Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is confusion in this thread about what constitutes rape vs. sexual assault. In the eyes of the law, rape involves sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration perpetrated against a person without that person's consent.
    Skoldier for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I'm always curious. if the Girls were unconscious how did they know who or what went inside them even if just a finger?

Not defending the guy, but did he brag about it? or do it in front of people or something?
    From the story:

Each reported waking up to Becker sexually assaulting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I'm not up to date with my legal definitions etc, but is it rape? from the story it said he 'put a finger in' now obviously scumbag, and molestery as hell.. but is it rape? it gets confusing as SJW twatters say everything is rape.. even like staring. so it's at the point now where I need clarity on it.
    Incoming 2017: Rape by sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Incoming 2017: Rape by sight.
    Stop being dramatic. I'm not sure what level of interaction you have with women outside of your computer screen, but most (i.e. 99%) of women do not subscribe to this view aside from a handful of Internet bloggers. Checking out a woman is not "rape." It can, however, be creepy if you stare at a girl or follow her around.
    Skoldier for life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Are you saying this case is unproven? He pled guilty. From the story:

Bolding mine. The ruling means it doesn't go on his record if he completes his probation and counseling.
    So he was frightened and forced. Still no actual proof.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    Stop being dramatic. I'm not sure what level of interaction you have with women outside of your computer screen, but most (i.e. 99%) of women do not subscribe to this view aside from a handful of Internet bloggers. Checking out a woman is not "rape." It can, however, be creepy if you stare at a girl or follow her around.
    extreme feminists will probably disagree with you, if your checking a women out

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    So he was frightened and forced. Still no actual proof.
    Pled guilty. The text message he sent one of the victims apologizing for it constitutes proof of knowledge of wrongdoing. At this point you're just throwing shit at a well to see what sticks.

Pled guilty. The text message he sent one of the victims apologizing for it constitutes proof of knowledge of wrongdoing. At this point you're just throwing shit at a well to see what sticks.
    He was drunk too, alcohol lowers inhibitions but no he's a guy so he's at fault even tho the girls we passed out drunk too they are fucking angels and victums...yeah victims of thier own stupidity.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    He was drunk too, alcohol lowers inhibitions but no he's a guy so he's at fault even tho the girls we passed out drunk too they are fucking angels and victums...yeah victims of thier own stupidity.
    So, if you were passed out drunk, and a drunk gay man decided to have his way with you, who would be at fault? You for being so drunk you had your guard down? Him for raping you? Or would he be forgiven, because he was drunk too, and didn't know what he was doing?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post

Being drunk doesn't exonerate you for all the crimes you commit when you're drunk.

Nice strawman at the end there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being drunk doesn't exonerate you for all the crimes you commit when you're drunk.

Nice strawman at the end there.
    Agreed. It is very unlikely to drunk by accident. Most people know that getting drunk makes you do stupid things. If you willingly got drunk, and did stupid things, then you should be held accountable since you knew something stupid might happen if you got wasted.

"Sorry officer, I was drunk and not in control of my actions, and I just ended up behind the wheel of this car and drove it through this store window. Can I go home now?"
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    So, if you were passed out drunk, and a drunk gay man decided to have his way with you, who would be at fault? You for being so drunk you had your guard down? Him for raping you? Or would he be forgiven, because he was drunk too, and didn't know what he was doing?
    I'm at fault for putting my self in that situation, he is at fault for raping me. I'm tired of the stupidity of these party rape cases being white washed away. The girls were stupid I this case and the guy was stupid I this case and it's all because they were drunk, but we put all blame on the guy and call fingerings rape now, like he stuck his dick balls deep into them. It's rediculess.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    While I don't mean to victim blame, this is a case that highlights a problem in the US.

We've set our drinking age at 21, well after a person is considered an adult for most other purposes. At the same time, as far as I can tell, high school continues to be built up to be a time to press limits, party hard, and get ready to be adults while still being somewhat protected.

You'll note that I just said "as far as I can tell, high school continues to be..." There was a time when our drinking age was lower, I drank legally at 17. Those who are not American, or who have grown up with 21 as the minimum legal drinking age, might want to skim through https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...inking_Age_Act

To bring this back to the case at hand, we've let getting drunk be a rite of passage. Basically, we have a law that says we need a higher drinking age because high school students are too young and dumb to handle alcohol. We then continue to be surprised or outraged when drunken teenagers do stupid things. That the victims in this case were drunk does not justify sexual assault, but it explains a problem the legal system faces. We try an 18 year old as an adult, even in situations where we do not count them as an adult.

