Transmog roll in dungeons?

Hi there.
    (First, there are surely topics like this around, but i still made a new one since i did not find any, i'm sorry i am retarded!)

Since the pre-patch came out with the transmog collection option, i have been playing brand new characters, and as i progress in dungeons, i do notice that there are WAAAAY more people rolling need on almost everything blues, greens, hunters on intellect weapons, heirloom-people, whatever.
    I hate it
    My personal moral compass prohibits me to venture further with any group that does this, so i sadly do the only thing i can, leave the party . I am probably causing way more broken up dungeon groups as a healer/tank than i would like to. ( i do triple check people for possible upgrade rolls)

Am i a monster for breaking groups?
    What is the general consensus, the opinion of people here about rolls on transmog gear? what do you roll?

Deleted
    If I need something and can roll on it I NEED it. hows that not to understand?

We seem to have a different understanding what NEED means. The rest of your party probably does not give a F* if you NEED gold for sub.
    Just because you CAN, does not mean you SHOULD.

The majority of people are selfish (or gold farmers, or bots, whatever) and will roll need on most things regardless of actual need. It was always a crapshoot with regards to how many of those you get in a group and I doubt it has changed much if at all.

About the morality of it, while leveling, gear is meaningless. Needing it for transmog reasons is about as valid as needing it to equip it over the next half hour of play time. If anything, needing it for transmog is more valid, since it'll last forever and not just another level.

Personally, I consider "NEED" as "Will directly use it", which includes transmogs and upgrades, but does not include vendoring, disenchanting, etc for indirect usage.

Deleted
    Need if you want to use the item and it is an upgrade for your current role.

Disenchant if you want enchanting mats.

Greed for everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do kind of thing it'd be nice if there was an option above Greed/Disenchant in some way. It's so frustrating when an item drops on Need/Greed but the Need button is blacked out for you because it's not a mainspec drop... however the transmog is really nice or it'd make a nice offspec piece.... so you hit Greed then find out some bugger has picked D/E automatically without thinking, it gets turned to dust which, especially at lower levels, is nearly worthless anyway.

Or if they want to keep things simple, would be nice if items rolled for on DE wouldn't be dusted immediately but would get like a 1 hour timer on it and would be auto-dusted after the time expires, to give time to trade it or something if situation changes. Or it could be auto-dusted after leaving the party. It's annoying that when the item is dust, it's dust!

Isnt that what need is for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by temp123456 View Post
    We seem to have a different understanding what NEED means. The rest of your party probably does not give a F* if you NEED gold for sub. Just because you CAN, does not mean you SHOULD.
    Sorry but as long as I can roll need cause the button is enabled I am 100% allowed to roll need and do whatever I want with the item.
    Dont like the system? make your own group!

We seem to have a different understanding what NEED means. The rest of your party probably does not give a F* if you NEED gold for sub.
    Just because you CAN, does not mean you SHOULD.
    Play with guild mates or accept your in a pug. If someone can hit Need then its there right to need.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry but as long as I can roll need cause the button is enabled I am 100% allowed to roll need and do whatever I want with the item.
    Dont like the system? make your own group!
    Being allowed to do something does not exclude you from being a douche too.

I normally try to follow the Need/Greed thing, but if I notice that one player is needing everything - including greens - then I will make some comment about how everyone should roll need, and then I will do that.

Personally I do need on things for TMog, but I wait for the other people to roll to see if people actually need it for an ilvl upgrade first.

I know others don't follow the same moral guidelines as me though.

I thought personal loot was on by default if you weren't in a guild group since the patch, or am I mistaken?

Who gives a shit about low level dungeon stuff?
    You level that fast come back tomorrow and solo the dungeon to get what you missed......
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

How my guild handles loot: Main Spec > Off Spec > Transmogrification > Disenchant > Sell

Oh, you mean in low-level dungeons grouped with random people??? Roll however you want...

Deleted
    My definition of "need" roll varies depending on dungeon type:

-Current content: something that I can directly use and equip on my character (an upgrade)
    -Older content: transmog items (since the item stats do not matter anymore)

With the new xmog system the latter is now much wider because as a warrior or hunter I can need on just about any weapon that drops. Even if I won't directly mog it on my character. A side effect of account-wide things. Imagine how bad it would be if you could unlock everything (all armor types) on warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Personally I do need on things for TMog, but I wait for the other people to roll to see if people actually need it for an ilvl upgrade first.

I know others don't follow the same moral guidelines as me though.
    It is fine by my standard.
    The problem is when 2 people do this and they are stuck in an infinite wait loop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Play with guild mates or accept your in a pug. If someone can hit Need then its there right to need.
    it's gotta be worth the infraction to point out how appropriate it is that the person advocating being an asshole is illiterate as fuck.

It is fine by my standard.
    The problem is when 2 people do this and they are stuck in an infinite wait loop
    Well like a 2 minute wait loop before I just hit need so it doesn't auto pass on me.