Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    You literally misquoted me, you aren't being honest here, you are just ranting and raving, raging like a child.

You haven't played Legion, your opinion has no backing.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why did you misquote me ?
    How did I misquote you? I just noted how wrong you are. You know you're wrong, right? Isn't that why you are saying you are misquoted when clearly you were not ?

Garrisons were such a horrible feature that you cannot blame people from running away screaming at the sight of anything that even resembles it. With that in mind, it is a terrible idea for Blizzard to implement anything in Legion that in any way resembles garrisons, which the Order Halls most certainly do. It would not be surprising for people to take one look at the Order halls and worry that they will eventually turn into Garrison 3.0 after 2-3 months and unsub immediately.

They should have implemented something TOTALLY different that does not even hint at garrisons.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Because it takes one single aspect of the garrison, changes it and simplifies it, makes it less involved, and advances things in meaningful ways.

Basically, it isn't the same in anything more than a single aspect of one single part of the garrison experience. To think otherwise is to be willfully and stubbornly ignorant. More likely, it is to be trolling and still ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Garrisons were such a horrible feature that you cannot blame people from running away screaming at the sight of anything that even resembles it. With that in mind, it is a terrible idea for Blizzard to implement anything in Legion that in any way resembles garrisons, which the Order Halls most certainly do. It would not be surprising for people to take one look at the Order halls and worry that they will eventually turn into Garrison 3.0 after 2-3 months and unsub immediately.

They should have implemented something TOTALLY different that does not even hint at garrisons.
    i'm in the beta and it's fine, you aren't doing them constantly and the gold missions aren't really worth doing

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    i'm in the beta and it's fine, you aren't doing them constantly and the gold missions aren't really worth doing
    The thing is, even if it IS fine, I think a lot of players will worry it will turn into garrisons later on.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The thing is, even if it IS fine, I think a lot of players will worry it will turn into garrisons later on.
    And those worries would have little weight. Blizzard has shown in the Legion Beta that they've learned from the mistakes they made with Garrison implementation.

From my understanding, OHs don't provide any in-game monetary benefits. No gold, no profession mat etc. What they do is they provide benefit to your overall gaming experience (followers, artifact power scale etc...). So they are kinda mandatory unless you really don't care for much in WoW but their benefits are totally wasted on your character if you don't go out in the world.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You talk a whole lot of nothing and cherry pick arguments to refute with...nothing. There are multiple references and sources to draw on if you're looking for positives and why this expansion will potentially better than the last 3, of course with the acknowledgement that we won't be able to tell for sure till we're halfway into it at least. But you're not really looking for positives, you're just looking to bitch so carry on looking like one.

Can we just ban the OP lol? He's clearly trolling and trying to be inflammatory

10+ Year Old Account
    I even wanted to spend more time in my class hall (I think the pally one was super cool) but there just isn't any reason to. It's just like Blizzard has said, you pop in, check your missions, grab some new recruits if you need them, grab your artifact knowledge if it's up and change your weapon if you need then leave. Not even close to how Garrisons were, being where you spent 90-100% of your time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Can we just ban the OP lol? He's clearly trolling and trying to be inflammatory
    Yup. The difference between garrisons and order hall is so big, that anyone who actually played Legion beta wouldn't say stuff like that.
    It is clearly a troll.

Play the goddamn Beta.

Class halls are garrisons SHOULD have been. Community gathering space, perks of followers, and story driven purpose as a solid main quest post 110. Pretty simple.

The garrisons' biggest problem was how overbearing and overpowering it was to any other aspect of WoD. Putting so much control and so many resources and management to get lucrative benefits out of it (gold, raid gear, etc.) sounds like a good idea on paper, yet now we know it can horribly dilute everything and makes it feel like a chore more than anything else.

As long as the Order Halls aren't so overbearing and extensive, and don't make you feel like you're chained down to them every hour, it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    Mission table and followers say repeating nonsense like this is the dumb.

They are following the worst expansion with an even worse expansion. Seriously.
    So just because YOU don't like garrisons or order halls you decided this is "even worse expansion"? try to play it first and than complain if you still feel the same.
    a tip for life, be less dramatic, you'll live longer and healthier.

In your first hours of playing beta you quickly find out how un-like garrisons class halls are.
    The missions work nothing like garrison missions. The class hall is not where you hang out. There is no reason to stay there, at all. It's simply unlike the garrison.
    You'll find out yourself, though, if you haven't played beta. Like, day one.

Deleted
    Garrisons were an absolutely terrible game play addition attached to a gigantic content drought. They think more garrison/farm is great content, despite all the overwhelming feed back that it was one of the worst things ever. They think a third rendition is a good idea. It's not. It is the actual single point reason wow lost millions of players in 2015. They don't have millions more to lose.

Legion will be the end of wow. Because order halls, artifact weapons and a competently fail pvp development team. They killed it all. Every aspect of the game.
    You shouldn't put farm in same group.

Farm was completely optional, it affected only cooking profession. People didn't get gold from it, they got cooking ingredients. It wasn't dumb click and wait, players needed to do stuff at farm. Think of it as daily profession cooldown for cooking with a bit of mini game attached to it, then you realize how crap actual profession cooldowns are compared to farm. It was a fun optional mini game.

But yep, garrisons were an absolutely terrible game play. Single player hubs, mission tables that didn't involve any actual game play rewarding gold for simply logging in every 8-12 hours, self reliance for all professions, all professions were replaced by dumb generic daily cooldowns, it even removed gathering professions from world. There are no redeeming qualities for that pile of crap. It does not belong to MMO or RPG, yet someone at Blizzard decided it was a good central feature for entire expansion.

Can't say anything about order halls. We'll see. But whatever it will be, it won't be as bad as garrisons because its only a small part of garrisons.

We'll just have to wait and see where they go with it and I hope they don't expand on the order hall mission table too much, there's no real need to be there constantly and I would personally like it to remain that way.

With that said I can understand how some people would be skeptical upon seeing that mission table for the first time and thinking "oh fuck here we go again".

Damn you all almost rustled my jimmies into I realized you are clearly just baiting arguments. Top Trolling.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mission table and followers say repeating nonsense like this is the dumb.

They are following the worst expansion with an even worse expansion. Seriously.
    Myeah. Speaking of "dumb"..

Deleted
    Guys I think you should relax :-)
    well I played beta a lot and I have to say Order Halls are not garrisons. Basically you can do only few thing there:
    1. Send a missions (you are very limited by 5 champions e.g. you wont be able to send more than 2-3 missions). Mission duration is quite high on 110 usually around 1-2 days.
    2. do artefact knownledge research - once per 5 days
    3. upgrade artifact weapon (when you have enough artifact power)
    4. do a order hall research - limited - 5 tiers of research on really long CD (last tier research takes 14 days)
    5. recruit troops / champion equipment (if you have it researched)
    usually I logged off in class hall next day logged in send 1-2 mission and went to the world to do world quest. Approx. time spend there every day is about 3 mins.