Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can I play BG without Legion?

I read more about legion, it seems end game is more quest fest, tons dailies in broken isle, I hate quests, so it's not for me.

I just wonder if I don't get legion, but stay at 100, can I play BG with similar minded folks?

about BG brackets, it says:

"Players level-capped due to not having the next expansion, and those who have chosen to turn off experience gains through speaking to Behsten or Slahtz, will be placed together in separate brackets to other players."

so would folks like me who like pvp BG but don't like legion, pay subscription and play BG among ourselves? how does that work?

thanks

YOu are simply matched against other lvl 100 toons which are either twinked or simply did not upgrade to Legion xpac.

I shall warn you, the Qs time will be very, very long.

Honestly, you should suck it up, buy legion and ignore pve content(which is not remotely as you'd believe anyway) and just do pvp content or simply quit the game and consider for "alternative ways of playing wow".

Mind you, you can have a more then decent experience by just doing pvp in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    YOu are simply matched against other lvl 100 toons which are either twinked or simply did not upgrade to Legion xpac.

Honestly, you should suck it up, buy legion and ignore pve content(which is not remotely as you'd believe anyway) and just do pvp content or simply quit the game and consider for "alternative ways of playing wow".

Mind you, you can have a more then decent experience by just doing pvp in Legion.
    I am wondering isn't BG bracket 100-109? in that case I will be placed with 109 folks? or are we non-legion folks will be in our own bracket?

I have thought about playing BG only in legion, but have to go rated, and get high rating to get high enough ilvl boxes, otherwise the gear drop will suck (maybe 815 blues for unrated, not even comparable to heroic dungeons), not to mention without daily quests my artifact weapon/power will grow very slowly, that means I will not be competitive

Quote Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
    I am wondering isn't BG bracket 100-109? in that case I will be placed with 109 folks? or are we non-legion folks will be in our own bracket?
    You bracket in that case would be 100-100 ; hence the horrible Queue times unless some kind of lvl100 twink fashion happens.

I have thought about playing BG only in legion, but have to go rated, and get high rating to get high enough ilvl boxes, otherwise the gear drop will suck (maybe 815 blues for unrated, not even comparable to heroic dungeons), not to mention without daily quests my artifact weapon/power will grow very slowly, that means I will not be competitive
    Nonono it doesn't work like that.

The pvp system now is mostly based on stat template where you play with predetermined amount of stats (alas GW2 pvp,kinda) that will barely increase with higher ilevel (1% overall more stats every 10ilvl). So gear matters almost nothing at causal levels.

Random BG at 110 rewards with you with stuff similar to heroic dungeons and have a chance to be much better (warforged, titanforged). You can get very good gear (raiding level) once a week.

Ofc rated rewards you with better stuff. I think you should reconsider yourself on at least RBG because with some patience i think you gonna like them.

Buying Legion is much, MUCH better then trying to Q as a 100 waiting for other 19 twings to Q aswell while still paying for the subscription. Just think about playing with the new shiny toy (artifact ability) and the additional PVP talents, which frankly, are most of the time much better then PVE talents.

You bracket in that case would be 100-100 ; hence the horrible Queue times unless some kind of lvl100 twink fashion happens.

Nonono it doesn't work like that.

The pvp system now is mostly based on stat template where you play with predetermined amount of stats (alas GW2 pvp,kinda) that will barely increase with higher ilevel (1% overall more stats every 10ilvl). So gear matters almost nothing at causal levels.

Random BG at 110 rewards with you with stuff similar to heroic dungeons and have a chance to be much better (warforged, titanforged). You can get very good gear (raiding level) once a week.

Ofc rated rewards you with better stuff. I think you should reconsider yourself on at least RBG because with some patience i think you gonna like them.

