Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by igibum View Post
    Please blizz, ban idiots who post 500 stacks of 1 of any herb, ore or cloth...
    It's not so much of a problem they overload AH, not even ppl need to click 500 times to buy all mats they need, it's waiting for 10 minutes to pick up mats from mail...

It's just rude and should be banned...
    will you ever understand that MMO-C is not a Official Blizzard Forum ????

it's really stupid how limited the AH search/filter functionality is, though

I mean even the (oudated) auction part of their website will let you sort by unit price, but somehow that function isn't available ingame (by default anyway)

Let's say herbs sell for 1-1.5g each... There are lot's of supply in diferent size of stacks... And then, here comes our retard, posting 500 of each herb in stacks of 1 for 75s.

And he do this every few days...

How would you deal with him?
    Me if his stuff is the cheapest I buy his stuff and move on

Deleted
    Ill continue to post many items in singles.
    because I can.

Step 1: Ask Blizzard for bans on a third-party site.
    Step 2: Watch the comments flood in.
    Step 3: Users begin to argue with each other.
    Step 4: Hilarity ensues.
    Step 5: Profit.

They really need to update the AH. It's really, really bad and some simple addons make it so much better.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    They really need to update the AH. It's really, really bad and some simple addons make it so much better.
    I like how GW2's auction house works where you put up the amount of an item you want to sell and when people buy they can buy as much of the stack as they want.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Or, they overhaul their very dated AH system.
    Hey hey hey, Cant have them doing that, they have to spend time nerfing the zoom out range for no reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Or, they overhaul their very dated AH system.
    totally agree with that.
    the AH in aion is a much better system where you can put a load of something in, but can also buy those same items individually.

Let's say herbs sell for 1-1.5g each... There are lot's of supply in diferent size of stacks... And then, here comes our retard, posting 500 of each herb in stacks of 1 for 75s.

And he do this every few days...

How would you deal with him?
    No reason to, they aren't doing anything wrong. Don't buy their stuff if it pisses you off so much. If it is really that hard for you to work around use any of the handful of AH add ons that would let you ignore this upsetting post behavior. At best the problem is the AH, it certainly isn't the 1 stack poster.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It's not so much of a problem they overload AH, not even ppl need to click 500 times to buy all mats they need, it's waiting for 10 minutes to pick up mats from mail...

Its an ah add-on that post that way and its an ah add-on that would help you buy. Plus a mailbox add-on that auto opens mail helps as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I still think they should change their AH so trade goods are commoditized.

What I mean is:

Say there are six posts for Peacebloom:
    A stack of 10 for 5g (50s per item)
    Three single stacks at 49s,99c
    A stack of 100 for 60g (60s per item)
    A stack of 8 for 3g20s (40s)

A prospective does not see the listings. He sees the following information:
    Peacebloom, 121 in stock for a total of 69g69s97c (average 57s60c, starting price at 40s)
    He can then pick how many to buy. Once he lists an ammount the AH gives him the price for it:
    If he buys 1 he gets it for 40s (the cheapest listed). If he buys 10 he gets them for 4g19s98c (8x40s+2x49s99c). If he buys 20 he gets them for 10g19s97c (8x40s+3x49s99c+9x50s) etc.

This way the buyer gets the best bargain.

I'd also add buy orders (they would create actual gameplay for professions, particularly for mogs).
    They should just copy paste eve onlines system.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    id love to see something along the lines of the.... i believe it was guild wars 2 ah, where you could pick an item, pick a number of that item, and get it for the cheapest possible that the ah had at that time.

it greatly reduces the mass clutter, and makes shopping for specific amounts of a material easier.
    Runescape had this (including buy orders) in 2007 too.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

lol, if that's rude in your book life's gonna be tough as hell.
    Anyways:

1) This is not the official forums.
    2) It's a perfectly legal way to use the AH.
    3) Blame Blizzard for not adding an option to search for stacks of a certain quantity, not the players.

Deleted
    In my opinion best solution would be to restrict how many stacks of 1 herb/ore/whatever a player can post to 5.

You can use addons to sort this out for you???

Yes, and wait for an hour or more to pick it up from mail.. I did not paid this game to stand next to mailbox for hours... .
    Then go buy it out of trade.

Oh wait then you'd have to find something else to moan about

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should ban the OP for creating this silly topic
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I was leveling engineering on my DH today and omg I wanted to murder someone for posting THOUSANDS of single stack blackrock ore at the same price. It slowed down auctionator to a crawl! And then after 10 minutes of waiting the stacks I wanted to buy turned out were actually sold already!! these people should not be allowed on the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    use any AH addon.

Problem solved.
    Nope, doesn't solve anything on high-pop realms. If anything it might be faster to use the default ui to buy certain things.

Lol banned for posting auctions using Blizzard's design, but it isn't a design problem, it's a player problem. K bro