What spec should i go with?

Hi

I haven't played my warrior as a Main since Wrath but i really like the theme and all in Legion. So i will main my warrior once again as a DPS. In my Guild we will be raiding mythic. Nothing really hardcore so no full 5 times a week and stuff.

Since i didn't play my warrior for quite some time i wanted to ask what spec i should choose. I want to perform well but haven't played the class in a long time. Is there a spec out of the two that is currently performing well and is easy to learn? I will for sure be playing both specs when both artifacts are ready and i'm up to date on the class really. But until then i don't want to be a burden to my guild and be able to do good dmg.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Are you wanting to PvP? If so, go Arms since you can do both Pve and PvP with it.

I BELIEVE that Arms is ahead of Fury in both PvE and PvP, so it's likely the go to spec, unless you just loathe the playstyle of Arms.

Thanks for your reply!

In terms of playstyle i used to like both of them. As I said that was in WotLK. I will do PvP yes but PvE is always first.

I don't really care what spec is best. What's important to me is with wich of them i'm able to perform best as someone that hasn't played warrior in a while.

At the moment there is very little reason to play fury. Arms do about the same damage or a bit more even but the fact that fury takes 30% more damage makes it rather bad for... anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    At the moment there is very little reason to play fury. Arms do about the same damage or a bit more even but the fact that fury takes 30% more damage makes it rather bad for... anything.
    I've read on Discord and other forums that the two specs are really close in terms of Single Target dmg. But for arms to perform really well it requires quite a bit of investment. So I'm not sure if arms is the spec to go for me since i didn't play warrior for some time now.

But as you say the 30% damage increase is what also concerns me. Even with the Talent reduction to 20% i can't see that as good thing in a raid environment. On top of that if I'm not able to perform well i will be nothing but a bother for my Raid.

So my only question would be if Arms really is hard to play to perform well? Usually I have a high learning curve and can adapt quickly but still I'm by no means a pro player. So is it possible for me to perform at max with Arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    I've read on Discord and other forums that the two specs are really close in terms of Single Target dmg. But for arms to perform really well it requires quite a bit of investment. So I'm not sure if arms is the spec to go for me since i didn't play warrior for some time now.

But as you say the 30% damage increase is what also concerns me. Even with the Talent reduction to 20% i can't see that as good thing in a raid environment. On top of that if I'm not able to perform well i will be nothing but a bother for my Raid.

So my only question would be if Arms really is hard to play to perform well? Usually I have a high learning curve and can adapt quickly but still I'm by no means a pro player. So is it possible for me to perform at max with Arms?

Don't worry about how you will perform. Both Arms and Fury have like 3-5 buttons push so the rotations are pretty easy with that said warriors
    is very much about CD management and keeping enrage buff up as much as possible (fury). Just choose the spec you want to go for before you start
    your leveling and by the time you reach 110 you probably have figured out your chosen spec. But as other people already mentioned here arms
    is the way to go for PvP so if you plan on some PvP go arms. I find my self a little bit rage starved as Arms once in a while but that will probably
    change when you get good gear and artifacts. My suggestion is that you take some time to really dig in to the specs. Pros and cons. Test them out
    and make your choice. If you feel a bit newbish make sure you have appropriate add ons. I would suggest you get WA, there is some neat rotation
    helpers and you can keep track of your spells and cds. You can find som really good WA strings here on this forum. With that said good luck to you in Legion and my the loot be with you.

(edit typo)

Thanks for your advice.

I want to PvP yes but it's not high on my priority list on choosing a spec. It's more or less irelevant since by the time i will start doing PvP I will have both specs available. I looked into the 2 specs from videos guides and stuff. I'm not really interested in the state they are in on live since it's pre patch. So there is not really much to do except asking on forums for advice how it's going to be in legion. I'm not a Theorycrafter so I rather ask people that are.

But if Arms seems to be viable i will most likely go with that spec. In terms of Addons I always use WA. I often make my own custom Interface and stuff so that's always there.

Thanks for your help.

Deleted
    The damage taken increase from Fury won't be detrimental to Furys raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    The damage taken increase from Fury won't be detrimental to Furys raid spot.
    That's good to know. Non the less it's really akward. I get where they're coming from with the idea but it just seems so unnecessary to me.

Anyway I'll keep looking for more Information until Launch.

Thank you all for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    Thanks for your advice.

I want to PvP yes but it's not high on my priority list on choosing a spec. It's more or less irelevant since by the time i will start doing PvP I will have both specs available. I looked into the 2 specs from videos guides and stuff. I'm not really interested in the state they are in on live since it's pre patch. So there is not really much to do except asking on forums for advice how it's going to be in legion. I'm not a Theorycrafter so I rather ask people that are.

But if Arms seems to be viable i will most likely go with that spec. In terms of Addons I always use WA. I often make my own custom Interface and stuff so that's always there.

Thanks for your help.
    Except for one ability the specs and rotations will be the same as they are now. I can't tell how it is later down the line when you get a lot more gear. If anything they'll probably less complex and they aren't very complex now.

15+ Year Old Account
    The specc'd you'll enjoy playing the most.