Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Unless they plan on giving warlocks back some mobility, tanky is all they have.
    Well, aren't they, in theory, more mobile than mages who need to cast everything? Sure, you can spam ice lance all day long, but that won't do you any good.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    PVP has never suffered due to PVE. It has always been the other way around. Always.

Anyway, IMO, Warlocks aret too tanky atm. Gain 3 or more shards and your UA will do ridiculous damage too. Doesn't seem very balanced to me.
    Destruction was garbage in pvp the whole expansion because of pve, affliction was broken as fk during the first months of 6.2 because of pve. Get real, raiding has single handedly fucked over every other aspect of the game at some point. It's always been like that. From broken pve gear to op abilities getting buffed even farther because random dragonslayer does 5% less dmg than the rest and cries like a little bitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Destruction was garbage in pvp the whole expansion because of pve, affliction was broken as fk during the first months of 6.2 because of pve. Get real, raiding has single handedly fucked over every other aspect of the game at some point. It's always been like that. From broken pve gear to op abilities getting buffed even farther because random dragonslayer does 5% less dmg than the rest and cries like a little bitch.
    I would agree, except you seem to forget that pvp is a minigame. PVE is the main game. Separating it finally is the best thing to do, the only question for me is WHAT TOOK SO LONG?

Deleted
    Well, aren't they, in theory, more mobile than mages who need to cast everything? Sure, you can spam ice lance all day long, but that won't do you any good.
    It's about not dying, not being able to deal dmg.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I would agree, except you seem to forget that pvp is a minigame. PVE is the main game. Separating it finally is the best thing to do, the only question for me is WHAT TOOK SO LONG?
    The mini game argument is old as fuck and couldnt be more wrong. Blizzard made a post in mop or so, regarding the amount of pve/pvp instances played, on average in a single day, and it was way closer compared to what a "mini game" would attract.
    Last edited by Livevil; 2016-08-24 at 09:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except for the fact that solid percentage of players plays just for that "minigame".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust843 View Post
    Except for the fact that solid percentage of players plays just for that "minigame".
    That's why they should've split pvp and pve balancing long ago.

Ever since teh latest round of nerfs aff doesn't feel all that strong anymore. We're still reasonably tanky I guess, but my damage is incredibly poor in BG's. I need 2 full rounds of dots before people even get close to falling down. Compared to my feral who just applies bleeds and brutal slashx3 and they're dead.

What good is being immortal if the dmg is pretty much ignorable...

EDIT: with damage I mean capability to kill. Sure topping the scoreboard is nice but who gives a fuck honestly. In 1vs1's I take FOREVER to kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    essence drain needs a nerf
    Sure, but buff our damage first. With all the rounds of damage nerfs we have been getting for Affliction, any additional nerfs are pretty much a spit to its grave. Spec is dead, debatable if it's Rot and Decay or Intellect nerf that did it in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    essence drain needs a nerf
    Is essence drain an artifact talent? Nvm, just found out it's a 110 pvp talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    It's about not dying, not being able to deal dmg.
    I'm able to do shitloads of damage on bg's and I suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great so you can do a bunch of damage in a random bg as a dot class, congrats. Dot classes have always been able to top charts it's not impressive or an actual measure of how a class is currently fairing in end game. None of our dots do any kind of damage unless we are able to stack 5+ UAs on someone. Even then they just get dispeled without much consequence since the nerf. And isn't it a bit ridiculous that we have to chain cast that much just to do any kind of damage?

As affliction, to actually kill someone, you need to hardcast multiple UAs into a single target. The rest of your dots don't really tick hard enough to be a threat, and can be dispelled with zero consequence (even less since they massive nerf to UA).

Mages are mobile, but more fragile. Warlocks are highly immobile, but are much hardier. If you start to remove the tankiness of warlocks, you have to give them back mobility or you pretty much just destroyed the whole class in PVP.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    I'm able to do shitloads of damage on bg's and I suck.
    And now, how much of that is useful damage? It's like padding the meters in raids, throwing dots/cleaving useless targets. Click, tab, click, tab, click, tab, click... most of the damage just gets healed back up by healers sneezing out random AoE heals.

Affliction's survivability may have needed a nerf, but the nerf to their intellect was simply over the top. They're absolutely not useless, but their pressure is not enough to make spread pressure comps viable compared to burst comps. Not anymore.

Just because more people PvE doesn't make it the main game, or shouldn't. They are just two different games. you are right though, ever since I started in TBC I wondered why they didn't separate things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    As affliction, to actually kill someone, you need to hardcast multiple UAs into a single target. The rest of your dots don't really tick hard enough to be a threat, and can be dispelled with zero consequence (even less since they massive nerf to UA).

Mages are mobile, but more fragile. Warlocks are highly immobile, but are much hardier. If you start to remove the tankiness of warlocks, you have to give them back mobility or you pretty much just destroyed the whole class in PVP.
    Of course, though I don't agree on mages being mobile; heck, they barely have insant casts and are practically 2 shot by anything melee.

Clonan has a point though. I wouldn't call it padding though; the spread damage is useful in the sense that it allows you to generate shards to burst down a target. That said, the int nerf was odd. Maybe relic balance?

How are warlocks in myth raids by the way? I have both a mage and lock and haven't decided with whom I'll raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Just because more people PvE doesn't make it the main game, or shouldn't. They are just two different games. you are right though, ever since I started in TBC I wondered why they didn't separate things.
    My comment was really mostly intended to push Livevil's buttons a bit, after the "whining dragonslayers" post ;]

How are warlocks in myth raids by the way? I have both a mage and lock and haven't decided with whom I'll raid.
    I'd say mid of the pack? Clearly not higher than mages.

Someone posted in one of the PVE threads that destro was middle of the pack dps and Aff and Demo were bottom tier.