Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    @Arqentum Top line doesn't work, can't spec IFTK with FR

Deleted
    One can dream

how are we comparing to DK/DH (whom I hear are a little overtuned at the moment) in both a raid and mythic+ scenario? are we able to complete? to a reasonable degree?

From my guild Beta raids, Fury seems to out-perform DH in ST for EN. Cleave and AoE burst are another story though. So I'd say we're doing okay-ish. Unholy and Rogues are clearly doing far better than we do, but aside from those we seem to do pretty well.

We're able to pull our weight. Hard to tell exactly how we compare in all scenarios, but in most of them we're able to compete at the very least.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    You said in your first post that Fury is the best for progress, is this still the case ? (20days ago)

Probably, Fury is just more versatile. Both specs are close to each other but Fury is just more fluid and can do everything well (albeit isn't amazing at anything). While Arms has stronger highs but lower lows. Also I truly feel like something is going to change for Arms, at least for the FR build that is out-performing Fury in ST. Fury is also better for Mythic+ dungeons.

All in all, focusing Fury 1st seems to be the safest choice.

Should Cleave be on the ability list for FoB single target? My napkin math suggests it should be more DPR than Whirlwind, assuming you don't let the 20% buff drop off. Am I overlooking something?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDinadan View Post
    Should Cleave be on the ability list for FoB single target? My napkin math suggests it should be more DPR than Whirlwind, assuming you don't let the 20% buff drop off. Am I overlooking something?
    I asked this before and the reply was that it was really close due to whirlwind have a higher rage cost/tactician proc chance. More free CS's and reduced rage cost MS's. This was before the whirlwind/FoB nerf though so it could've changed since then.

FoB was never nerfed, Slam was buffed.
    My Stream

Hi Warriorsari,

Just had a question with regards to the FR Arms build. In recent sims (that I saw posted on the Arms legion discussion), it seemed that the FR build for Arms is substantially outperforming the IFTK build in ST situations, more so with the t19 bonuses. When people say that Arms and Fury are both doing good and competitive DPS are they comparing the IFTK build for Arms or the FR Build?

I only ask because although I am glad that the Arms warrior has different choices on how to build and play the spec, I personally do not find FR fun, nor am I at the skill level to play that build efficiently (probably because I played Mage from Vanilla -> MoP). If it is indeed the case that Fury does close damage to FR Arms, then I may just focus on Fury as my main go-to spec for Legion.

Thank you!

Fury and Arms are quite even, if comparing the standard builds, FR is a ahead by a fair margin.
    My Stream

I'm trying to get the gist of the FR build and from what I can tell it goes like this: basically the rotation is the same as above, where CS is followed by MS or execute depending on the boss health. After that until the next tactician proc your rage is spent on a hamstring plus FR macro? You would hit this macro, throw in a Slam with enough rage, and follow up with repeating this until your next proc or MS is off CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    FoB was never nerfed, Slam was buffed.
    Yeah it was...it used to be what...40%? Slam was buffed later.

Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    I'm trying to get the gist of the FR build and from what I can tell it goes like this: basically the rotation is the same as above, where CS is followed by MS or execute depending on the boss health. After that until the next tactician proc your rage is spent on a hamstring plus FR macro? You would hit this macro, throw in a Slam with enough rage, and follow up with repeating this until your next proc or MS is off CD?
    I believe the only time you use Hamstring is if you are using the Deadly Calm talent and Battlecry is up. You do that because it makes Hamstring free and Hamstring is not on the global cool down. Outside of having the Battlecry buff I don't think the damage Hamstring is doing is worth the rage being spent.
    Last edited by reakwon; 2016-08-24 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    You only use Hamstring during the BattleCry window where it's free, basically during battlecry you spam your FR + Hamstring macro like there's no tomorrow.

Slam is used only when :
    -you already got 3 FR charges so using FR is useless
    -CS buff and shattered defenses buff are both up/CS is not useable
    -MS is on CD
    -OP isn't useable
    -you're high on rage.

During battleCry use it if MS/OP/CS are not useable since you don't have to worry about keeping rage for FR.

Can someone explain how to properly play focus rage build? I hate it but obviously will play it if it's the best

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Yeah it was...it used to be what...40%? Slam was buffed later.
    That was way back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Can someone explain how to properly play focus rage build? I hate it but obviously will play it if it's the best
    Got a prio list in the first post.
    My Stream

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Warriorsarri;41970061]25 from white swings, 45'ish from white crits, Charge on CD.

1.) Charge>CS>OP>MS>CS/OP/Warbreaker>CS/OP/Slam, depending on if you've gotten procs. If you have nothing to press, then pres Slam or Heroic Charge.

2.) If CS is not up, press CS. If CS is up, but Shattered Defenses is down, press CS. If Shattered Defenses is up, Press MS, then press CS.

How can CS be up but not SD? Doesnt CS procc SD?

[QUOTE=krigsmaskin;42039331]
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    25 from white swings, 45'ish from white crits, Charge on CD.

1.) Charge>CS>OP>MS>CS/OP/Warbreaker>CS/OP/Slam, depending on if you've gotten procs. If you have nothing to press, then pres Slam or Heroic Charge.

2.) If CS is not up, press CS. If CS is up, but Shattered Defenses is down, press CS. If Shattered Defenses is up, Press MS, then press CS.

How can CS be up but not SD? Doesnt CS procc SD?

CS is a 8 sec buff that will always last 8 sec while SD gets consumed by MS/Exec.

You can CS, consume SD with a MS and then get a CS proc so that CS is useable while the CS buff is up but SD isn't.