Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    You misunderstood me. The badness of the sex can have lots of factors.

Sexual Compatibility
    People have different libidos and don't always like the same things sexually. It's not always as easy as "They'll figure it out".

Edit - If one can have great sex with a someone else, why settle for the "not so good sex"?
    Exactly. There's a lot more at work here than the simple mechanics of sex.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I feel like we're talking about completely different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    My immediate thoughts were that she's going to be incredibly disappointed on her wedding night.
    Yes, their first time is almost certainly going to be "disappointing" on both sides; however, the point of marriage is that two people work together to make all aspects of their lives successful. Marriage used to be actually be considered, with few exceptions, a lifetime commitment. Nowadays it's more disposable and the commitment is seriously lacking. If you truly love the person you've married and plan to be with them forever, then you should be more than willing to figure out how to be sexual compatible.

FYI, there is nothing stopping a couple who are dating from having conversations about their sexual desires to determine how compatible they are before actually having sex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    While I personally don't believe in it, if I started dating a girl who said she wanted to wait...I would think it is kinda hot.
    For the first 2 dates maybe if even that, then it would be bye bye...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    I know plenty of people who believe in it.
    I refuse to believe you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know lots of people who believe in no sex before marriage... but then, I'm an evangelical Christian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a lot of work... getting married and divorced for every one night stand.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Seems like a massive waste of your life to abstain from sex before marriage. But meh, people do what thy please. I just think it is wasteful and foolish.

I am not religious in the least and do not know anyone personally who harbors such views as the OP related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    While I personally don't believe in it, if I started dating a girl who said she wanted to wait...I would think it is kinda hot.
    I never really understood the appeal of "having a virgin." It took me years of sex to figure out what I was doing, what I liked, and how to approach different women. I can't imagine having to work through that whole period with a girl that has no experience. I much prefer a girl who has had lots of sex and knows what she likes and isn't ashamed of it, isn't tentative or nervous about it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Marriage used to be actually be considered, with few exceptions, a lifetime commitment.
    Actually marriage used to be considered, with few exceptions, a business transaction: my daughter for your horses and some cash, etc.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Actually marriage used to be considered, with few exceptions, a business transaction: my daughter for your horses and some cash, etc.
    I'm not sure how your comment changes anything that I said. It still is treated that way in many cultures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I know lots of people who believe in no sex before marriage... but then, I'm an evangelical Christian.
    Case in point: dysfunctional doesn't begin to cover it.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I never really understood the appeal of "having a virgin." It took me years of sex to figure out what I was doing, what I liked, and how to approach different women. I can't imagine having to work through that whole period with a girl that has no experience. I much prefer a girl who has had lots of sex and knows what she likes and isn't ashamed of it, isn't tentative or nervous about it.
    Can I be disgustingly material about it reeve?
    My life partner did not have previous sexual relationships before me, and you know what.... it's that feeling of knowing I tapped her first.

There, hate me

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I waited due to religious reasons. My wife doesn't share my religion and had a couple partners before me. The first time was... not super great. Mostly due to nerves. We did have sex on our wedding night but we were so exhausted I'm surprised it happened. Anyway, the first time wasn't super amazing but now that we're several years in, it's much better. We were willing to discuss what we do and don't like up front and that's all that really mattered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    I'm not sure how your comment changes anything that I said. It still is treated that way in many cultures.
    It wasn't about love and it was only a lifetime commitment because the young girl / woman (if she's lucky) had zero choice in the matter.

Hope that cleared things up for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serath View Post
    I waited due to religious reasons. My wife doesn't share my religion and had a couple partners before me. The first time was... not super great. Mostly due to nerves. We did have sex on our wedding night but we were so exhausted I'm surprised it happened. Anyway, the first time wasn't super amazing but now that we're several years in, it's much better. We were willing to discuss what we do and don't like up front and that's all that really mattered.
    No surprise anal sex then I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    My life partner did not have previous sexual relationships before me, and you know what.... it's that feeling of knowing I tapped her first.
    That's what she says, anyway.

Sadly if she's really telling the truth deep down somewhere she'll always have to wonder about what it would be like to be with others. Sounds like a shaky foundation for any relationship.

It wasn't about love and it was only a lifetime commitment because the young girl / woman (if she's lucky) had zero choice in the matter.

Hope that cleared things up for you.
    Again, that doesn't change anything I wrote. I don't even understand why you wrote your original comment as it doesn't add anything to the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    I'm not sure how people can. Every wedding I have been too, being Northern Irish, the bride and groomsman were absolutely shit faced. Maybe the woman can, but when I am in the same state as the groomsman, I pass out as soon as my head hits a pillow (never mind getting it up).
    Irish Whiskey dick ?

Deleted
    That's what she says, anyway.

Sadly if she's really telling the truth deep down somewhere she'll always have to wonder about what it would be like to be with others. Sounds like a shaky foundation for any relationship.
    Yeah no that is a load of cock lol.
    If your life partner wonders about what it would be like with others you done fucked up bro.