Source: http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s..._sex_assa.html

Later on:

The whole thing is a legal mess.
    I really appreciate this post. I agree with everything involved. We had a taboo on drinking, just like with sex. Instead of telling young people to not drink or have sex.. education should be used.

Its also strange to me that the victims don't seem anywhere near as upset as some of the people in this thread. One or both of them don't think this requires jail time, and we have people here threatening violence against him, demanding we castrate him, kill him, or throw him in prison for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If I go with this gay guy to a gay bar, or a swing party, or whatever place, that is kinda the place where people go to hook up. Since let's be honest the moron fingered the girls not at a library yeah?
    And then I get drunk, possibly flirt with a guy, get more drunk and get so drunk that I pass out. And then the guy fingers my ass, or touches my dick, or whatever - it will be still his fault, but mine too. He shouldn't have touched my ass. I shouldn't have got blackout drunk at a place like that.

If I leave a running car, with license and registration inside on a street in a bad neighborhood - the guy that hijacks the car is still at fault for doing that, but me being a moron helped the said hijacking to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    So you would define fingering two girls while they were unconcious as a "mistake?" I guess he just slipped or something.... So if one of the fathers of those two girls finds this kid and happens to slip and accidently bash in his skull, I guess we could call that a "mistake" as well?

I am curious to see how this judge is treated. The judge in that Stanford case in which the rapist was only given 6 months was crucified in the media. This kid didn't even get any time...
    Personally I don't equate fingering someone to hitting someone hard enough that brain matter comes out... but you know...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sorry, but if you come across even one sleeping female and think, "Awesome, now's my chance," you belong in jail. Let alone acting on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds pretty clear cut to me. Kid is a predator and should get 10-15 years for the pair of rapes.
    I'm not one of those people who are worried about the kid or his feelings.. but how do you think sending him to prison for 15 years would really improve anything? Why not just shoot him point blank?

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    If I leave a running car, with license and registration inside on a street in a bad neighborhood - the guy that hijacks the car is still at fault for doing that, but me being a moron helped the said hijacking to happen.
    And the guy is still going to be charged with grand-theft. The police literally run stings where they do this.

Compare the situations, then ask what this guy would be charged with. Remember, rape in mass is any penetration (even with fingers) against consent using force. The using force part is excepted in cases where intoxication causes a loss of ability to give consent.

As an aside, weirdly, by case law, you can pose as your brother and sleep with your sister-in-law and it's not rape in mass.

Deleted
    Are you saying this case is unproven? He pled guilty. From the story:

Bolding mine. The ruling means it doesn't go on his record if he completes his probation and counseling.
    Pleading guilty doesn't mean that he actually is guilty, in the US it is avery real problem, people pleading guilty because you would be longer in jail if you keep denying the thing you did not do. Or even worse, get convicted of something you did not do and your life is over. This is a typical "he said, she said" case, the only ones who kind of know what happened were all heavily inebriated. So, no i can't fault this guy for pleading guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Pleading guilty doesn't mean that he actually is guilty, in the US it is avery real problem, people pleading guilty because you would be longer in jail if you keep denying the thing you did not do. Or even worse, get convicted of something you did not do and your life is over. This is a typical "he said, she said" case, the only ones who kind of know what happened were all heavily inebriated. So, no i can't fault this guy for pleading guilty.
    So the text message he sent one of the victims as an apology doesn't constitute knowledge of wrongdoing in this case why? In this case, the guilty plea is exactly what it means. This isn't just a "he said, she said" case. There were two victims, there's evidence of consciousness of guilt. You don't really get to say that here.

10+ Year Old Account
    truly a serial rapist in the making here folks. won't be surprised if he turns out like ted bundy. this judge is essentially telling him it's ok.
    the judge should immediately be removed from office.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-08-24 at 01:23 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, he should probably go to jail for a few months or be fined heavily. But his actions are not critically destructive, and it would be injustice for his life to be ruined. He didn't kill anyone. He poked a couple of vaginas. The fact that he was charged with rape is already a stretch, as much as I am personally disgusted by his archetype.