could wait till mid expansion or till max level boosts were available to skip undesirable content in the past, artifact weapons have removed that option.

The fanboy club that insisted WoD was great until it's undeniable failure crashed their alternate reality party will tell you Legion is fantastic as well.

They are wrong.

Legion is going to do far more damage than WoD did.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    I disagree.
    Legion isn't clearly better than WoD in any regard. It's just slightly tweaked versions of the same old same old we got in WoD.

Sadly Legion is an expansion to be skipped in it's entirety. Where you could wait till mid expansion or till max level boosts were available to skip undesirable content in the past, artifact weapons have removed that option.

The fanboy club that insisted WoD was great until it's undeniable failure crashed their alternate reality party will tell you Legion is fantastic as well.

They are wrong.

Legion is going to do far more damage than WoD did.
    Do you have anything to back this up? Why will Legion "do far more damage than WoD"? Why do you believe Legion will be bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Do you have anything to back this up? Why will Legion "do far more damage than WoD"? Why do you believe Legion will be bad?
    I'd actually like to see stuff to back this up as well. If there's anything that I am currently enjoying the most so far are these Invasions.
    Christ, they are beautiful. I love being able to go to a random zone and fight off the legion and watch them blasting from the sky. It's freaking epic. I a thousand times am liking this, and if "World Quests" are anything like these Invasion Events, but more diverse, I think that I will love Legion through the
    end, as long as they continue to have dynamically and diverse World Quests.