Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    It is one of my favourite parts of it as well, it was just so incredibly strong following what happened in the arc that I couldn't handle it.
    Right? And now we get this long ass wait right during one of the best parts yet.

Got up to like 208ish in Kimi Machi. The slice-of-life stuff is still really good, though that trip argument was fucking stupid. Rin-chan is still my favorite character, but only because this manga is a god damn soap opera lol I'd hate her in anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Right? And now we get this long ass wait right during one of the best parts yet.

Why are Shinobu and Chihaya so perfect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthilan View Post
    I had a question. I haven't really read much manga in years but I used to a lot in high school. I thought about getting back into it and reading before I go to bed instead of mindlessly browsing the internet. Any recommendations for some action or comedy (or both) manga that are decently short? Most I've read get into the 20's+ when it comes to volumes. It would be a breath of fresh air to read some shorter ones.
    >Not just coming to me

Comedy:
    Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai (10/10 pure comedy) ~30 chapters
    Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (adorable comedy between two classmates) ~33 chapters
    Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! (Daily webcomic 4-koma) ~393 pages
    Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken (sex comedy) ~30 chapters

Action:
    Murcielago (crazyness) ~45 chapters
    Trash. (even more crazyness) ~39 chapters
    Owari no Seraph (Vampires and end of world) ~48 chapters
    One-Punch Man (just pick up where anime left off, it's worth it) ~65 chapters

Also other rec's just cause:

Psychological:
    Boku wa Mari no Naka (Great read, can get through it very fast) ~75 chapters and ending soon
    Oyasumi Punpun (read it pls) 147 chapters and completed.

Fantasy:
    Magi (Also considered action, but long af) ~315 chapters
    Mahoutsukai no Yome (very British high fantasy) ~31 chapters
    Yozakura Quartet (I think you've seen this?) ~90ish chapters

Romance:
    Hajiotsu (Super cute, main girl is adorable) 31 chapters and completed.
    Koe no Katachi (how have you not finished this yet) 64 chapters and completed.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2016-08-23 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Boku wa Mari no Naka (Great read, can get through it very fast) ~75 chapters and ending soon (<--Next chapter is the last one, 80 chapters total)
    Koe no Katachi (how have you not finished this yet) 64 chapters and completed.
    I can vouch for these, I really enjoyed them. Zath has never steered me wrong with recommendations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Why are Shinobu and Chihaya so perfect?
    Let's not forget the total bro:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Asks for action/comedy and nobody suggest the two best manga for both of those things...

Bleach
    Naruto

You're welcome!
    pls also reed ft its gud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Let's not forget the total bro:

[IMG]http://elrefugiodelosincomprendidos.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/chihayafuru.gif[IMG]
    I hated her so much near the beginning of S2, but she got so much better as it went. I think a lot of people didn't like her at first back when it was airing.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the start to my DH RP set, both warglaives! I guess I need to go plain Illidan look because of it now though.

OT: Not a big fan of Tuesday for anime - using it to catch up on Monday's awesome anime though. Amaama was excellent - such a cute relationship. And the gif above is reminding me to watch more Re:Zero Chibi!

Out of all the Wuxia/ Xianxia novels, The Kings Avatar gets an anime... pls do Coiling Dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lesbian manga ch 1 - It was an interesting read, but I didn't really feel much sympathy for her. I understand all the problems she goes through and realize they are actual illnesses, and have known people who cut themselves, binge and purge, and have crippling anxiety, so there's some sympathy in that regard, but it only goes so far. I feel like it's good to help people who are like that, but if all you give them are your sympathies they will never change or get better. Though some of the people I know that were like that lived off of people being overtly nice to them/feeding off of other people's sympathy without trying themselves to get better, and it got tiresome after a while. I've never gone through any of what was in the manga though, so I can't be one to judge. I'm interested in reading more though when/if more chapters come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    >129 rewatches
    Calm down m8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Shitlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Shitlord.

I find it interesting how there will be less anime in the future than what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I find it interesting how there will be less anime in the future than what we have now.
    It's because of anime being dead and pirates harming the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Lesbian manga ch 1 - It was an interesting read, but I didn't really feel much sympathy for her. I understand all the problems she goes through and realize they are actual illnesses, and have known people who cut themselves, binge and purge, and have crippling anxiety, so there's some sympathy in that regard, but it only goes so far. I feel like it's good to help people who are like that, but if all you give them are your sympathies they will never change or get better. Though some of the people I know that were like that lived off of people being overtly nice to them/feeding off of other people's sympathy without trying themselves to get better, and it got tiresome after a while. I've never gone through any of what was in the manga though, so I can't be one to judge. I'm interested in reading more though when/if more chapters come out.
    Well, that's what I liked about it. I didn't get any vibes from it that she was fishing for sympathy. It was a very candid, "This is what it was like." For instance, I found her psychological description of self-harm to be very insightful and not at all focusing on the "feel bad for me" aspect. She underwent a series of experiences in her life and now finds them a rich source of inspiration to write about.