Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    So you're a fan of the prison industrial complex and the way we shuffle prisoners through just to bring them right back to prison when they reoffend because it's incredibly difficult to adapt back to normal life?
    They couldnt adapt before prison yet you think they should adapt after?

I am not a fan of not trying when it is warranted. Drugs for example, or theft, but rapists are not thieves. There was no necessity to their crime, and nothing to learn. They thought it was totally okay before prison and in most cases there is nothing you can do to change that. Nor should the fact that punishment is still valid be forgotten.

I love these buzzwords though. Prison industrial complex. Man that makes you sound smart. If you bother looking rape was an executable offense in the US. In 1778 Jefferson changed it to castration, yet here we are wanting to "fix" these men with feelings instead. Why do you have so much concern for them is the real question. No one here can answer that. It is as if you are all afraid that any girl mit just claim rape and you would end up in prion for life, eithout realizing thst really doesnt happen, especially not compared to the number of rapists that arent even reported. Assuage your fears and you might see why these people dont deserve a second of your defense, unless you two are the type of peron that think "girls ask for it" or that you have some right to be a woman who doesnt want you there.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    She has RAPED him of a future.
    Peak hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Who isn't showing compassion to the victim in this case? Is the ONLY way these girls can move on with their lives is if this kid is sent to prison for years? They can't possibly go on without this?

Can we not force him to stay away from them, put him on probation, make him attend sex offenders classes while offering them counseling and showing them we as a society feel their pain and don't condone what he did to them ?
    I applaud how much your heart bleeds. Who do we imprison then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Peak hyperbole.
    Whole lotta edge there huh.

Peak hyperbole.
    If me checking out a girls clothes covered ass on the subway is rape, the this clearly counts as well.

If me checking out a girls clothes covered ass on the subway is rape, the this clearly counts as well.
    Which isn't rape sooooo.

Comparing child support to a violent and dehumanizing assault is basically peak internet retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    I applaud how much your heart bleeds. Who do we imprison then?

- - - Updated - - -

Whole lotta edge there huh.
    Criminals. Duh....

but I also have no issue with a judge using his common sense to dole out punishments he sees fit a given crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Which isn't rape sooooo.

Comparing child support to a violent and dehumanizing assault is basically peak internet retarded.
    It was clearly a reference to Internet feminists who blog about it being rape.

And a 15 year old child being raped and then forced to pay child support as a result of that rape, may not be rape, but it is kinda fucked up.

It was clearly a reference to Internet feminists who blog about it being rape. .
    Yeah, I'm aware of the usual shit posting.

And a 15 year old child being raped and then forced to pay child support as a result of that rape, may not be rape, but it is kinda fucked up
    And also a pretty serious goal shift from what I said.

Yeah, I'm aware of the usual shit posting.

And also a pretty serious goal shift from what I said.
    Thats was his original post was about.... She raped him of a future. Which you said was hyperbole

They couldnt adapt before prison yet you think they should adapt after?

I am not a fan of not trying when it is warranted. Drugs for example, or theft, but rapists are not thieves. There was no necessity to their crime, and nothing to learn. They thought it was totally okay before prison and in most cases there is nothing you can do to change that. Nor should the fact that punishment is still valid be forgotten.

I love these buzzwords though. Prison industrial complex. Man that makes you sound smart. If you bother looking rape was an executable offense in the US. In 1778 Jefferson changed it to castration, yet here we are wanting to "fix" these men with feelings instead. Why do you have so much concern for them is the real question. No one here can answer that. It is as if you are all afraid that any girl mit just claim rape and you would end up in prion for life, eithout realizing thst really doesnt happen, especially not compared to the number of rapists that arent even reported. Assuage your fears and you might see why these people dont deserve a second of your defense, unless you two are the type of peron that think "girls ask for it" or that you have some right to be a woman who doesnt want you there.
    Are you seriously trying to defend your belief based on what they did in the 18th century? Things were like that because of ignorance, they didn't have any kind of psychology or sociological study. Then again, as I said, you seem to want to remain ignorant since you felt you had to claim it was 'genetic'. Either you don't know what 'genetic' means or you are painfully unaware of genetic study. However, I'll give you a chance, go ahead and find me a peer-reviewed, scientific study that has found the 'rape gene', I'll wait. You also show your ignorance in pretending that 'prison industrial complex' is a buzzword and not a reality of life. When you have for-profit prisons you are incentivized into underhanded deals, poor treatment of prisoners, and imprisoning of as many people as possible to maximize profits. Hell, you even admit that you don't think drug offenses should be met with jail time and yet you're here pretending the complex is non-existent?

