Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post

Yet some people want to believe it is more likely both vehicles were damaged due to unrelated circumstances, the deceased was unaware he was being pursued for 8-10 miles, and a cop just randomly shot someone who was peacefully exiting their vehicle. I mean, seriously? With the known facts, that's the scenario you think is most likely?
    In the US?

Sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    It isnt the operating, it is reacting to audible stimuli. I can imagine it is why in some states its illegal to drive with headphones on.
    Which is not needed to properly drive the car.

Aside from a car honking, what else do you need to hear?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Threads like this make me glad I aren't in the US
    Grammar like this makes me glad I'm not from Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    In the US?

Sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is not needed to properly drive the car.

Aside from a car honking, what else do you need to hear?
    Screeching tires, sirens, the screams of pedestrians...
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    It's very low. No official numbers on actual numbers of police shootings but the closest I found was close to 1000 people last year in America. ( again not official) and this year seems to be on target with that. Tens of millions of people are stopped every year for a traffic stop. Based on those very vague numbers , we can conclude that a very minute amount of people are shot by the police.
    Now take that number, reference other countries same numbers and then see what's wrong with the outcome.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Deaf people can drive? Maybe they shouldn't in the first place.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at all the people saying "well why didn't he pull over after seeing the sirens".

Fucking barbaric savages. Wasn't aware not pulling over was considered a death sentence.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Lol at all the people saying "well why didn't he pull over after seeing the sirens".

Fucking barbaric savages. Wasn't aware not pulling over was considered a death sentence.
    Going by some posters here, not instantly complying with an officers orders equals death sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    It isnt the operating, it is reacting to audible stimuli. I can imagine it is why in some states its illegal to drive with headphones on.
    There are a multitiude of visual aids to help deaf people drive effectively.

Educate yourself instead of remaining ignorant and spouting idiocy. It's in the exact same report as the one I've referred to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    This. It is definitely a safety concern imo.
    There is no statistical evidence that deaf people are involved in car accidents at a higher rate than non-deaf people, nor is there any evidence that they are more at risk.
    In Finland it has even been found that deaf drivers are involved in less accidents than non-deaf drivers.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-08-24 at 03:53 PM.

I often see/hear the statement "the officer does not know is the suspect armed".
    That is a very valid statement and i agree that the officers should defend themselves if they are threatened.

But maybe, just maybe, the officers would feel less threatened if the civilians were not allowed to carry weapons as if they are a paramilitary force.
    In certain parts of the USA the civilian population is more heavily armed than the street policemen of many European countries!

Remove weapons AND ammo from the hands of the civilians.
    Ban carrying weapons on the streets/public and in cars - if someone wants to own a weapon he can keep it in his home or in the firing range club.

There is no reason for civilians to be carrying deadly weapons so often that it makes the police paranoid to the point of "headshot first - ask later".
    Weapon manufacturer corporations will do everything possible to continue mass selling weapons to anyone they can, regardless of the harmful effect to the society.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    There are a multitiude of visual aids to help deaf people drive effectively.

Educate yourself instead of remaining ignorant and spouting idiocy. It's in the exact same report as the one I've referred to.
    I did not say anything about the ABILITY of the deaf to drive. I only pointed out in some states it is illegal to drive with headphones on. I can only imagine it is because of some safety issue. There is no need to get all belligerent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I often see/hear the statement "the officer does not know is the suspect armed".
    That is a very valid statement and i agree that the officers should defend themselves if they are threatened.

But maybe, just maybe, the officers would feel less threatened if the civilians were not allowed to carry weapons as if they are a paramilitary force.
    In certain parts of the USA the civilian population is more heavily armed than the street policemen of many European countries!

Ban carrying weapons on the streets/public and in cars - if someone wants to own a weapon he can keep it in his home or in the firing range club.

There is no reason for civilians to be carrying deadly weapons so often that it makes the police paranoid to the point of "headshot first - ask later".
    Weapon manufacturer corporations will do everything possible to continue mass selling weapons to anyone they can, regardless of the harmful effect to the society.
    This whole post presumes that law abiding gun owners are going around shooting at cops. The only people shooting at cops are criminals, which these laws you propose would have no effect on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

So punish those that did nothing wrong. Because Jimmy stole a candy bar off the teacher's desk, no one is allowed to have candy in class.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    So punish those that did nothing wrong. Because Jimmy stole a candy bar off the teacher's desk, no one is allowed to have candy in class.
    Yes, that is what is happening. Because there are crimminals and because everyone could have a gun hidden somewhere the police constantly gets into situations where they must fear for their life and end up potentially shooting at innocents for some stupid misunderstanding.

Why continue punishing innocent police officers and random citizens for the probability that some criminal could pull a gun?

Someone reached for a gun so now no one is allowed to move, ever, if an officer looks at them?

Is that what you are asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post

We don't know the reason he was shot and haven't seen the footage so I gave no opinion on whether he should have been shot or not. I'm just wondering why he didn't pull over sooner or how he could not see the flashing lights chasing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, that is what is happening. Because there are crimminals and because everyone could have a gun hidden somewhere the police constantly gets into situations where they must fear for their life and end up potentially shooting at innocents for some stupid misunderstanding.

Why continue punishing innocent police officers and random citizens for the probability that some criminal could pull a gun?

Someone reached for a gun so now no one is allowed to move, ever, if an officer looks at them?

Is that what you are asking?
    I assume you aren't ignorant, so I'm pretty sure you can glean what I mean from what I typed. I am asking simply 'Why are you for punishing those that did not do 'x' because of those that did do 'x'.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    More trigger happy law enforcement. Their jobs must be that boring it seems.
    Or maybe officers that are fearful for their own lives because the entire country is trying to make police out to be the bad guys? How about you consider what it'd be like to go to work every day knowing that in the span of a few seconds you could be dead. Not to mention that the majority of people you encounter are going to treat you like shit, be distrustful of you and the knowledge that there are people that actively want to harm you.

But yeah, whatever. They must just enjoy shooting people.

Tragic, but if you're unable to fully function as a driver, which includes hearing sirens, then you have no business behind the wheel of a car.

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Tragic, but if you're unable to fully function as a driver, which includes hearing sirens, then you have no business behind the wheel of a car.
    and deserve to be shot and killed because of it?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    and deserve to be shot and killed because of it?
    Nowhere did he say that, he just said the person should not be driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Nowhere did he say that, he just said the person should not be driving.
    Context would say otherwise.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8