Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenak View Post
    I have a few questions. I have a few lvl 100's and i went to go level my 55 monk yesterday, mostly Heirlooms.
    First problem I get obliterated by everything.
    Second problem, I finished my first invasion then I was about to fly to the second, hit the flight master and boom! I only know like 6 path and none go anywhere near where i wanted to go.
    Finally the third problem is that during phase 3 because I have no flying mount I cant keep up with the group. Im wondering how everyone is handling these problems, especially the people who are starting from scratch or from really low.
    Thoughts?
    Personally, I handled it by going out and questing zones. By doing that, I avoided countless deaths and runs back to my corpse, unlocked a ton of flight paths, had entire zones all to myself, and got to play at my own pace rather than try to rush myself to a main city to catch a zeppelin.

I know this method of leveling doesn't appeal to everyone, but it worked for me.
    Last edited by IntellectuallyChallenged; 2016-08-23 at 01:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    My advice would be do your best to get all the FPs when the invasions are not up, use the boat in STV to get to Ratchet, zeppelin to UC from Org, etc. Furthermore, avoid getting too near the invasion bosses (ally ofc), and, if need be, jump into a demolisher or something to keep you safe if you truly wish to engange.

My priest was 86 on Friday. Hit 100 yesterday on the first invasion I did on Monday. I did not hit anywhere near every invasion over the weekend, and I had no heirlooms or XP boosts. So...it goes pretty fast.

Deleted
    Can you buy wow tokens with the RAF to get the mount or does it have to be purchased with money.

I did 24 hours about 1-100 on hunter...but that was also lvling pre-jay wilson buff...FULL heirloom, nothing else.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    There are 2 ways about this.

1. Do stage 1-2, reset and then 20-25 mins before reset, finish the entire thing for a final chunk of xp, repeat untill lvl 100.

This method takes about 2,5 - 3 hours to 90 with RAF, I'd say its about double without, possibly more.

Then 90-100, with the same method you gain about 3-4 levels an hour with full looms.

2. Do stage 1-2, and then stage 3, where you tag every boss you can, at 90ish % you relogg, resetting it to stage 1. This is however only really doable once you got a flying mount.

This method easily shaves a few hours of the total time, but it does requiire more effort than the first method.
    Thanks.

What is the difference compared to AFK and be very attentive and tag everything you can? What would the difference be?

Deleted
    Have addition inquiry to my above about if 300% XP applies to killing mobs.

Is it possible to RAF an account linked to your BNET so you may use all your Heirlooms if so how do you do this.

Does the bonus XP apply if characters are close in level to each other or is it possible to boost the RAF through dungeons.

I clocked in about 18 hours on my Shadow Priest from level 10 to 100. Just wearing heirlooms. No exp boosting elixirs. They are way too expensive on the AH right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Thanks.

What is the difference compared to AFK and be very attentive and tag everything you can? What would the difference be?
    Huge. Each named elite in stage 3 gives the same xp that you get upon completion of stage 4 (so 40ish percent of the total xp you get by afking). And you get to kill 6-7 of them, plus the elites in phase 2 plus any other mobs you tag.

Deleted
    Thanks.

Tagging = 30-40% of a level 90-100 per 5 mins of stage 1-2.

AFKing = 30-40% of a level 90-100 per 15-25 mins for a full invasion, at best.

What you want is azhara/northern or westfall/dun depending on faction, dun morogh is easily the best place for xp tho, westfall and northern gives more, but dun is so much faster at completing stage 1-2.

