Does gargoyle / valkyr snapshot?

Mainly asking for playing with soul reaper - if I get 15% haste from it, would it benefit my gargoyle for the entire duration if I summon it afterwards, or do pets' stats update dynamically with my own? Example, if I summon gargoyle, then pop 15% haste -- will the gargoyle have my haste for 15 seconds, or will it not benefit at all?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They update dynamically. So yes, in your example Gargoyle would gain 15% haste when you used the effect.

Pets and most guardians scale dynamically with stats. So Valkry/Goyle will scale from the haste buff of reaper.

However unless they fixed this for wod/legion, there is a delay between when you get or loose the buff and when the pet does.
    IE, you proc 15% haste, the pet wont gain it for about 2 seconds. On the flip side, your 15% haste buff wears off - the pet wont loose this haste for about 2 secs or so. (thats how it worked in MoP - unsure if its been sped up at all for WoD/legion)

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    (thats how it worked in MoP - unsure if its been sped up at all for WoD/legion)
    Early beta you could look at pet stats and it was more like 5 seconds. Can't test now though because the pet stats page is gone.

the only thing that still snapshots is feral druids bleeds as that is their playstyle and thing

other then that ,there is no more snapshotting

i do want to know though if "doom" snapshots... since it takes 15 seconds to tick... so i wonder if it does damage based on when its placed, or when it tick... dont know, havent got to test it much since its so weird...

by snapshotting i guess the OP means the following:

you get all your procs and buffs to the max and pop your trinekts/buffs, then summon Valk/Garg.
    They will then go off those stats for their duration.

This is how it used to work.

The Design now is they continually go off your stats, so if you have 15% they have 15% for there duration, and this can change when urs change, aka you drop to 7.5% they do as well, you jump to 20% they do as well.

they no longer gain what you had when summoned and stay at that like they did in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the only thing that still snapshots is feral druids bleeds as that is their playstyle and thing

other then that ,there is no more snapshotting

i do want to know though if "doom" snapshots... since it takes 15 seconds to tick... so i wonder if it does damage based on when its placed, or when it tick... dont know, havent got to test it much since its so weird...
    Feral Druids Bleeds dont snapshot anymore, they just have better scaling.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Mainly asking for playing with soul reaper - if I get 15% haste from it, would it benefit my gargoyle for the entire duration if I summon it afterwards, or do pets' stats update dynamically with my own? Example, if I summon gargoyle, then pop 15% haste -- will the gargoyle have my haste for 15 seconds, or will it not benefit at all?
    Snapshot was removed as a mechanic from most classes at the beginning of WoD.

Dynamic.

Gargoyle and Val'kyr benefit from the buffs as they are active.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd assume he means Bloodtalons?
    yeah sorry ment blood talons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    by snapshotting i guess the OP means the following:

you get all your procs and buffs to the max and pop your trinekts/buffs, then summon Valk/Garg.
    They will then go off those stats for their duration.

This is how it used to work.

The Design now is they continually go off your stats, so if you have 15% they have 15% for there duration, and this can change when urs change, aka you drop to 7.5% they do as well, you jump to 20% they do as well.

they no longer gain what you had when summoned and stay at that like they did in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Feral Druids Bleeds dont snapshot anymore, they just have better scaling.
    yeah snapshotting was removed in wod... thats what were talking about...

Thanks for clarification!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Early beta you could look at pet stats and it was more like 5 seconds. Can't test now though because the pet stats page is gone.
    The UI doesnt necessarily update as fast as the stats themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Pets and most guardians scale dynamically with stats. So Valkry/Goyle will scale from the haste buff of reaper.

However unless they fixed this for wod/legion, there is a delay between when you get or loose the buff and when the pet does.
    IE, you proc 15% haste, the pet wont gain it for about 2 seconds. On the flip side, your 15% haste buff wears off - the pet wont loose this haste for about 2 secs or so. (thats how it worked in MoP - unsure if its been sped up at all for WoD/legion)
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    The UI doesnt necessarily update as fast as the stats themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post

What Keiyra said is still true, they update dynamically and its about a 3 second delay. You can test this in game on live to see for your self, just take off a piece of gear that has Stamina on it. Look at your ghouls HP's then put that item back in, it will take about 3 seconds for his HP's to update.

As for the Gargoyle i would use SR once he is out and starts attacking this way there is no lost time from using SR followed by Gargoyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd assume he means Bloodtalons?
    pretty sure all snapshotting was removed at 6.0.1
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Feral bleeds still snapshot, its part of the play style.

Incorrect, it still exists for damage increasing buffs for feral druids only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

nope, blood talons and roaring blaze are still technical "snap shotting" in legion