Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Some Xal'atath quotes:

Xal'atath whispers: The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.

Xal'atath whispers: Do the naaru speak of the eternal conflict? That the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed?(near Saa'ra)

Xal'atath whispers: The walls between realms are thin here, so easy to tear open. Do you know what would happen if true shadow and light would meet here?(in Netherlight Temple)

Xal'atath whispers: Another fool who believed Illidan's lies of sacrifice and righteousness. Tormented, he turns on everyone.(at Tirathon Saltheril)

Xal'atath whispers: The fallen Aspect's lair is near. He was the strongest of them, and yet the easiest one for us to corrupt. (in Highmountain)

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    If I am not mistaken we haven't faced an old god yet. We have faced like, avatars of them. Is this correct?
    We have faced Old gods and killed them, but blizz added another entity above them the Void Lords. So in the end the Old gods were demoted in terms of power level.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This "void" concept is boring.

Was it just made up so they could extend Lore and by doing so the Warcraft franchise after we have killed everything?
    Void could be much better foe than Burning Legion.

Outside of Dreadlords, Legion just use zerg tactic and smash head on the wall until they conquer world, because they are massive and cannot be killed in non-corrupted environment. It's just Orc's Horde "me smash" on a bigger scale.

We don't know what Void will be like, but we already were fighting Old Gods and they were most interesting villains so far in my opinion.

Was it just made up so they could extend Lore and by doing so the Warcraft franchise after we have killed everything?
    .... Old gods are minions of the Void, always have been. I thought all this was common knowledge. The legion aren't "Bad". They are doing something good, in a bad way, contrary to WoWikki's belief, I consider them chaotic good, not chaotic evil. Old god corruption allows the Void to enter the universe, the legion is all about destroying said corruption and the old gods, Azeroth is just collateral damage.

Sargeras the allegedly strongest know thing in the universe, he is scared of the Void, essentially showing that the Void far surpasses him. He is the strongest of the titans, and it takes several titans to defeat one old god, as known during the sundering (wasn't it 4/5 Vs 1 and a titan still fell?) these are MINIONS of the Void.

the Void has always existed in the lore, it's always been the most powerful known thing, it is the void that will come last, not Sargaras as many believe. Sargaras is the one preventing the Void from coming, the door wide open to them when he falls (inevitably). It's just barely been touched upon ingame.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2016-08-24 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Some Xal'atath quotes:
    Good stuff! I love whispers. And mystery. They must maintain some mystery!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Sargeras the allegedly strongest know thing in the universe, he is scared of the Void, essentially showing that the Void far surpasses him. He is the strongest of the titans, andd it takes several titans to defeat one old god, as known during the sundering (wasn't it 4/5 Vs 1 and a titan still fell?) these are MINIONS of the Void.
    the bolded part is not true, read Chronicle

Titans >> Old Gods

but Old Gods (pretty much just mass-produced soldiers of the Void Lords) are spread throughout the entire universe, infesting planets, they outnumber Titans by many many orders of magnitude (we dont even know how many, if any, Titans there were besides the rather small Pantheon)

the rest is correct

In the light vs void xpac you will all be required to reroll as priests or paladins because apparently, other forces don't really matter.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    the bolded part is not true, read Chronicle

Titans >> Old Gods

but Old Gods (pretty much just mass-produced soldiers of the Void Lords) are spread throughout the entire universe, infesting planets, they outnumber Titans by many many orders of magnitude (we dont even know how many, if any, Titans there were besides the rather small Pantheon)

the rest is correct
    If Legion had conquer most of the planets, I don't think there are many Old Gods left ;P

And yes, Legion also is "bad". Veery "bad". If you look at our history, I think Void is like Communism (both destroy everyone that oppose it and corrupt weak inviduals without moral compass) and Legion is like the Nazis (start with noble purpose to destroy Void/Communism, but destroy everything on his way and became another evil force - "if you stare into the abyss long enough the abyss stares back at you").

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    In the light vs void xpac you will all be required to reroll as priests or paladins because apparently, other forces don't really matter.
    How so? Just because the other sources are a combination of the two to varying degrees doesn't mean they don't matter. So Anyone, who wields power is still useful.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-08-24 at 10:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I'd say that indeed "The Void" just sounds like a big nothing.
    *rim shot*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    .... Old gods are minions of the Void, always have been.
    yes, they have always been minions of the void.

but they have only always been minions of the void for 5 months, since march, when chronicle came out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    .... Old gods are minions of the Void, always have been. I thought all this was common knowledge. The legion aren't "Bad". They are doing something good, in a bad way, contrary to WoWikki's belief, I consider them chaotic good, not chaotic evil. Old god corruption allows the Void to enter the universe, the legion is all about destroying said corruption and the old gods, Azeroth is just collateral damage.
    So... destroying everything regardless of whether or not it contains an infected world soul is "chaotic good"? Then having the ultimate plan of sitting on your butt in your fel universe with your fel emperor and empress (that's Azeroth, by the way -- Sargeras is a horny dude), rather than setting your sights on trying to use your powers to fight the Void Lords is "chaotic good"?

