Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If legion is a class expansion next I want a Race expansion

So from what it looks like (I wasn't in the BETA) there's basically two main stories in Legion. The overall Story (Gul'Dan/Burning Legion/Etc...) and the class stories via the class order halls and artifacts.

I would love if the next expansion focused more on the races. IE Race Exclusive quests. Something that'd help drive the narrative for the races.

Few examples:
    Worgen and current status of Gil'Naes
    Blood Elfs and crowning a king, rebuilding silvermoon, cleansing the ghostlands now that the scourge has been dead for years
    Dwarves, the future of the council of 3 hammers & Dagran Thaurissan II (The supposid heir to the Dark Iron and Bronzebeards) Maybe what to do with Grim Batol now that it'd been cleared out, rebuild the big damn, etc...
    Draeni and whatever they've been doing for the past 10 years

Etc... Just some food for thought. I feel most people have a character of each race, if not it'd encourage new characters to be rolled.
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Race exclusive mogs would be nice too

Taurens with Totems please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    We should get Subraces the next expansion. I'd love it if they updated the introductory quests to fit the new world instead of me being told something about The Lich King/Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by wrv451nlp View Post
    Race exclusive mogs would be nice too
    I could see a huge shitstorm about this, I doubt it will ever happen. With this community all were going to get from that is *OMG that race got cooler transmog OMG blizzard is biased*

Thats actually what would happen.

Id love some class specific shit though.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-24 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You feel most people have a character of each race? Hoo.. Oh boy, I got some news for you

I am all for the sub races. I want my undead blood elf. They exist, don't tell me they don't.
    High mountain tauren. Or s that know how to stand up straight. NE with antlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    You feel most people have a character of each race? Hoo.. Oh boy, I got some news for you
    It'd give ya a reason to roll another one I guess. But you're right, least not max level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    It'd give ya a reason to roll another one I guess. But you're right, least not max level.
    Scaling tech is now present in the game. So they could make it for any level. Especially if it's mostly lore stuff.

That's.... Racist! Nyah! Nyah! Nyah!

10+ Year Old Account
    nah. no new races needed. we have enough races that dont get to see the light, let alone watching the story pass them by.

next will be sub~races to our already existing races... AT BEST.

blizzard fails at one simple concept.. include all races of both factions in the main story arc of an expansion while simultaneously giving a couple of races some focused spot light attention and development.

instead they pick 2 fricken NPCs and butt hump them to death. Green Jesus... and Kad~Jesus. i am just as sick of Kadgar as everyone else was with Thrall. too much in my face attention over, and over, and over, and over, and over, while ignoring other races that are much more interesting.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-08-24 at 04:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

7+ Year Old Account
    New races would be nice. I've always found it strange that Horde never got Ogres, though other than Jinyu I can't think of Alliance alternatives. Sub races would be great also. Being able to make a Mag'har or Blackrock Orc. Broken Draenei, Dark Iron / Earthen / Frostborn / Wildhammer / Iron Dwarf and so on.

Deleted
    I love the idea of race quests. Doubt that everyone has every race though, personally I only have Worgens and Dwarfs.

I don't mean "race expansion" as add in new races. Just race exclusive content that can move along the narrative for what each race is doing. Sinndra is right they mostly just pick 2 characters and push everything through them. Though the idea of subraces is cool though I can't think of what every race could do

I really think subraces are gonna be in the next xpac.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    I love the idea of race quests. Doubt that everyone has every race though, personally I only have Worgens and Dwarfs.
    I'm never going to create a goblin, tauren or a worgen. And I'm not going back to play my panda.
    However it would be fun to see more race lore / story, but it would take way to much development time, and lead to less content. Rather have time invested into the leveling process , group content, the alliance vs horde conflict etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    I'm never going to create a goblin, tauren or a worgen. And I'm not going back to play my panda.
    However it would be fun to see more race lore / story, but it would take way to much development time, and lead to less content. Rather have time invested into the leveling process , group content, the alliance vs horde conflict etc.
    I would at least roll a worgen and goblin to see the starting areas. The goblin starting experience was waaaaay better than I was expecting.

My buddy and I had the same line of thinking, especially with the possibility of sub-races being added. It would also be a nice excuse to redo old zones as by the time Legion is over, it will likely be 7-8 years since Cataclysm.

Personally, I'd love an entire revamp to bring the Cata 1-60 experience consistent with the other expansions as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    RACE WAR! -Eric Cartman

OT: I wouldn't mind another Argent Tournament style daily system/quest hub

Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    So from what it looks like (I wasn't in the BETA) there's basically two main stories in Legion. The overall Story (Gul'Dan/Burning Legion/Etc...) and the class stories via the class order halls and artifacts.

I would love if the next expansion focused more on the races. IE Race Exclusive quests. Something that'd help drive the narrative for the races.

Few examples:
    Worgen and current status of Gil'Naes
    Blood Elfs and crowning a king, rebuilding silvermoon, cleansing the ghostlands now that the scourge has been dead for years
    Dwarves, the future of the council of 3 hammers & Dagran Thaurissan II (The supposid heir to the Dark Iron and Bronzebeards) Maybe what to do with Grim Batol now that it'd been cleared out, rebuild the big damn, etc...
    Draeni and whatever they've been doing for the past 10 years

Etc... Just some food for thought. I feel most people have a character of each race, if not it'd encourage new characters to be rolled.
    The way how you write Gilneas lol...

They should finall do something atleast with Gnomes, they got the least Story of all