Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Selling mythic+ carry to +10, you bring the keystone and 50k gold.
    I am very curious how competitive this market will be because the guarantee of mythic quality loot with a 10+ clear will be very inticing to people who only raid at normal/heroic levels. There is for sure going to be a HUGE market for this from top end raiders selling runs for gold on off days.

@ OT
    to wrap things up:
    Assumption(as i understood it): each cleared mythic or mythic+ dungeon gives a seperate keystone and they level up seperately, KS A lv2, KS B lv7, e.t.c.,
    giving you multiple keystones.

How it will be: you will get ONE keystone per week from any source, so after your mythic-clear-keystone, you don't get the orderhall-keystone that week.
    this keystone levels like mentioned above based on the timer during the mythic+ you used it for.
    The next week you get:
    - your old keystone a few levels lower than before (someone mentioned a 25% decrease in level)
    - AND another chance at the "new" keystone from mythic dungeon loot or your Orderhall chest.
    if any of these keystones deplete due to the group being to slow, you have to use it for a mythic+ dungeon and run a "clear of shame" to repower it.

please correct me if i got something wrong

AFAIK the keystone from your chest is slightly below your previous max. If you do mythic dungeons and get one to drop, it can be the lowest level. I haven't really tested much on beta but I remember those all being +2 or +3 months ago.

But yes, you can only obtain 1 per week, and it expires at the weekly reset (disappears) or when you fail to complete the mythic+ on time. So you'll either be actively playing alts (a 5 man group can run through 10 keystones if each person brings an alt to one run, plus 5 for all 5 mains) or carrying random people for their keystone, and likely charging because they won't be contributing too much. They get the chance at high loot plus trades from the group and their weekly chest gets upgraded for guaranteed loot.

At a certain point we won't have any interest in doing below like +8 though, so at that point it'll be pure carry groups, possibly even tailored to trade all gear to the buyer, so people who have a fresh character can just grab their keystone and pay like 100k+ and get half of their slots with 860+ gear. I'm curious to see how this plays out, it should be very lucrative for skilled players, more than CMs were even.

Deleted
    Failing a mythic+ does not remove your keystone, it makes it depleted. Depleted only means you can't get loot from the same difficulty you failed the run at again (remember, you still get loot during the run you actually fail). You can upgrade it like a non depleted keystone and it works again once upgraded.

Not sure if people will end up "paying" for a keystone boost run, since it's pretty much guaranteed loot while not depleted.

What I imagine people WILL pay for almost immediately is helping with runs that reactivate depleted keystones... because there is no incentive for other group members to help there.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    I think when you complete a Mythic dungeon within time, your keystone 'levels up", that's what I understood.
    Correct.

You don't get a new keystone - you get a single one each week. This starts at X level (initially 1, then Best-2 each week?), and each time you beat the timer for that tier, it goes up to X+1 (X+2/X+3 if you are quick enough). If you fail to clear it in time, it becomes depleted, and you can no longer get any loot from it until you beat that tier in time. At the start of the week, you get a new keystone, and the depleted keystone becomes useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post
    So if i have cleared +9 in the past will i have to start over and clear 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 to get back to mythic +9. (So spend 5 hours clearing lower content to get back up to my progression point?)
    I will just share some knowledge me and my mythic + grp made on beta.

we did a +6 first reset and the weekly loot chest (the one in your order hall) gave us a +4 stone. so no you wont have to start from scratch.

Also: you can reactivate any keystone. On the entrance you can use a greyed out keystone, if you dont have any active keystones anymore.

Instead of recieving loot in the end you will simply upgrade (and reactivate) your keystone, if you can beat the time. A Keystone will be greyed out (aka becoming a grey item) after not beating a dungeon in time.

For example: lets say you get halls of valor + 4, dont beat it in time.
    You will get a + 4 loot chest in the end and your keystone will turn into a grey one but will stay halls of valor + 4.
    So you can then decide to run again with this keystone.
    Their wont be any loot in the end, but if you beat it in time the keystone will become [random instance] +5

Also: if you beat a mythic + dungeon really fast, lets say darkheart thicket + 2 with ~15min left. your keystone will upgrade 2 / 3 times instead of one time, and their will also be 2/3 chests at the end.

This can be really usefull if you need an item from an specific instance, since the chest inside darkheart thicket will only contain loot FROM darkheart thicket. (heroic, mythic, and mythic + dungeons all have the same loot, just different itemlvls)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    Failing a mythic+ does not remove your keystone, it makes it depleted. Depleted only means you can't get loot from the same difficulty you failed the run at again (remember, you still get loot during the run you actually fail). You can upgrade it like a non depleted keystone and it works again once upgraded.
    Nope, they disappear now, unless they changed it again recently.

Deleted
    What a fucking mess!!