Then around 20-25 mins before reset, do a full invasion for that extra xp, and make sure to tag anything elite or named. Just a single dot, moonfire, whatever is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenak View Post
    I have a few questions. I have a few lvl 100's and i went to go level my 55 monk yesterday, mostly Heirlooms.
    First problem I get obliterated by everything.
    Second problem, I finished my first invasion then I was about to fly to the second, hit the flight master and boom! I only know like 6 path and none go anywhere near where i wanted to go.
    Finally the third problem is that during phase 3 because I have no flying mount I cant keep up with the group. Im wondering how everyone is handling these problems, especially the people who are starting from scratch or from really low.
    Thoughts?
    1. My monk handles shit perfectly fine (started level 40, now up to 73 i think - Brewmaster)
    2. Buy a port to Shrine (or wait for a nice mage to offer services, there is usually one giving out free ports quite often), you can still hit a good number of them just from that, don't worry about Dun Mugowhatever or Westfall as Horde.
    3. Yeah, thanks for the reminder, i need to go get flying. This particular toon is camped at Tarren Mill, so he gets on his ground mount and hits those first two big structures that spawn in the Tarren Mill farm, that's always 1 quick level. Then I'll run him under the mountain and sweep up all that mess, then down toward south shore - at that point those two bosses are popping up, then swing back up to TM for the last 15%.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I tried tagging and moving on yesterday for the first time on a sub-100 toon. I'd been doing it for a while when invasions first started to rack up shards, and it works fine for that, but it did not work for me for xp last night. Specifically, I nuked and dottedup one of the skull mobs in phase 3, then ran until I was out of combat, and mounted up to fly to the next one. In flight, I got the shards from that mob, but did not get any xp. Perhaps it was just a bug or something, I didn't test it again, but at least the one time I did test I didn't get any xp when I wasn't in range of the mob giving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    I don't get how ppl are that fast. On my monk I had the buff up, full heirloom, was tagging everything, leeching bossmobs while pulling trash around together etc...still I dont do more than 5-6 levels in 1 hour at around 70 now...
    [Elixir of Ancient Knowledge] will get you to 85 very quickly if you have any lying around. 300% experience for an hour. I got from 60-75 in just under an hour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    [Elixir of Ancient Knowledge] will get you to 85 very quickly if you have any lying around. 300% experience for an hour. I got from 60-75 in just under an hour.
    sure, people claim though they do it with just heirlooms and no special buffs etc. ^^

Thanks.

you get about the same exp for each boss as for completing the last stage
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-08-24 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    I tried tagging and moving on yesterday for the first time on a sub-100 toon. I'd been doing it for a while when invasions first started to rack up shards, and it works fine for that, but it did not work for me for xp last night. Specifically, I nuked and dottedup one of the skull mobs in phase 3, then ran until I was out of combat, and mounted up to fly to the next one. In flight, I got the shards from that mob, but did not get any xp. Perhaps it was just a bug or something, I didn't test it again, but at least the one time I did test I didn't get any xp when I wasn't in range of the mob giving it.
    It was always this way. If you're dead or can't see the mob you tagged, you don't get any XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru View Post
    Did 1-100 on mage in 8 hours. If you do Westfall through stage 3 solo and you manage to tag at least 6-7 bosses through Stage 3, and then relog to reset it back to Stage 1 it's ridiculously quick.
    Solo'ing has no effect since they hotfixed the XP. You get the same XP if you solo'ed it or tagged it with a group.

Also Dun Morogh is a really good spot. Do Stage 1 and 2. Stage 3 go north kill boss, then back to town for skull, then travel about 30 yards for another skull and then a skull behind him and back to the town. Distance is extremely short and 5 bosses to boot.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A little over 7 hours for 86-100, 22 invasions total, no heirlooms, NE Hunter

I did the invasions to completion since I wanted the gear. Just held onto the chests and opened them all after I dinged 100. Got several pieces 720 Warforged so it was worth it. At 86 it was trivial to fly around the map, but I did have more travel time on Kalimdor than I would have liked.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Solo'ing has no effect since they hotfixed the XP. You get the same XP if you solo'ed it or tagged it with a group.

Also Dun Morogh is a really good spot. Do Stage 1 and 2. Stage 3 go north kill boss, then back to town for skull, then travel about 30 yards for another skull and then a skull behind him and back to the town. Distance is extremely short and 5 bosses to boot.
    Boss on the Frozen Sea near Amberstill kills you within 3 hits, Searing Flesh.

Deleted
    Are you just tagging a boss and moving on to tag a next one or staying to kill it? (well I guess that staying might be dangerous with all the AoE flying around...)