You can also fuck off with your questioning of my motives an some attempt to undermine me. Yes, false accusations are part of it. There's also the fact that we have an imperfect justice system and wrongful imprisonment is bound to happen. There's also the fact that, yes, people make mistakes, sometimes awful mistakes. I suppose you think every murderer is a monster who would happily kill again if given the opportunity? Do you just ignore crimes of passion (or crimes like manslaughter)? It also matters because you can judge a country based on its treatment of prisoners. It sounds to me like you don't want justice, you want vengeance. They are already serving the sentence, why are you so intent on adding more punishment when the court has already reached their sentence?

Thats was his original post was about.... She raped him of a future. Which you said was hyperbole
    And even then, you're its a pants on head stupid comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    ...See here's the really funny thing.

If a guy gets drunk and fucks a girl, and she gets pregnant, and wants to keep it. He's on the hook for life. Financially etc.

She has RAPED him of a future.

But that's not illegal, in fact, there's little recourse for him to not be financially screwed.

In fact, this one woman, had sex with a guy when he was 15, they got found out, it later turns out she's pregnant, has a child, and when he's like 21-22, working as a doctor or something, the state wants THOUSANDS of dollars of Child Support. FROM HIM.

That's a future, an entire future of hopes, dreams, soul searching, put on hold because a woman decided to have a child without his consent.

Yet the common knowledge is 'Don't stick your dick in crazy.' or 'It's your fault for getting her pregnant.'

Now I'm not saying that's worse than a woman being raped, I'm just saying, there are equivalent situations and challenges to both sexes. But only in the male scenarios are personal responsibilities looked at.

Let me put it this way, a woman never deserves to be raped or sexually assaulted. Just as a person never deserves to be hit by a car.

Yet if you drink to the point where you put yourself in harms way, like getting wasted and running in front of heavy traffic, regardless of the fault of harm, you still had a part in it.
    So in your analogy who is the rapists dick, the car or the drunk person in traffic.

I mean seriously, if you truly were assaulted I am deeply sorry for you, but how can you possibly hold sucha view? Why is not punishing criminals a thing anymore? If this is being progressive then fuck no please.

- - - Updated - - -

Criminals. Duh....

but I also have no issue with a judge using his common sense to dole out punishments he sees fit a given crime.

- - - Updated - - -

It was clearly a reference to Internet feminists who blog about it being rape.

And a 15 year old child being raped and then forced to pay child support as a result of that rape, may not be rape, but it is kinda fucked up.
    Explain how rape is a feminist/sjw position when throughout history, all across the globe, rapists have been dealt with severe penalties such as castration and death. I think you are completely confused about who holds the "progressive" viewpoint here.

Also if rapists arent criminals, as all that historical evidence would lead one to believe, then who is, outside of murderers? Those CEO with their massive bonuses they RAPE from the honest laborer?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Raping 2 girls while they are unconscious is not a mistake this little shit needs to spend some time in prison where he might get the same treatment those 2 girls got.
    The chances are on him being a better man after jail time is next to NOTHING.

In fact it will be worse, he got in as a rapist, and he gets out (after serving time of course) as a potential Murderer as well as a rapist.

Jail is not for people to turn over a new leaf, it is not to correct people, because it hardly works. There are people who gets out and be a good man, but not likely.

Jail should be the very very VERY last resort for a Judge to sentence. Once your in jail, you are pretty much fucked up for life....or doomed forever. It takes alot of willpower to handle it. I know a guy who went to Maximum Security Prison (false accusation on him, found innocent though) for 3 weeks. It took him almost everything to not go insane. Just 3 weeks. Do you know how much mental damage jail can cause to a person (ESPECIALLY if falsely accused).