Buying Legion is much, MUCH better then trying to Q as a 100 waiting for other 19 twings to Q aswell while still paying for the subscription. Just think about playing with the new shiny toy (artifact ability) and the additional PVP talents, which frankly, are most of the time much better then PVE talents.
    good to know there's 100 bracket for us who don't like the overhaul of pvp in legion, I have a feeling that bracket will be well populated lol. question: will the legion's changes apply to us as well? (like template, honor talent), do we get drop box? or it's WoD's way?

I never like quests let alone daily quests, I think they are child's play and pretty stupid, I usually just have to do them to get to 110, then do the BG's. I don't know how viable it's to just play BG to level up, skipping all questing?

I tried RBG before, but forming a group is pita, I don't know if there's ingame tool like LFG that will form RBG? haven't played wow for a long while.

good to know there's 100 bracket for us who don't like the overhaul of pvp in legion.
    The bracket is only a level bracket. You wont have the same pvp system as now, youl have Legions PVP system, minus the Honor Progression since that needs lv 110, but thats probably about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    The bracket is only a level bracket. You wont have the same pvp system as now, youl have Legions PVP system, minus the Honor Progression since that needs lv 110, but thats probably about it.
    so no honor or reward box win or lose?

10+ Year Old Account

Im playing 91-99 random bgs and qeueus are 5-7mins during Evening. During WOD 91-99 queues was about 3-4mins.

Also ppl with locked exp is now in same bracket with ppl who dont lock exp (not sure about those who dont buy Legion)

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Im playing 91-99 random bgs and qeueus are 5-7mins during Evening. During WOD 91-99 queues was about 3-4mins.

Also ppl with locked exp is now in same bracket with ppl who dont lock exp (not sure about those who dont buy Legion)
    but you bought Wod right? if you don't have wod you will be in your own bracket? I sure hope so
    I have a feeling with this biggest overhaul of pvp since vanilla, there will be tons of pvp players who won't upgrade to legion

but you bought Wod right? if you don't have wod you will be in your own bracket? I sure hope so
    I have a feeling with this biggest overhaul of pvp since vanilla, there will be tons of pvp players who won't upgrade to legion
    I wish I could agree with you, but in reality the old PVP-system isn't being left behind, it's removed. Sure you'll be able to play in that bracket, but any progression or grouping would be temporary at best. This is the biggest change to the PVP system we've seen since Vanilla, however there's no avoiding it. Pre-110 a PVP system essentially does not exist, aside from Marks of Honor for transmog gear. Unless you're just looking for a casual pug environment in that bracket, I don't think you'll find what you're looking for.

I do believe the lower Twink brackets will still exist to have a decent community though.

Deleted
    I read more about legion, it seems end game is more quest fest, tons dailies in broken isle, I hate quests, so it's not for me.

I just wonder if I don't get legion, but stay at 100, can I play BG with similar minded folks?

about BG brackets, it says:

"Players level-capped due to not having the next expansion, and those who have chosen to turn off experience gains through speaking to Behsten or Slahtz, will be placed together in separate brackets to other players."

so would folks like me who like pvp BG but don't like legion, pay subscription and play BG among ourselves? how does that work?

thanks
    Only thing you'll have by doing that is PvPing for the sake of it then, no rewards or honour talents. It wouldn't be 100-109 either so you'll not have the artifacts or anything. Better off just getting Legion spending a day or so getting to 110 then work it from there

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpark View Post
    I wish I could agree with you, but in reality the old PVP-system isn't being left behind, it's removed. Sure you'll be able to play in that bracket, but any progression or grouping would be temporary at best. This is the biggest change to the PVP system we've seen since Vanilla, however there's no avoiding it. Pre-110 a PVP system essentially does not exist, aside from Marks of Honor for transmog gear. Unless you're just looking for a casual pug environment in that bracket, I don't think you'll find what you're looking for.

