Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Or you could demand change from the government, which is how democracy works.
    Among first world countries, the US has the biggest problem with cops, or is it just a coincidence?

- - - Updated - - -

80Million is a medium US state?

lol

Even per capita Germany is doing way better.
    Was thinking more area and more about Texas, but /shrug.

Also, I'll personally be more worried about being shot when it is the 70s again:

Found something else before sleep, matches up with most graphs I can find.

Last edited by Mesoforte; 2016-08-24 at 01:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    or cause euros always act this retarded and its easily predicted. how them REFUGEES doing brothers? can't wait, give it 10-20 more years, oh man i cant wait. the tears are gonna be fucking delicious!
    In 20 years chances are you'll be long dead from a preventable/treatable disease your awesome health insurance won't cover ;P

Btw if we're both enjoying the exchange it's not nation bashing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Okay? I still never said the officer nor the guy was at fault, at the time we didn't have many details what but woulda thunk, as more time passes more and more details surface. Do you take me for some tumblrina activist that always thinks the cops did something wrong? Well, of course you do I don't know why I'm asking but I'm just letting you know that you're wrong.

You still never found a quote of me calling the cop "out for blood".
    You know what? Apologies. I swear I've seen you argue in favor of the idea that cops are purposefully hunting down/killing people. Mixed in with a lot of people stepping in to call this an execution or go on about killer cops and shit blurs together.

Honestly, I'm looking sideways at people that didn't find it odd for a man to miss police lights for 8 miles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Police in Canada randomly shot a believed terroist...No big outburst about that
    The fact that said terrorist was armed with a bomb may have something to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    People complaining should join the police force. Change things from inside.
    That is more likely to result in them getting shot and left for dead or locked in a psych ward than actually affecting any change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesoforte View Post
    Found something else before sleep, matches up with most graphs I can find.

This graph is rather dishonest for comparison purposes. It includes all officers who died, not those killed. The former includes things like heart attacks or them crashing their cars/motorcycles.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

13 pages of speculation and bitching when no real information has been released. None of you have a single clue what you're talking about. I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong, because there's no way for us to know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    victimless crime vs crime with a victim
    You must never had a friend of family drug user if you say it's victimless.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2016-11-05 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    This graph is rather dishonest for comparison purposes. It includes all officers who died, not those killed. The former includes things like heart attacks or them crashing their cars/motorcycles.
    Indeed, take 2013 for example which is listed at 105 Line of duty deaths, according to the FBI report for 2013 "only" 76 officers died on the line of duty that year, and 27 of these were felonious deaths where all but one was caused by firearms, the other 49 were accidental deaths.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field...-and-assaulted
    https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field...-and-assaulted

Deleted
    Germany is the size of some of the US states.

On shootings, a large portion of US states range 0-9, while some of states are in the range of 11-22. The highest states are 26-95, but those are only 5 states out of 50 and all but Oklahoma and Florida would count as border states.

Germany has about 80 million people. The UK has ~64 million

The United states has 318 million people.

Germany and the UK have stricter gun laws, and a don't have a history of gangs, drug smuggling and other things that the US very much has.
    You can easily check data per capita if that makes you happy.
    Anyway, Germany and the UK have gangs, drugs, smuggling, all that shit.
    They just don't have hundreds of millions of guns.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Really? REALLY?

Police shoots man, must have done something wrong if he shot him!

In Denmark, police may be trained incredibly well to never use deadly force unless absolutely necessary, but here in the US deadly force is often a go-to solution for under-trained cops in situations where nothing particularly wrong happened, they're just feeling trigger happy.
    I meant that the police must have done something wrong if he shot him. He had no weapon, he was not a threat, and he was lethally shot.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It says an encounter took place. Doesn't everyone know you don't get out of your car unless the officer ask? Second, Deaf or not, do people drive miles without even glancing in their rear-view mirror? I am always aware of the cars around me, probably why I never been involved in an accident since I was 17, which wasn't my fault.
    That's what I was thinking too. So what he's deaf, cop cars have flashing lights that are extremely bright and noticeable to the point you can't miss them.

"An altercation occurred" could literally be anything from the guy tried doing sign language to reaching behind his back to lurching for the cop, we don't know.

Just because you're deaf doesn't mean you automatically are a victim.

Deleted
    Leftover money "will be used to set up a foundation in his name to educate and provide law enforcement proper training on how to confront deaf people,"

you mean, not shoot on someone who doesn't have a weapon ? Because it seems they have a happy trigger finger.. typical retarded american <_< that's really sad
    Last edited by mmoc66c23760c6; 2016-08-24 at 11:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deathpote View Post
    Leftover money "will be used to set up a foundation in his name to educate and provide law enforcement proper training on how to confront deaf people,"

you mean, not shoot on someone who doesn't have a weapon ? typical retarded american.. that's really sad
    I found the solution.

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    Germany and the UK have stricter gun laws, and a don't have a history of gangs, drug smuggling and other things that the US very much has.
    Yep, there is no organized crime in Germany nor the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I can't comment on the shooting without knowing why he was shot but even deaf, wouldn't you still see the sirens behind you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Should deaf people be allowed to drive? Hearing sirens is kinda important.
    Not to be pedantic, but you see the lights and hear the sirens. Kind of like you hear thunder but see lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I have heard that people with partly damaged hearing can drive, but i never heard of completely 100% deaf people being allowed to drive.
    Varies from country to country.

And yes, in the vast majority of EU countries the police will NOT shoot on sight/hand twitch/loud farting.
    Not only because 99% of civilians have no weapons, but also because many cops do not have lethal guns.
    You'd be surpriesed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    With less than 1/4 of the population of the US. And from what I understand the Germans have the some of the strictest gun laws in the world. So their population isn't carrying at near the rate the US is. But let's go ahead and pretend we are comparing apples to apples and not apples to a water buffalo
    You you are saying it is because there are too many guns in the US?

- - - Updated - - -

how often do german police get shot at as compared to american police?
    So the civillians in the US are more agressive? Wouldn't that make them less civilized?

Until the video from the dash cam/body camera is released its all speculation at this point. They do make sirens that are deeper in tone so you can often even "feel" them or at least hear them easier if you've got your music blasting. Another valid point is, who drives several miles and doesn't notice flashing lights behind them? Granted this is no reason to shoot someone so until the facts come out there is very little to go off of. I do think that something may have transpired but at the end of the day if no weapons were found on the individual it sounds like the cop used unreasonable force even if he was attacked. Someone comes at you with their fists you can tase/mace them, knife/gun/blunt object that's different ball game.

we need to know if Americans attack police at higher rates then in Germany so knowing how many people that us cops shoot because they where armed and attracting them is kinda an important factor.
    What about those who were shot because they were armed in Germany, do we get to subtract those too?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelin View Post
    Until the video from the dash cam/body camera is released its all speculation at this point. They do make sirens that are deeper in tone so you can often even "feel" them or at least hear them easier if you've got your music blasting. Another valid point is, who drives several miles and doesn't notice flashing lights behind them? Granted this is no reason to shoot someone so until the facts come out there is very little to go off of. I do think that something may have transpired but at the end of the day if no weapons were found on the individual it sounds like the cop used unreasonable force even if he was attacked. Someone comes at you with their fists you can tase/mace them, knife/gun/blunt object that's different ball game.
    Well it depends what happened but if he attacked the cop then I think it's validation to shoot him because he could have wrestled the gun from the officer and shot him with his own gun, it wouldn't be the first time that has happened.