Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Should WOW have blood and gore?

Ive noticed one glaring thing when battling in wow, theres no blood, like almost at all. Mobs just lie there like stuffed animals when killed.

Should the game have more blood and gore in it akin to Diablo? Id personally like if they added some blood to the game like in WC3.

Deleted
    Guess you haven't done the final Isle of Thunder scenario yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Ive noticed one glaring thing when battling in wow, theres no blood, like almost at all. Mobs just lie there like stuffed animals when killed.

Should the game have more blood and gore in it akin to Diablo? Id personally like if they added some blood to the game like in WC3.
    Well, it already has blood. Though, a puddle of blood or the likes, I think would be more a waste of resources than looking towards a larger picture.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph Of Deep Wounds

Deleted
    no it shouldnt.
    if you wanna blood and gore wow is the wrong game for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the option should be there.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    When you think of a lot of things, WoW is really dark in a lot of aspects, they're just much more subtle than upfront gore.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

People normally stop caring about stuff like that when they outgrow adolescence.

Can't see how it would add anything at all to the experience... More scary, dark stuff where it fits? Fine by me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    People normally stop caring about stuff like that when they outgrow adolescence.
    Also, this ^
    While I can appreciate gore and violence in stories, I've never been one to enjoy movies or games focused on those things. WoW having gore and blood just for the sake of it, wouldn't add shit to the experience. There being more dark stories however, would. Can't wait for the next Scourge-focused expansion where we'll be getting updated models for those creatures.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-24 at 01:51 PM.

I don't think gore or more blood would make WoW any better. The game is fine without it.

7+ Year Old Account
    and how or why would that make wow any better?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I found this incredibly ironic when considering your Screen Name and the sub-text below it.

I also disagree with the idea that you outgrow the desire for carnage with age.

While you make a decent argument, the art style of the game in general does not lend itself to any real amount of gore. I think what little bit we do see is perfectly acceptable. Now, if WoW was rendered under an Unreal engine, for example, then having the current level of "gore" definitely wouldn't make sense.

Remember, this game is meant to be playable by kids as well. So they really can't have anything that intense without changing the rating.

They should at least give the option, but you know...sadly wow is a PEGI12/ESRB Teen game, I mean, they didn't showed blood in the broken shore cinematic when the 2 felguards stabed Varian.

It's really funny to read the ESRB of Legion xD

This is a massively multiplayer online (MMO) role-playing game set in the imaginary land of Azeroth. As players explore open-world environments, they can interact with characters, form alliances, and complete quests to “level up” their character. Quest objectives sometimes involve using magic and/or hand-to-hand combat to kill various creatures (e.g., giant monsters, ogres, trolls, woodland animals) and at times non-adversary characters (e.g., human-like villagers). Damage is indicated by slashing sounds, gunfire, explosions, and depleted life meters; some attacks result in splashes of blood and/or creatures bursting into small red chunks. During the course of the game, players' character can consume wine, mead, and other alcoholic beverages; drinking too much results in staggering/swaying and blurred screen effects. Players can interact with scantily clad characters, listen to suggestive dialogue (e.g., "Is that a mana wyrm in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"), or view provocative dance routines performed by elves and other player-characters. One quest requires players to search for specific creatures amid a landscape covered with piles of brown feces. The words "a*s," "bastard," and "b*tch" occasionally appear in dialogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is far too cartoonish with it's art style to be gore-y imo.

Deleted
    I would like an option to have more blood. There is blood in the game but only rarely. For example a man bleeds out than dies in shadowmoon valley after 'saving' him from the podlings. Blood drops falls from his wounds as he walks, but it is only there so it makes his death more reasonable. Not just fall on the ground but really bleed out and die. What I would like to see is more blood in fights like in Diablo.

If the game had a realistic aesthetic, then yes. I think they just include it when it makes sense in the abstract - to show a wounded Shado-Pan NPC or for warriors because really... what other cool spell effects can warriors have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    blood and gore = the minimum age of 12 would be raised
    Actually minimal blood is fine. Just not a mash of gore and blood.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.aspx

The rating system that WoW uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismite View Post
    I found this incredibly ironic when considering your Screen Name and the sub-text below it.

I also disagree with the idea that you outgrow the desire for carnage with age.
    I bet you do.