Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    my only gripe is that Arthas failed at pretty much every turn and spent the whole expansion suffering defeats at our hands and getting pushed back

hell, Putress > Arthas even

in this sense GulDan and Broken Shore are vastly more impressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Yup. Which just go to show how bad armchair game designers are.
    People asked for less trash. I don't know how many people here played vanilla but in vanilla it was full of trash. Even karazhan had a lot of it, and the trash was actually hard, not there just for show.

The current amount of trash is what people actually wanted back then (they finally got it after many years), nobody ever asked for a circus with bosses inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    People wanted to go back to TBC.

People hated new players (wrath babies).

People hated aoe dungeon faceroll.

Cataclysm was going to save the World of Warcraft with its hardcore heroic dungeons.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Never liked WotLK. Questing was awful and there wasn't really much to do if you didn't like dungeons, raids or PvP. Except the Argent Tournament, but that's hit or miss on the 'fun' factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post

Overall, I am not trying to say that WOTLK was a bad expansion by any means, nor that it wasn't *better* than, say, WOD, but when people over-exaggerate and go "oh it was the best thing that ever happened to WOW, everything was 10/10", well, they're wrong. It was, for the most part, fun and new. But it was also a bit monotonous and stale in looks and storytelling.
    Without question, and by a vast majority, WotLK is considered the BEST expansion ever released for WoW.

I played most of my playtime during Wrath because ot was an amazing experience whose content had a lot of life and replayability.

I don;t have to defend it, I don;t even care if you agree with it. It's just a fact,

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The combat model was better that's all that matters. It's nice they are bringing is closer to Wrath in Legion. Healing was the worst it had ever been in Cata.
    hows it closer to wrath????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Without question, and by a vast majority, WotLK is considered the BEST expansion ever released for WoW.

I played most of my playtime during Wrath because ot was an amazing experience whose content had a lot of life and replayability.

I don;t have to defend it, I don;t even care if you agree with it. It's just a fact,
    It's only considered the best by the players that started playing during it (or by people that didn't even raid during tbc since there were no welfare epics for a lot of months). Most of the vanilla players consider tbc the best xpac.

I cant respect anybody who thinks anything bad about Grizzly Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    1) "Didn't care about quest story" is all I needed to hear.
    2) Yes but in other expansions the zones and raids within were significantly different unlike in WOTLK.
    3) I could say the same to people (rightly) complaining about lack of content in WOD. "What's your point, would you rather Blizz didn't release an expansion at all?" But I'll break it down for you: No. I'd rather Blizz made actual content inside a beautiful yet empty zone.
    4) Yes I did.
    5) And it suddenly felt not as huge or dangerous once you got flying.
    6) I guess you like reading the last chapter before reading a book.
    1) Quests are quests. In most cases even the quests with compelling story are not any different for a player than regular kill this/collect that.
    2) Now tell me that Sholazar and Icecrown, and Ulduar and ICC we're not different.
    3) People would rather have content than no content, that simple. Noone complained about Crystalsong because there were other things you could do. When you get progressively less content for the same money in the same amount of time of course you start complaining, and rightfully so.
    4) I dont think so. Everyone has been talking about an Old God in a raid right after WotLK released because his influence was everywhere.
    5) High level zone actually had enemies that could interact with your flying mounts, they were actually REQUIRED for those zones, unlike later content.
    6) WoW is supposed to be a MMO, it should be about gameplay and Player to Player interaction, not books or quests.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Wakaranailol View Post
    Stopped reading here.
    from todas perspective vanilla was shit personally, and BC days were cool but wotlk and mop were better MoP had such great visuals and stuff it was an amazing xpac with WotlK next to it.

Deleted
    Healing in wrath was super basic and literally 1 button for quite many classes... holy light (or flash of light) spam, revju spam, etc.

First raid tier had no difficulty at all apart from 1 single boss that introduced a hard mode. Starting dungeons were also a complete waste of time from the very beginning and pure aoe fests. Trial of the crusader had to be done 4x per reset.

I liked ICC and Ulduar but there's plenty of parts that were plainly broken during the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Also wrath had the worst excuse for a tier raid I've ever participated it: Trial of the crusader. That place was shit.
    This raid literally made me quit wow until the end of Cata lol

I thought TBC was better than Wrath. The game was growing at a huge rate during TBC and 5 man content actually mattered along with EVERY raid being relevant for the entire expansion, something each expansion after has FAILED at.

The begining of Wrath was pretty fun. I started in late vanilla so never did Naxx. Got Realm First 80 Paladin which is something I will always remember. Dude logged out at 78 or 79 and I passed him and hit 80. Was like the 4th or 5th person to hit 80 on my server. Ulduar was really awesome. It is still one of my favorite raids along with Sunwell.
    Last edited by Nubulous; 2016-08-24 at 02:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    3) Crystalsong, arguably the most beautiful zone in the Northrend, had virtually zero content. Now I'm not sure where exactly I saw this, but I read somewhere that it was supposed to be a thriving questing zone like all the others but Blizz decided to cut content before release, possibly due to lack of resources (WOD flashbacks anyone?).
    Gonna correct this here. The content was not cut, it was moved. The Argent Tournament was supposed to be in Crystalsong. The problem was, at the time, the servers could not handle the immense number of people in Dalaran plus the Argent Tournament in Crystalsong. Thus, they had to move it.