Yeah, you've got a weird definition of that

Sargeras the allegedly strongest know thing in the universe, he is scared of the Void, essentially showing that the Void far surpasses him. He is the strongest of the titans, and it takes several titans to defeat one old god, as known during the sundering (wasn't it 4/5 Vs 1 and a titan still fell?) these are MINIONS of the Void.
    No, it took one Titian to defeat one Old God. Aman'Thul reached in and pulled Y'shaarj out of Azeroth and popped him like a pimple. Problem was that it did so much collateral damage to the planet (it created a huge, gaping wound we would later know as the Well of Eternity -- the arcane energy was the nascent titan's blood) that they decided that this wasn't the way to finish off the rest of them. They created their Titan-forged -- the Keepers and the lesser races such as the Earthen etc. to do battle with them on the surface of the planet, then contain them, then terraform the surface and watch over the place.

Deleted
    So they trully seem to be going down the "Light vs Dark" route.
    Man, and here i thought Blizzard would be fleshing out the Demons of the Burning Legion. Making the final war a lot more interesting.
    On the cover of the Legion story. It looks like it's going to be great.
    But the more you discover, the more you just wish that they had thought their end-game narative through.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasklk View Post
    Man, and here i thought Blizzard would be fleshing out the Demons of the Burning Legion. Making the final war a lot more interesting.
    But the more you discover, the more you just wish that they had thought their end-game narative through.
    They have.

It's just not the end-game narrative that you wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    While the Old Gods are obviously hostile and outright malevolent, I've never been able to bring myself to trust the Naaru completely. There's something about an entity so obviously altruistic and good that kind of sets me on edge, and makes me suspect their motives. They've never done anything I could directly point to as self-serving or less than benevolent - but I wonder if they've got their own agendas; a greater plan that might not include the mortal races in the long term.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasklk View Post
    I like to think about what could have been had they not butchered and retconned their lore with the Chronicles.

This simple Light vs. Void narrative is in no way interesting to me. Nor was it ever a significant part of the game, I don't understand why everything is thrown under the bus so that they can use it. Titan worlds, Legion worlds, their conflict, THAT should have been the future of WoW's lore.

Instead they've reduced their diverse lore and universe to such a simplistic concept with entirely uninteresting two dimensional characters. I can't wait to see how daaaaaark the Void is. Ugh.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-08-24 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they would be, if they could delve into shadow without being consumed by it.

a warlock will only feel an urge to be more chaotic if it reaches for more power. a shadow priest will lose its mind.
    This has always annoyed me. "Shadow priests go insane so they are weaker". The reason they go insane is because they have so much power to dabble into. Warlocks tap into fel magic and void magic testing how cold the water is, not letting themselves get consumed by power. Priests literally jump into the pool. How does that make them weaker?

I mean, it doesn't really extend the lore that much. The three pillars of WoW lore have always been the titans, the burning legion, and the old gods. All conflicts and plots can be traced back to those 3 roots, so by expounding on the origins of the old gods with the void they're just fleshing what was previously the least in depth pillar of lore in the game.

I mean think about it, we went from not knowing how many old gods there were on Azeroth to knowing how many there were. We went from not knowing whether the old gods were native to Azeroth or alien to knowing their origin. We went from not knowing exactly what their goal was to finding out some general idea of their goal. All of that was explained with the void and the void lords who in reality can't actually enter the physical realm, so they're not just trying to shove a new enemy into the lore by piggy backing off of the old gods.

Besides that, I don't think we'll ever really kill Sargeras or the Void Lords. I mean, imagine trying to kill something that can cut a planet in half with a sword, or monsters so powerful that they can't actually manifest themselves in the physical realm . . . That'd just be ridiculous. I mean, before they even resort to crazy stuff like that they'll have us take care of Azshara, N'zoth, The Lich King (permanently this time), the physical manifestations of the other old gods, Kil'Jaeden, and there's probably more that I'm forgetting, but the point is that there's a lot of spectacle creep they have to go through before they can reasonably resort to such godlike beings like Sargeras or the Void Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    This has always annoyed me. "Shadow priests go insane so they are weaker". The reason they go insane is because they have so much power to dabble into. Warlocks tap into fel magic and void magic testing how cold the water is, not letting themselves get consumed by power. Priests literally jump into the pool. How does that make them weaker?
    it doesn't, but if you want to keep your sanity, you can't delve deep enough to outpower a warlock or a really good arcane mage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    While the Old Gods are obviously hostile and outright malevolent, I've never been able to bring myself to trust the Naaru completely. There's something about an entity so obviously altruistic and good that kind of sets me on edge, and makes me suspect their motives. They've never done anything I could directly point to as self-serving or less than benevolent - but I wonder if they've got their own agendas; a greater plan that might not include the mortal races in the long term.
    Yes. Same here. The "elder naaru" that Illidan meets in the book is weird and Xe'ra, who we meet in Legion, is really strange as well (we're not sure if they're the same naaru because Illidan's naaru never introduced itself by name).
    Xe'ra seems downright creepy.