Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    The Xbox One on the other hand, has ALWAYS been $25 for 3 months and $50-60 for 12 months. They aren't fucking people over, now are they? It's the fucking greedstation. Get your head out your ass.
    Your argument literally makes no sense.

"Microsoft has always charged $60 for a yearlong sub to XBL, it's fine!"
    "Sony is increasing the price from $50 to $60 for a yearlong sub to PS+, HOW DARE THE SCREW CONSUMERS LIKE THIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

"Sony is increasing the price from $50 to $60 for a yearlong sub to PS+, HOW DARE THE SCREW CONSUMERS LIKE THIS!"
    I don't know about the US but they are definitely screwing over Canada. $50 to $60 I would be fine with but $50 to $70 is the biggest rip off since Amazon prime (Canada doesn't get Amazon's streaming service).

Buy some $49.99 year long subscriptions before the price goes up. That's the same price as in the US which means we've been getting the better deal for a long time with the exchange rate.

I called my local EB and they have 60+ cards at the old price still.

Doesn't fucking matter, guess what, it's more expensive in Canada. I've heard a shit load of people are pissed off about the price being raised. The Xbox One on the other hand, has ALWAYS been $25 for 3 months and $50-60 for 12 months. They aren't fucking people over, now are they? It's the fucking greedstation. Get your head out your ass.
    I had to disagree here on them "being greedy".

PS3 had completely free online gameplay while Xbox 360 charged.

PS Plus was added as free games monthly plus other features, and then when the PS4 rolled around, they included online play in that, while Microsoft eventually got around to including free games monthly (Also lets not forget for a while you had to pay for Xbox Live just to use Netflix).

If you want a modern situation example too, Microsoft still makes you shell out extra just for rechargeable controllers.

It does make me a little sad, people always tend to just see red though when it comes to paying for online services, DLC, or microtransactions.

Great. They want more money

Doesn't fucking matter, guess what, it's more expensive in Canada. I've heard a shit load of people are pissed off about the price being raised. The Xbox One on the other hand, has ALWAYS been $25 for 3 months and $50-60 for 12 months. They aren't fucking people over, now are they? It's the fucking greedstation. Get your head out your ass.
    Doesn't change the fact until this changes Xbox pay more so your argument has 0 logic. Literally what Edge said.

"Xbox have always charged what Sony are increasing to so that is fine"

"Sony are increasing to the same price as Xbox, OMG RAGE".

You are trying to make Sony look greedy when until now you have had to pay more to play online in most territories with the let's call it "Greedbox one" . Also in the previous gen which one charged for online play out of the so called "greedstation" and Xbox 360? Oh yeah the Xbox.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I don't know about the US but they are definitely screwing over Canada. $50 to $60 I would be fine with but $50 to $70 is the biggest rip off since Amazon prime (Canada doesn't get Amazon's streaming service).
    Canada really doesn't have it well when it comes to games and streaming and pretty much their dollar do they?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-24 at 09:17 AM.

1 year subs have been around 44$ for xbox live on amazon for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    1 year subs have been around 44$ for xbox live on amazon for a while now.
    Oh yeah we meant like their official store ones. Of course you would never buy from there since as you said it's cheaper on Amazon.

I never understood why console players are willing to pay to use the internet that they already pay for. Sony and Microsoft make enough money that they can maintain their own servers and this is just a money grab on their behalf. Mo' money is Yo' problems.

I have a friend that has been wanting to play Destiny with me and he said last week, "It's too bad you didn't dig destiny, I would like to of played that with you." and I said, "Dude, it isn't Destiny, if it was on PC I would be right there with you right now. It is that I don't want to pay Xbox $50 a year to use the internet that I already pay for. and it isn't on PC." and he agreed with me as to my reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ps+ multiplayer online feature was tacked on so people would have to subscribe to it. Nintendo doesn't do this shit - they don't need the money to run the servers for online it's just a money grab.

Honestly PS+ psn and all that should just be an all in one feature. The fact that they break it up then charge for it is dumb.

The whole thing is dumb. It's still 5$ a month which is good but it's all dumb.
    yep. this.

except, I fell the same about xbox gold. neither of them need it. xbox just tacked it on earlier than Sony did, but its still players being charged becasue they can, not because its actualy needed to run multiplayer.

I have no problem with microtransactions. they tend to be optional. I have an issue with some of the DLC practices, but again - in the end its still optional. PS plus and xbox gold? are not optional if you want to do multiplayer at all.

just because its a cost of a burger a month - doesn't make it ok. doesn't mean I can't be annoyed about it. oh well. I'll just resist multiplayer on consoles a little better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I never understood why console players are willing to pay to use the internet that they already pay for. Sony and Microsoft make enough money that they can maintain their own servers and this is just a money grab on their behalf. Mo' money is Yo' problems.

