Deleted
    only once every 10 minutes. after that, doomguard is stronger single target

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    only once every 10 minutes. after that, doomguard is stronger single target
    Figured as much, which was why it was so strange not seeing infernals at all on logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiennar View Post
    Figured as much, which was why it was so strange not seeing infernals at all on logs.
    There are people who try not to cheese too much during testing. You can wildly skew numbers by front loading all of your cd's etc on a pull since most testing pulls only last a couple minutes at best. There were also some testings where they didn't max out your artifact so you didn't necessarily have lord of flames. As well as people who just don't know better.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    So, Channel Demonfire now works with havoc, something I was hoping for but didn't expect. The odd thing here is that if you have two targets immolated, you only duplicate the bolts that would originally hit the unhavoc'd target. You can work around this by applying immolate to A, then havocing B, and then using channel demonfire. This will make all 15 bolts get duplicated onto your havoc target, resulting in 30 bolts.

Not applying immolate to your secondary target might be worth it, but I'm honestly not sure. Depending on your luck, you can get anywhere between 15 total bolts and 30 if you immolate both targets, with 15 and 30 being extremely unlikely. Seems odd to me that they wouldn't make sure that if you only have 2 targets immolated that all 15 bolts would get duplicated, but yeah, thought you guys might want to know about this.

Channel Demonfire might accualy be fun if they made it more targetet towards AoE, especially with this buff.

Like buffing the dmg but every bolt applying a stacking debuff reducing incoming dmg from demonfire, so it does about same dmg on 1 or 2 targets, depending on what role exactly it should fill. Only problem is if blizzard doenst do it right it would result in canceling the channel early singletarget.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    Channel Demonfire might accualy be fun if they made it more targetet towards AoE, especially with this buff.

Like buffing the dmg but every bolt applying a stacking debuff reducing incoming dmg from demonfire, so it does about same dmg on 1 or 2 targets, depending on what role exactly it should fill. Only problem is if blizzard doenst do it right it would result in canceling the channel early singletarget.
    I honestly think it would be fine if it hit everything that has immolate ticking on it. That would make it roughly 1.5 free rain of fires every 15 seconds, in a pure AoE situation with immolate up on all the targets (Which would likely require cataclysm, or a lot of immolate casting). I honestly don't think that would be too strong, and it would at least make it not very bad in AoE situations.

Do we know about how expensive Tome of Tranquil mind will be in Legion?

It'd be awesome to be able to spec into cata/sac/cdf for trash and then go to more single target/havoc build for dungeon bosses.

Deleted
    It is relatively cheap to make in terms of mats, but will be expensive for a while due to high demand.

The Sallow Pigment will be the bugbear. Much rarer than Roseate.

I suspect that after Legion goes live and there are massive levels of complaint about this stupidity - design a talent system with switching from the ground up, then introduce a cost, whilst letting players swap entire specs as they please for free.

Forget all that garbage about "significant choices", it is all about making professions worth something.

The most unpleasant aspect is that MM hunters for example, have an all-rounder talent build and will hardly need to switch at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about the following change to Channel Demonfire (including a change to its name)...

DEMONFIRE: (3 second channel, 20-ish second cooldown)
    Launches 10 bolts of felfire over 3 seconds at each enemy within 10 yards of your target. Can also be targeted at friendly players. Launches 5 additional felfire bolts at your primary target if it is affected by your Immolate. (Does not get copied by Havoc since it only duplicates single-target spells such as Drain Life.)

So I decided to hang out in the lock discord just to see what that's like, and its basically just twitch chat.

The change to Channel Demonfire doesn't sound like it'll make it an acceptable choice for AoE still; mostly only 2-target cleave. If you don't have Wreak Havoc, then Havoc still has a 20-second CD, so you can only get the full amount of bolts on Channel Demonfire off on 2 targets at a time. But then we have to wonder if it's not better in those situations to take Soul Conduit, since that equates to more Chaos Bolts cleaving (which also has synergy heavily with one of the Legendary items)

Overall, I'm pretty sure that it's not enough to make Channel Demonfire that worth using. If anything, Channel Demonfire probably needs to be re-worked as the AoE talent on the level 100 tier, and it should launch bolts at every target that has Immolate on them, not chosen at random. That'd give Destro some great burst AoE with Cataclysm + Channel Demonfire, and burst AoE is something the spec heavily lacks right now.

