Best Rogue PVP spec?

I still have my level 90 boost and I was wondering what the best spec for rogue is?

I have never played rogue before so I do not want an extremely complex spec but I do not want it to be faceroll.

Outlaw is the easiest and has the potential for godlike damage. All 3 specs are pretty good currently. I personally like Assass and Outlaw. Sub is great albeit more complex

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruntien View Post
    I still have my level 90 boost and I was wondering what the best spec for rogue is?

I have never played rogue before so I do not want an extremely complex spec but I do not want it to be faceroll.
    Holy by far, try Fire too. Both are very strong specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    play sub if you want to beat people blindfolded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbkd9jIE9MQ

Soothing Darkness is the most broken talents atm seeing as you spend most of your time in a stealthed state.

I will try learning Sub

- - - Updated - - -

What are you even talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Goron24 View Post
    Outlaw is the easiest and has the potential for godlike damage. All 3 specs are pretty good currently. I personally like Assass and Outlaw. Sub is great albeit more complex
    sub complex?what? have you played legion?

Sub is just really weird now - especially with the nerfed range on shadowstrike. At least before the nerf, you could be sstriking to different people and utilizing it to control via kicks and stuns on casters/healers. It's like they're trying to force you into just using it purely as a damage tool now. Assassin seems to be one big damage bot with little control. Outlaw is alright and keeps with combat's theme of taking time to build up before you can burst via rerolling rtb til you get an ideal set - the rng is annoying to me. Rogue was my old main from vanilla and it's the first time I'm really not interesting in playing it anymore - for pvp at least.

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    play sub if you want to beat people blindfolded
    Its not working anymore because the teleport is reduced from 25 yards to 15 yards. Blink, displacer beast, and a lot of other skills to get distance are more than that. But its still good .

Quote Originally Posted by Krowus View Post
    Its not working anymore because the teleport is reduced from 25 yards to 15 yards. Blink, displacer beast, and a lot of other skills to get distance are more than that. But its still good .
    Half his blindfolded videos are with the nerf....

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Half his blindfolded videos are with the nerf....
    Yeah but the enemies played really bad and didn't fight at max range.

I would say it depends on the type of PVP, as the requirements in different areas will change.

for ME, I play bgs, normal ones mostly, then some RBG's when I can be bothered. so I am thinking outlaw. decent damage/utility. failing that It'll likely be sub. I could be wrong, but from what I've seen at 110, assassination doesn't quite live up to what it's doing at 100. feels like a lot less pressure. and more of a nuisance. so I would wager sub and outlaw are more viable.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Krowus View Post
    Yeah but the enemies played really bad and didn't fight at max range.
    In arena this is often not even possible. All he has to do is run behind a pillar. If you dont chase the rogue, he just restealth and goes back to full hp. Also in an actual arena game, shadow strike 15 yards is more mobility then every single class right now. Also sub is one of the worse focus target, so you just got to let him do his thing the entire match and focus on his partners.

Anybody that thinks sub/outlaw rogues are anything but top tier at 110 are drooling idiots and need to stop playing rogues. You are giving us a very bad name.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-08-24 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    In arena this is often not even possible. All he has to do is run behind a pillar. If you dont chase the rogue, he just restealth and goes back to full hp. Also in an actual arena game, shadow strike 15 yards is more mobility then every single class right now. Also sub is one of the worse focus target, so you just got to let him do his thing the entire match and focus on his partners.

Anybody that thinks sub/outlaw rogues are anything but top tier at 110 are drooling idiots and need to stop playing rogues. You are giving us a very bad name.
    From years of experience observating pvp forums, you will always find people defending stupid broken abilities and claim that their class can only be "decent" if they are overpowered. Clearly a pretty childish sense of "balance".

For most players (not only in wow), balance=my class is the strongest