Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So where does this put Guardian druid now in terms of tanks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaflip253 View Post
    So where does this put Guardian druid now in terms of tanks?
    Too early to tell, but with the DK nerf and DH buff honestly I think this is bringing all of the tanks closer. Except those goddamned Paladins!

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Too early to tell, but with the DK nerf and DH buff honestly I think this is bringing all of the tanks closer. Except those goddamned Paladins!
    what's with paladins?

Guardian druids were considered the absolutely strongest tank by those playing Legion beta. The nerf wasn't that unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Guardian druids were considered the absolutely strongest tank by those playing Legion beta. The nerf wasn't that unexpected.
    Nor will the inevitable Warrior nerf and BrM buff.

We're probably going to see many tweaks in the weeks to come that incur much more change to the tank landscape than these.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    Nor will the inevitable Warrior nerf and BrM buff.

We're probably going to see many tweaks in the weeks to come that incur much more change to the tank landscape than these.
    Where is this warrior nerf, it's stupid

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Warrior says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowlorn View Post
    The health isn't exactly my concern. Its the 17% attack power loss. Maybe its just me but even at 33% mastery and 33% crit I was unable to hold threat off of any other tank.
    Yeah the DH in this HFC pug I did, I couldn't hold aggro off of him. Really worried about aggro even moreso now.

I like how this also indirectly nerfs Maul even further, lolololol.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yeah the DH in this HFC pug I did, I couldn't hold aggro off of him. Really worried about aggro even moreso now.
    I get the feeling from our relative dps to other tanks that the attack power coefficients on our attacks are still tuned around the old scaling for 16% base mastery. Which is now down to 1/4 of that. We're also missing a threat multiplier somewhere, probably on Moonfire.

Oh, Moonfire was also nerfed ~9% today. Whenever they nerf it for boomies, they never really seem to give any thought to bears.

So warriors with less mitigation and less threat. Someone suggested going back to my paladin after I said these changes and I'm seriously pondering it.

Ok so twitter says the AP nerf was a bug and will be reverted.
    Last edited by Ausr; 2016-08-24 at 12:53 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just posted:

Apologies for the delay here and thanks for all of your feedback - we've been working to confirm that this change was not intended. The Attack Power change on the Guardian Druid Mastery is, indeed, a bug, and will be corrected in the near future.

I'll update this thread once we have more details related to this fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I get the feeling from our relative dps to other tanks that the attack power coefficients on our attacks are still tuned around the old scaling for 16% base mastery. Which is now down to 1/4 of that. We're also missing a threat multiplier somewhere, probably on Moonfire.

Oh, Moonfire was also nerfed ~9% today. Whenever they nerf it for boomies, they never really seem to give any thought to bears.
    Or Resto, or Feral. :\

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Just posted:
    That's nice but we still don't have an attack that causes high threat/aggro.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Just posted:
    They say Bug, but i bet it was most likely an oversight because if it was a Bug the AP part of it not being changed would of been in the original hotfix notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    That's nice but we still don't have an attack that causes high threat/aggro.
    Pretty sure most if not all "high threat" modifiers have been removed in favor of damage.

the threat problem is inexistant. you are simply comparing yourselves to overpowered tank classes with a ton of DPS/better burst.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    Nor will the inevitable Warrior nerf
    Warriors already got a slight IP nerf.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-08-24 at 09:07 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Pretty sure most if not all "high threat" modifiers have been removed in favor of damage.

the threat problem is inexistant. you are simply comparing yourselves to overpowered tank classes with a ton of DPS/better burst.
    Which is every single class right now.

So now that apparently our health is lower than blood death knights

What the hell do we even have

Deleted
    A nice butt to look at

I am no master theorcrafter, but I was messing around last night trying to get a grasp on how big the nerf actually was. I haven't checked SimC or anything yet, but this is just a preliminary comparison of TTL for before and after the change on Ironfur.

TTL is just a basic constant system to determine a theoretical time to live by just adjusting either columns constant by their mastery coefficient, since mastery is directly affecting health pools. Obviously this in no way affects the healing portion of the mastery, but at least it starts to give a baseline for comparison.

This doesn't account for Ironfur uptime, but you can almost count on 1 or 2 stacks at all time, and the amount of time spent at 2 only improves with gear especially now that people will be stacking haste. Overall, this nerf is large, but not going to kill anyone. In some ways, it's stronger, in fact. While I don't like that it's almost a sidegrade and instead of enhancing a unique feature of the class it's basically just buffing them to be more similar to other tanks, numerically it doesn't seem to harm us greatly.

Obviously this makes us more exposed regarding magic/things ignoring armor/etc, but I find it unlikely for that to matter tremendously since we're still on the upper end of the tank HP spectrum and other tanks would be punished harder by those mechanics before we would, especially with the sometimes insanely low CDs we're able to get on Ironbark and SI.

The buff on ironfur was ok, but they didnt do anything about our magic dmg reduction, what lead us to a real big trouble against magic fights... the HP that we lose is a massive amount and at some point we will suffer against magic dmg since we dont have our HP anymore to help to soak lol "oh look they have 2 AM, lets just change it one of them and its fine" wut?