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    The fact that wow had 3 retarded expansions in a row didn't help.

Cata=dumb excuse to remake azeroth (and they managed to ruin it when everybody just wanted flying and update graphics, I hate the new orgrimmar). Here started the mentality of the "you think you do but you don't"

MOP=self explanatory

WOD=retarded time travel to push the wow movie.

Legion is probably the first expansion that makes sense since wotlk if you don't consider guldan but I don't know how I feel about illidan being basically revived.
    Sorry but not everyone shares that same opinion. I absolutely enjoyed Mop and think its on par with Wrath.

Its interesting that some of you guys really stick to using old lore. They arent milking money, at least not from me. Im paying money for my entertainment, and Ive enjoyed it up until WoD, but now that WoDs over I can get back to enjoying the game. Still played through WoD, or at least most of it, but disliked it either way.

@xenogear3 Thats just ridiculous lol. Wrath ended the Warcraft series, everything after it continued WoW itself. I loved Mop, I somewhat enjoyed cata and I dont want to talk about WoD. Quite obvious not everyone shares the same opinion you have. Youre free to believe and think what you want, but plenty of people got enjoyment from Mop. If you think 7 million people isnt a lot for a video game then...dont know what to tell you. 7 million people is the sub base mop had at the end of its cycle, just fyi and thats how many people stayed subbed throughout Mop. Call it whatever you want but its obvious that people got plenty of enjoyment from that expansion.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-24 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    No one says it was perfect. That it was the most successful critically and commercially is without question and wasn't an accident.
    Critically, I don't know. Commercially, it's not. TBC is the biggest expansion in terms of sales.

Every single person I knew while playing wrath thought it was horrible. It was only a matter of time before we got to wrath being the best thing ever. It happens with all previous expansions at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a purely objective standpoint, Wrath is number two on the list with only Mists being better.

Cinematics, zones, characters, combat, gear designs, lore, races...everything Wrath did, Mists did better.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    From a purely objective standpoint, Wrath is number two on the list with only Mists being better.

Cinematics, zones, characters, combat, gear designs, lore, races...everything Wrath did, Mists did better.
    Not true. Wrath had equal zones, a better villain, better gear designs, more interesting new lore, decent races, but still yet better dungeons and raids, even including Naxx 2.0 (I don't really include Onyxia in being rehashed content because it was done simply for the 5 year anniversary).

Aren't subjective opinions grand?
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

1)while most of grizzly hills was disconnected, Howling Fjord, Boran, and Sholazar were connected to the main story. The Fjord had us fighting the Vrykul, the lich kings minions, we also went up against the iron dwarves (Loken's minions) and the scourge itself. Borean had Scourge, and the blue dragonflight. Sholazar was all about titan influence on northrend, and titans had a big part in wrath lore.

2) They both had mountains and snow, beyond that there were a lot of differences, for a start both zones had completely different architecture.

3)Every xpac has had cut content, this is nothing new, granted it would have been nice if they had gave us some quests for that zone.

4) Yogg'saron did not come from nowhere, we see his influence as far away as the howling fjord with the whispering ore quest as well as the iron dwarves, the entire last third of the old kingdom dungeon is his influence, pretty much all the quest story in storm peaks is us vs yogg'saron and his minions. Seriously, the ulduar raid had two whole 5-mans and an entire zone of quests to build up its lore.

5) Icecrown and Storm peaks were built around flying, you needed flying to navigate the zones. As for menacing threats the zone of ICC was filled with really strong elite mobs, in the end it's shown that the only reason we managed to reach ICC was because the Lich King LET US.

6) And in BC we knew we were going to fight Illidan and all his lieutenants, only kil'jaeden and Archimonde were the only surprise end raid bosses, did that detract from people enjoying the xpac?

While Wrath had it's flaws, given the tools and tech blizz had to work with they did a pretty good job, quest chains like the sons of hodir, infiltrating the necropolis in Zul'drak, and finding Arthas's heart to name a few. Vehicle combat allowed for a nice change of pace every once in a while. While wintergrasp was far from perfect it did something to try and revitalize world PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    Not true. Wrath had equal zones, a better villain, better gear designs, more interesting new lore, decent races, but still yet better dungeons and raids, even including Naxx 2.0 (I don't really include Onyxia in being rehashed content because it was done simply for the 5 year anniversary).

Aren't subjective opinions grand?
    I'm at work right now, so lengthy replies are tricky. Allow me time to finish here and get home to give you a proper discussion.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)