Poll: All time favorite WoW novel?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

All time favorite WoW novel?

Right now I feel like mine might be Illidan. I find it fascinating to see the story of Burning Crusade re-told from his point of view. I also feel more connected because I'm learning to play my new Illidari while reading it.

That said, I've probably forgotten how much I enjoyed some others at the time. Some were meh, but others were pretty good. Which are your favorites, and why?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Illidan for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rise of the Horde by Christie Golden was super good! Right now I'm reading Jeff Grubb's "The Last Guardian" and its like right on path with Legion, great read. I'm about half way through that one. I have to admit, video game novels are really good.
    Why isn't Harrison Jones in BFA?
    I mean, Blizzard, srously? We ought to see the old chap in Vol'Dun!
    I think he is a bit afraid of snakes! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The Last Guardian is still my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Spott View Post
    Rise of the Horde by Christie Golden was super good! Right now I'm reading Jeff Grubb's "The Last Guardian" and its like right on path with Legion, great read. I'm about half way through that one. I have to admit, video game novels are really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    The Last Guardian is still my favorite.
    Doh! I forgot to list that one! (could only list 20) And I liked it too!

Deleted
    I`ve read war of the ancients already twice. So that being said, on second I`d put War Crimes.

And I sure didn't mean to leave out Arthas. It wasn't a personal favorite, as a novel, but it was the most compelling story line in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    Many - Rise of the Horde, Last Guardian, Illidan, etc

but I think Blood and Honor is THE ONE for me. Thrall taught me honor in that book.
    Trying to remember if I read that one. I know I read Rise of the Horde, but not sure about Blood and Honor. I'll have to check and pick it up if not. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    You should read it, if you haven't already. I am eager to speak but I don't want to spoil things.
    Is that hte one about Tirion and Eitrigg?

Deleted
    This is really tough. I am going with the Last Guardian. I haven't seen it on the list, so I chose other and "Rise of the Horde".

Also despite the flack it gets, Illidan didn't feel that bad because the events kept me intrigued enough to get past the terrible writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    This is really tough. I am going with the Last Guardian. I haven't seen it on the list, so I chose other and "Rise of the Horde".

Also despite the flack it gets, Illidan didn't feel that bad because the events kept me intrigued enough to get past the terrible writing.
    I'm enjoying Illidan (about 80% through it now) just for the sake of seeing what Illidan was up to all that time. I'm also farming Black Temple on my Draenei pally (for the Naaru pet that comes with "Raiding with Leashes") and played through the starter zone for Demon Hunters... Three different looks on what was happening at a pivotal moment in the WoW universe.

10+ Year Old Account

I disagree that the Illidan novel is terribly written. It is far superior to Knaak's stylistic monstrosities.

I'm going to go with Tides of War. Unfortunately none of the WoW novels are good enough for me to re-read any of them though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    I disagree that the Illidan novel is terribly written. It is far superior to Knaak's stylistic monstrosities.

I'm going to go with Tides of War. Unfortunately none of the WoW novels are good enough for me to re-read any of them though.
    Christie is much better than Knaak as a writer that is for sure, but I don't particularly like either style.

And the fact that I am not picky at all, unlike many of the edge-lords you find around these parts complaining about very minor details and thinking that they sound intelligent, should tell you something. I have very lax standards. Not low, but lax for sure.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Last Guardian without a shadow of a doubt, I read somewhere they were reissuing it. –Can’t believe you missed it off the list. 

I think the only one that I really couldn’t get on with was ‘Vol’jin’. Personally, I prefer the earlier books.
    Last edited by Smallfruitbat; 2016-08-24 at 08:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot Thrall: Lord of the clans, the book that pretty much reinvented the horde from the ground up.

Deleted
    Honestly, some of the books that really stand out being missing from the poll is something that does the poll great disservice.

Honestly, some of the books that really stand out being missing from the poll is something that does the poll great disservice.
    I agree. I wish I could go back and edit it. Or maybe make a new one? To be honest, I just ran a search for World of Warcraft under books on Amazon, and started filling in titles till I ran out of room. I've read most of the ones people are bringing up, but don't carry all those around in my head well enough to remember them when I started this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I agree. I wish I could go back and edit it. Or maybe make a new one? To be honest, I just ran a search for World of Warcraft under books on Amazon, and started filling in titles till I ran out of room. I've read most of the ones people are bringing up, but don't carry all those around in my head well enough to remember them when I started this.
    In my opinion, if you want to make a new one, don't make multiple choices an option. This poll is about the FAVORITE novel from what I understood; people can discuss their other favorites in the post.

Just a thought, it's your call mate.

In my opinion, if you want to make a new one, don't make multiple choices an option. This poll is about the FAVORITE novel from what I understood; people can discuss their other favorites in the post.

Just a thought, it's your call mate.
    I kind of liked the idea of letting people vote for their favorites, maybe 2-3, because if they're like me they haven't read them all recently enough to compare them with a lot of certainty.

I also think I should wait to see if there's more important ones I've left out before making the new one. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow night.

By the way, Durotan is a non-canon novel. Would be better if you added Lord of the Clans instead of it.