Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    I'm asking here because my reseaeches on the internet have been useless and I have some questions about how you manage loot in your raids.

We are a Normal / Heroic guild. We are usually ahead of the curve but not by much because we don't leave people behind. Whatever, we have been using EPGP since WotLK, and with just a pair of cases of selfish people wanting everything that droped and leaving, we have had not much problems.

But during this expansion we have noted a new problem. As saves begun being personal, people started to pug the bosses we had in progression and ahead, looting their own loot outside the EPGP guild system. We can't forbid people to pug whatever they want, but with that our loot system lost part of its meaning.

People who pug stay at the top of the system because they loot less with us and have always priority in whatever they want. On the other side, as they have looted outside, more pieces are available to the rest of the raid. This ended in some hard but civilized discusions between the officers.

Have your guild ever had this problem? Can we change the EPGP system someway? Do you use another loot system that might work beter? Thanks for your time and your help!
    My Current Guild before we stopped raiding we did Loot Council but used EPGP as reference to how often they got loot.

The Guild Before they RL allowed the raiders to make the decision while used EPGP if there was any discrepancies.

As an example there was 5 plate wearers in the raid (2 dps Warriors, 1dps Dk 1 Tank DK and Holy pally with DPS O/S) we had a private channel where we discussed our strats, loot and whatever else. Our RL/LM had no issues with loot and it was usually 5 second decision on who got what.

The only loot system I have ever liked was council based. However, for your guild it sounds personal loot may be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    I'm asking here because my reseaeches on the internet have been useless and I have some questions about how you manage loot in your raids.

We are a Normal / Heroic guild. We are usually ahead of the curve but not by much because we don't leave people behind. Whatever, we have been using EPGP since WotLK, and with just a pair of cases of selfish people wanting everything that droped and leaving, we have had not much problems.

But during this expansion we have noted a new problem. As saves begun being personal, people started to pug the bosses we had in progression and ahead, looting their own loot outside the EPGP guild system. We can't forbid people to pug whatever they want, but with that our loot system lost part of its meaning.

People who pug stay at the top of the system because they loot less with us and have always priority in whatever they want. On the other side, as they have looted outside, more pieces are available to the rest of the raid. This ended in some hard but civilized discusions between the officers.

Have your guild ever had this problem? Can we change the EPGP system someway? Do you use another loot system that might work beter? Thanks for your time and your help!
    You are going to loot tons of gear from mythic + dungeons in legion so my suggestion whould simply be to scrap ur dkp systm :P if you are just raiding casually id suggest using personal loot tbh.

We've always done a loot council, using EPGP as our loot distribution addon, even if we didn't use the EPGP system itself. It's worked far better than other loot methods I've seen. One guild I was in had all the officers + RL in the council and one raid member would rotate through per week to help keep it unbiased. We've recently decided to swap to RC Loot Council as our addon as it just does better stuff for us.

This is an interesting problem that we faced. Their lack of eligibility for loot removes a chance at loot dropping for your team. Even if they're high on priority, you can't give them a piece of loot that dropped in the raid if they already killed that boss in a PUG. So the big issue is the fact that one less person being eligible for loot is a 20% drop in the chance of a piece of loot dropping, which impacts everyone else.

I asked my members that if they were going to PUG to please wait until after the raid days for the team, or do it on a difficulty that we're not working on. If they're not willing to do that, you'll have to weigh if their performance is worth a 20% less chance of a piece of loot dropping. But in my experience, someone more concerned about themselves rather than the team is not worth having around anyway.

It's also important to note that in the long run, the amount of gear will work itself out. But when your team is hoping for specific drops, having one less chance of an item dropping all together can be demoralizing in the moment and can lead to problems. This happens more so if more than one of your raiders decides to PUG before raid.
    Last edited by Virond; 2016-08-24 at 04:20 PM.

Have a shift to RCLC, see what happens!