I have a friend that has been wanting to play Destiny with me and he said last week, "It's too bad you didn't dig destiny, I would like to of played that with you." and I said, "Dude, it isn't Destiny, if it was on PC I would be right there with you right now. It is that I don't want to pay Xbox $50 a year to use the internet that I already pay for. and it isn't on PC." and he agreed with me as to my reasoning.
    Lack of choice. Both XBL and PSN is a walled garden in relation to PC, there is no other choice if you want online at all while being a console gamer.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Uh, i'm not talking about us, I'm talking about the canadians. I'm fine paying for it here because i'm not worried about my money but i'm for the people. Canadians are being fucked over. What part of that can't you see? $70 bucks for a year in Canada is outrageous. That's literally someones phone bill or water bill depending on the area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It does make me a little sad, people always tend to just see red though when it comes to paying for online services, DLC, or microtransactions.
    No, they are becoming greedy, it's just people are too blind to see that. Sony knows the PS4 is THE only thing keeping them alive because everything else they put out there is pure shit. They're on their last leg, so this is more than likely them trying to squeeze that little bit of money out of everyone's wallet.

No, they are becoming greedy, it's just people are too blind to see that. Sony knows the PS4 is THE only thing keeping them alive because everything else they put out there is pure shit. They're on their last leg, so this is more than likely them trying to squeeze that little bit of money out of everyone's wallet.
    Uh...what?

This truly sounds more like you just not liking them rather than using actual information. Nowhere have I ever seen Sony being on their last legs. And yet again, before they kept the price the same as they tacked on an extra feature, if they were greedy, that would of been the time to increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. for me, I prefer console gaming. So I really don't have a choice in it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the email they send you where its starts with "Dear valued Playstation Plus member" lol. It should read like this...

"Dear valued moron, we've decided to raise the subscription fee by 10 dollars to fuck even further in the ass. Have a nice day."

I just think its funny that PSN has went from being free, to 50 a month to now 60 a month. They know they can get away with it too because they have legions of sony losers on the internet ready to damage control everything for them. Microsoft used to get shit for years about the 60 dollars a month yet now that Sony has it, the losers think its okay.

Sony can't do no wrong. It's insane how biased the internet, gaming news sites and gamestop employees are when it comes to Sony.

Sony and Microsoft make enough money that they can maintain their own servers and this is just a money grab on their behalf.
    If a company isn't looking for more ways to make a profit then as a company they are pretty much dumb. There is no such thing as "Making enough money."

As for the price increase it could be for any reason. Changes in worth of Yen, new costs for running servers or whatever. But no company ever is going to say "You know what, with the increased costs we've got this."

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Uh...what?

This truly sounds more like you just not liking them rather than using actual information. Nowhere have I ever seen Sony being on their last legs. And yet again, before they kept the price the same as they tacked on an extra feature, if they were greedy, that would of been the time to increase.
    What he said does have some truth to it.

PS+ and Ps4 has put sony in the black since all there other departments (Besides maybe movies) was bleeding them. They was in the red for quite awhile and they have sold off most of the dead weight.

Also

My problem isn't the price increase itself, Its the quality that comes with it. The current quality of PSN does not justify the price increase at all...IMO

They didn't even try to coat some reasons into it. They just went "its now $60 a year deal with it".
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-24 at 10:18 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Also
    *snipped video*
    Did he have anything of value to say? I've heard a few of his videos and he always comes off like a ranting, raving manchild. Do my best to avoid him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They didn't even try to coat some reasons into it. They just went "its now $60 a year deal with it".
    Would you have rather they tried to pretend this was somehow going to benefit the consumer by sugarcoating it with a load of bullshit? Because I'd be money that if they did this thread would have been mostly criticizing Sony for trying to sugarcoat the price increase with bullshit : P

Did he have anything of value to say? I've heard a few of his videos and he always comes off like a ranting, raving manchild. Do my best to avoid him now.

Would you have rather they tried to pretend this was somehow going to benefit the consumer by sugarcoating it with a load of bullshit? Because I'd be money that if they did this thread would have been mostly criticizing Sony for trying to sugarcoat the price increase with bullshit : P
    He stated his opinion like anyone else, I can't tell u if there is value only u can decide that.

Ya I would to be honest, because the service has been lackluster on ps4. Its down weekly and most of the "Free Games" have been indie titles. Hell even I think it was back in June and July both indie games was the same type of game. Is there a gem every now and then sure (FURI is awesome). But its game lineup has been super lackluster even more so compared to vita and ps3.

Hell I would be happy if we got a ps2 on ps4 game for it. So sorry I'm not ok with charging more for the same, If WoW went to $20 a month and it stayed at the level of WOD would u be ok with it?

Look I get it, its all a matter of opinion. My opinion is the service lacks compared to XBL so don't charge me XBL price. To be honest XBL and PS+ is bullshit to begin with, Sony doesn't run the servers for the games and shouldn't be charging me to play them.

I know many people didn't care for it but why hasn't Knack been a PS+ title or Killzone Shadowfall? I mean FFS they literally gave us a demo awhile back for PS+ (MGSV: Ground Zone).

I will throw money at Netflix because they keep improving there quality of service. I can't say the same for PS+.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-24 at 10:53 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Have loosely been following the conversation...and I will agree with JT that it's a ridiculous change since the service from top to bottom is completely inferior to xbox live in terms of features and overall quality. Which is saying a lot since XBL on XB1 is a complete step back from what we got on XB360.

However the narrative doesn't seem to be much more than constant complaints. I personally think raising the price to $60 is perfectly acceptable...but please for the love of god increase the quality of the service. I mean shit...Killzone and Knack both haven't been part of PS+ three years later? Are they really going to lose so much money by including either of those? I mean shit..I just got Mortal Kombat X and The Last of Us(again) for $5 each at my local Walmart....and driveclub was $5 as well...so I may pick that up too.