I do believe the lower Twink brackets will still exist to have a decent community though.

the reason i don't plan to buy legion is I just lost hope in the new pvp, nothing can be customized, my toons will feel totally handicapped, no real gear progression to speak about (other than artifact weapon that's persistent grind to keep me paying), i might as well play counter-strike which is free, or Aion that's free too which I am downloading

but i do have a feeling about wow and BG, I have played on and off since its public beta, so I want to come back once in a while to casual BG for the good memories of 10+ years, how sad

World PvP at lvl 110 > Bg at LvL 100.

the reason i don't plan to buy legion is I just lost hope in the new pvp, nothing can be customized, my toons will feel totally handicapped, no real gear progression to speak about (other than artifact weapon that's persistent grind to keep me paying), i might as well play counter-strike which is free, or Aion that's free too which I am downloading

but i do have a feeling about wow and BG, I have played on and off since its public beta, so I want to come back once in a while to casual BG for the good memories of 10+ years, how sad
    My suggestion at this point would be to find another game to play. The aspect of the game you're looking for simply does not exist in WoW anymore.

I will say, your points towards customization and progression are a bit invalid. Aside from PVP gear, there was nothing else that contributed to that. Infact with the new talent system you have an entire tree dedicated to PVP, thats more than we've ever had in terms of customizaion.

As for PVP gear, as the end of the day everything was essentially a stat stick. Normalizing it and making all gear relevant helps in terms of accessibility. You no longer have to farm for days just so you can START to PVP.

In reality I think you should give it a try and look at the changes in a different perspective. It sounds like you dislike it just because you dont like change, no points you made have and solid ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Only thing you'll have by doing that is PvPing for the sake of it then, no rewards or honour talents. It wouldn't be 100-109 either so you'll not have the artifacts or anything. Better off just getting Legion spending a day or so getting to 110 then work it from there
    I hope for the old school bracket, we can get mark of honor and get the remaining last season gear, then all of us outcast can have some BG fun, without all the artifact crap, that's fine with me, I had fun with the old system. I hope blizzard will let us do that, it's extra revenue for them, why not?

if I buy legion, I just can't help myself to not go all out and stay on top of the game, that mean tons of quests which are the last thing I enjoy, I can do raids, dungeons, but just leveling up with quests I would almost throw up, and I read this about end game:

http://www.worldofmoudi.com/legion-endgame-world-quests

I was like wtf, I give up, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    World PvP at lvl 110 > Bg at LvL 100.
    lol, unless you are a raid tank, I have read 10 pvpers can't kill a raid tank with top raid gear in wpvp, that's not fun for me

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like questing then show some self restraint and just don't do them. Don't complain to us that have to do something you hate, because that is just not the case. But if you are thinking of staying 100 then you should unsub and find a new pvp game to fill your free time with.

7+ Year Old Account
    so would folks like me who like pvp BG but don't like legion, pay subscription and play BG among ourselves?
    if you want extreme imbalance among the classes and extreme queue times, go for it LOL
    Orc Warrior/Undead Priest/Undead Ruuge/???

Not linking my armory because i like to be anonymuuse, although if you need me you can normally find me here. Krieger !W79kXUqA/6

This isn't the case anymore. "XP Off" brackets are no longer a thing. Everyone queues together.

A person stuck at 100 will be in the 100-109 bracket and will be at a fairly strong disadvantage to the 109's, because your hit % against them will be quite low.

The best option IMO if you don't want to pay for Legion is to make some low level twinks instead. Low level PvP has way faster queues, with pops every few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    This isn't the case anymore. "XP Off" brackets are no longer a thing. Everyone queues together.

A person stuck at 100 will be in the 100-109 bracket and will be at a fairly strong disadvantage to the 109's, because your hit % against them will be quite low.

The best option IMO if you don't want to pay for Legion is to make some low level twinks instead. Low level PvP has way faster queues, with pops every few minutes.
    you mean non-legion will be in the same bracket as legion 100-109?

you mean non-legion will be in the same bracket as legion 100-109?
    Level capped never gets it's own bracket. I am not sure where people got that. When WoD came out people were twinking at 99 to play against the 90's that didn't upgrade. F2P 20's have to play against 29's. Etc.