NOBODY knows how the fuck M+ works at all... Blizzard needs to clarify this asap with a blog post or something.

Sounds like something I can just learn by playing the game to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivion666 View Post
    What a fucking mess!!

NOBODY knows how the fuck M+ works at all... Blizzard needs to clarify this asap with a blog post or something.
    Its just people shouting random shit.

If you dont have a keystone:
    After completing a mythic or mythic+ dungeon for the first time you'll get a single keystone. This keystone will tell you to go do a specific mythic+ dungeon at random. When you run that specific dungeon and succesfully complete it within the time limit, your keystone will upgrade by a certain level ( +1 +2 +3 ) depending on how fast you clear that mythic+ run. When your keystone gets upgraded it will select a new dungeon at random.

The reward at the end of the mythic+ dungeon also depends on how fast you clear. Lets say.. if you upgrade your keystone with +2 levels you get 2 chests with 1 loot piece each at the end. if you upgrade by +3 you get 3 chests with loot.

When you fail to reach the finish line however. Your keystone will deplete and it wont upgrade or select a new dungeon at random. You'll have to run the same dungeon a second time ( this time succesfully within the time limit ) to recharge the keystone. Completing a dungeon with a depleted keystone won't reward you with any loot. If you again fail with a depleted keystone you'll have to retry till you make it.

Is this enough chinese for you?

Deleted
    Really? Since when is that happening?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    Really? Since when is that happening?
    They do not disappear

Stop spreading misinformation please.

You get a Keystone from doing your FIRST Mythic Dungeon or opening your Cache from your previous weeks M+(this keystone is not going to be the lowest level as far as i have seen and don't personally know the level it will be based on your older clear but doesn't really matter much). Apparently you can get your ONE key a week from someone elses M+ as well(blizzard said that the other day when they were talking about it, but not a big deal you will be running regular Mythics for a bit anyway)

Say you did your first mythic dungeon. Now you have a +2 key of A instance. Now you run said A instance(with YOUR KEY) and +3 the key lets say. You get 3 chests at the end one is +2, +3 and +4 level M+ items and you get your AP token from each. Now you have a +5 key for B instance. You can now run that just like the +2 and get chests and get C instance keystone and so on.

Everyone else in your party gets loot just like you but thats it. You can run their +2 key they got and upgrade that just like you did with yours as well for more loot/ap tokens.

Lets say you miss the timer on a key. Now whoever used their key now has a Depleted Keystone for that instance and the X+ level it was. You do still get loot for failing it that first time. Now if you run this Depleted Keystone again and fail again you get no loot, but if you pass the timer you get Key for the next level up. Then you can run that new non depleted key you got because you beat the timer for loot in that new dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivion666 View Post
    What a fucking mess!!

People have, you just choose not to listen to them because they speak Chinese apparently.

doing infinite runs is stupid... i hope they limit it

I really don't know how people aren't grasping how Mythic+ works... It's really not that complicated lol. There's been a ton of information in this thread and if you can't pick it up after reading through this... then I don't know what to tell you.

u get a token (called keystone). that token tells you were to go. If u do this instance in time, the token upgrades, if not, u can repeat to try to get timer (but wont get loot for repeating). If u finally manage timer after several fails, the token upgrades again, and u can do another run on the next level.

If u had a higher token last week, u start out with a higher token (but not the highest u have been) in following weak.

I think the word keystone is what seems to irritate the people here, its not like in diablo 3 now, it works more like a adaptive dungeon questgiver, that u can level up as far as u can go, and it is / seems random which dungeon u get.

To clarify
    U can repeat this runs to random instnaces with OTHER peoples keystones, but your own keystone only carries you up to your max lvl one time a week, and those max levels (lets say u manage to do barely enough dps and survive random mechanics for like +8 at good affixes, than at +9 stuff will start to oneshot u because u have to little hp and dps.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2016-08-24 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    Stop spreading misinformation please.
    Yes because those 50+ mythic+s I did where this happened is misinformation. If nobody can provide an explanation that this was an added feature, it's not misinformation, because Blizzard hasn't released any patchnotes about it, and this after they removed the vendors and moved the chests to 1-a-week, so after they were done building it.

They described that's how mythic+ would work back before we could actually do mythic+, and just about everything they explained at that time (before everything was built) is wrong now.

All those streamers trying for 9+ in BRH and failing just decided not to try again afterwards just because, I guess?
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-08-24 at 08:34 PM.

Mythic+ keystones do not disappear at the end of the run if you fail to meet the timer. Source: I just failed a level 12 keystone, and we're about to run the same dungeon again using the same keystone.
    If you fail to meet the timer, you get loot the very first fail, the keystone becomes depleted and you have to run it again. If you beat the timer that run, you don't get loot, but your keystone gets energized for the next level.
    Last edited by FenixAU; 2016-08-24 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Clarity