The CDF change makes it more versatile, which basically makes it more able to compete with SC. Because prior to this, CDF was purely a single-target talent and, as we know, pure single-target situations are fairly rare. Now it's still the pure single-target option (tuning notwithstanding), but it also doesn't immediately lose out the moment a second monster shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    The CDF change makes it more versatile, which basically makes it more able to compete with SC. Because prior to this, CDF was purely a single-target talent and, as we know, pure single-target situations are fairly rare. Now it's still the pure single-target option (tuning notwithstanding), but it also doesn't immediately lose out the moment a second monster shows up.
    in addition to that, it would likely be much better if it had longer cd and more damage so that it actually does some decent dmg to that add that suddenly pops up...twice the cd, twice the dmg so its like a free stronger version of chaos bolt on a 30sec cd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Now they just have to apply that newborn versatility mentality to all the other destro talent tiers as well. (Of course, the talents of many other class-specs have already been designed with this versatility in mind, but not warlocks'.) GoSac should have an increased single-target component AND provide the pet utility, FnB and Shadowburn should likewise have use in patchwerk scenarios, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    So I decided to hang out in the lock discord just to see what that's like, and its basically just twitch chat.
    sounds great, get me in

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Now they just have to apply that newborn versatility mentality to all the other destro talent tiers as well. (Of course, the talents of many other class-specs have already been designed with this versatility in mind, but not warlocks'.) GoSac should have an increased single-target component AND provide the pet utility, FnB and Shadowburn should likewise have use in patchwerk scenarios, etc. etc.
    GoSac increase ST dps in almost as much GoServ, and without the Soul Shard cost every 1.5min... Just saying, GoSac is accetable like it is, to be perfect required pet utility indeed.

FnB had, as well, ST component. We dont lose Incinerate if we dont take the talent, is just Incinirate is little worth to use for anything else whats not a filler... What is needed here is a little more of love for Incinerate, and maybe no just raw damage buff.

As for Shadowburn, you are right, i still think it would be better having it baseline as execute, and having the talent for remove the execute window for mobility porpuse...

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    sounds great, get me in
    Yeah great if you like shit posting and the same 3 memes over and over again with basically nothing constructive in sight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkan View Post
    As for Shadowburn, you are right, i still think it would be better having it baseline as execute, and having the talent for remove the execute window for mobility porpuse...
    I always absolutely hated this execute (I'm only PvE'ing, not PvP!). Most boss adds were either above the 20% or instant dead because a lot of other classes had execute ranges higher than the 20%. And I sometimes ended up wasting time by switching too early to a mob that was at 20.0000001% and couldn't execute, or that died before I could get the shadowburn key down

I much prefer it this way where it is more forgiving as the mob has to die within 5 seconds to give the shard.

I much prefer it this way where it is more forgiving as the mob has to die within 5 seconds to give the shard.
    It's always been this way.

Deleted
    I always absolutely hated this execute (I'm only PvE'ing, not PvP!). Most boss adds were either above the 20% or instant dead because a lot of other classes had execute ranges higher than the 20%. And I sometimes ended up wasting time by switching too early to a mob that was at 20.0000001% and couldn't execute, or that died before I could get the shadowburn key down
    Talk to your raid or play better then, warlocks are one of the few classes that used to get huge gains from executing.

You prefer not having it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkan View Post
    FnB had, as well, ST component. We dont lose Incinerate if we dont take the talent, is just Incinirate is little worth to use for anything else whats not a filler... What is needed here is a little more of love for Incinerate, and maybe no just raw damage buff.
    Honestly, even if incinerate hits hard it'd still feel pretty bland. I'd rather it extended the duration of immolate or something. Would still just help sustained AOE as opposed to burst, which is a shame since snap damage was always a nice niche for destro, but my main issue with FnB is it's just bland.
    Our bland filler now hits everything. That was neat when incin was generating heaps of embers to spend on CB, less interesting when our filler is just an isolated mediocre damage source.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2016-08-24 at 02:56 PM.