Alot. It can destroy one's personality permanently.

So in your analogy who is the rapists dick, the car or the drunk person in traffic.

I mean seriously, if you truly were assaulted I am deeply sorry for you, but how can you possibly hold sucha view? Why is not punishing criminals a thing anymore? If this is being progressive then fuck no please.

- - - Updated - - -

Explain how rape is a feminist/sjw position when throughout history, all across the globe, rapists have been dealt with severe penalties such as castration and death. I think you are completely confused about who holds the "progressive" viewpoint here.

Also if rapists arent criminals, as all that historical evidence would lead one to believe, then who is, outside of murderers? Those CEO with their massive bonuses they RAPE from the honest laborer?
    I never brought up SJW or progressives or progressive viewpoints. I think you may have me confused with someone else.

And he IS being punished. You just don't agree with the punishment. You feel it was too light. I feel that in this specific case, this sentence was better than the current alternative. Solve the issues with the current prison/justice system, and I would be ok with him serving time. But as it stands, I personally don't feel this specific kid would be better served with prison then probation and counseling.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't mean to victim blame, this is a case that highlights a problem in the US.

We've set our drinking age at 21, well after a person is considered an adult for most other purposes. At the same time, as far as I can tell, high school continues to be built up to be a time to press limits, party hard, and get ready to be adults while still being somewhat protected.

You'll note that I just said "as far as I can tell, high school continues to be..." There was a time when our drinking age was lower, I drank legally at 17. Those who are not American, or who have grown up with 21 as the minimum legal drinking age, might want to skim through https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...inking_Age_Act

To bring this back to the case at hand, we've let getting drunk be a rite of passage. Basically, we have a law that says we need a higher drinking age because high school students are too young and dumb to handle alcohol. We then continue to be surprised or outraged when drunken teenagers do stupid things. That the victims in this case were drunk does not justify sexual assault, but it explains a problem the legal system faces. We try an 18 year old as an adult, even in situations where we do not count them as an adult.

Becker, the victims and another friend stayed at the house and helped clean. After they finished, one of the victims said, both girls went into an upstairs bedroom -one requiring assistance walking up the stairs-, and Becker later came in to talk, before they all fell asleep in the same bed. Each reported waking up to Becker sexually assaulting them.

In a text message to one of the victims the next day, Becker apologized for the assault, court records show. The victim responded with a text telling Becker "don't even worry about it," but later told police that she said this because "she did not know what else to say," Ingalls' police report states.
    Source: http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s..._sex_assa.html

Later on:
    One of the two victims provided a victim impact statement saying that she did not believe jail time is necessary, Leydon said in an email.
    The whole thing is a legal mess.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I never brought up SJW or progressives or progressive viewpoints. I think you may have me confused with someone else.

And he IS being punished. You just don't agree with the punishment. You feel it was too light. I feel that in this specific case, this sentence was better than the current alternative. Solve the issues with the current prison/justice system, and I would be ok with him serving time. But as it stands, I personally don't feel this specific kid would be better served with prison then probation and counseling.
    Does this follow for every violent crime or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And people get more shit for weed?
    Damn, people get even more for downloading games.

Does this follow for every violent crime or no?
    Clearly. I never said this specific case or this specific kid. Every violent crime ever should be met with counseling and probation.

Deleted
    Well hey people often criticize the US justice system for being too punitive rather than rehabilitating people?

Are rapists a special exception?

As far as I'm concerned he should spend a good amount of time behind bars, 10 years minimum.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-08-24 at 05:48 AM.

Clearly. I never said this specific case or this specific kid. Every violent crime ever should be met with counseling and probation.
    This is a joke right? You really think what is wrong with violent criminals is something a counselor can fix? Your ego must keep you from passing through some pretty large doors.

This is a joke right? You really think what is wrong with violent criminals is something a counselor can fix? Your ego must keep you from passing through some pretty large doors.
    It was sarcasm aimed at Wells idioticly useless and rhetorical post. I clearly DID say this specific case and this specific kid.