Quote Originally Posted by antoniodourado View Post
    Where did he post it?
    Probably in the shaman discord. I should really join it too someday...
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Yeah it was in the Shaman discord

Can you link the Shaman discord? I don't have the info and I'd like to look it over during the downtime at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotics View Post
    Can you link the Shaman discord? I don't have the info and I'd like to look it over during the downtime at work.
    https://discord.gg/0VcupJEQX0HuE5HH

Despite how much or how little we "needed" the Windfury buff, I'm glad we have it, if only because having Windfury and Stormbringer have the same proc chance felt very odd to me. Windfury happening more often just makes sense, flavor-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post

Tempest does the exact opposite of freeing up the rotation though and it shows in logs in the pre-patch. Tempest, while playable, is worse than Stormlash in a raid/group environment currently. Ascendance works great currently because of the high burst output via ring and fast kill times. Of course with Legion hitting, Landslide will be the better option. AS and Hailstorm are both decent, Hailstorm wins out on pure single target DPS while AS is stronger in AoE situations. AS is also great when you have low haste. Currently speaking from experience: you cant really sustain the maelstrom power with hailstorm and tempest picked, especially when playing with Crashing Storm. You're more or less devaluing that talent willingly in favor for more hailstorm and SS casts, which would be fine, when SS resets would have a higher chance to proc - that doesn't really work out at least in my experience and it highly depends on kill times and general group-setup.

For Pre-patch: Stormlash/Tempest - AS/Hailstorm - Ascendance (if fast kills and high ring upgrade) / Landslide.
    In Legion itself, Tempest will have more value since you have a higher maelstrom generation; Ascendance loses value since you wont have a lot of fast kill times and you'll be missing a ton of burst via ring - it might be better for some fights though, I have no clue about that; Wordup might have more data on this.

Edit: Logs for reference https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...7744491/latest
    Cool, thanks for the info. Didn't realize Stormlash was actually useful... may just be ego that keeps me from using it until it shows up in the dps meters lol. That is a good point about Tempest procs, but it seems like we just got some more MS generation and many of the artifact traits buff SS and stormbringer so more SS's seems like the obvious choice to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning-
    I like Earthern Spike, but the maelstrom cost, cd and 10sec buff doesn't feel rewarding at all compared to the other two talents which are way easier to use.
    I feel like its range should be buffed to 20-30 yds (so you can use with overcharge for a nice, meaty long range LB), plus I would agree with either longer buff duration or lower MS cost.

Also, does Ascendance still rely on procs? Wouldn't it be better to either lower the CD on SS so you can use it like 4-5 times during Ascendance (but not stormbringer procs), or make it auto trigger Stormbringer procs to guarantee you get multiple SS uses.

And anyone else think Sundering would be better as a narrow cone instead of a straight line? Preferably with a knockdown instead. I feel like both functionally and visually it would work alot better.

Lastly, is anyone going to use Lightning Shield? This seems like the most boring passive talent ever. Does it get better with artifact wep, or stuff like being use with Earthen Spike? I'd rather see a weaker version go baseline, or turn it into a cosmetic glyph, and put a more interesting talent in its place. We have so much passive elemental damage procs already.

still needs procs, such a poor design if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    Also, does Ascendance still rely on procs? Wouldn't it be better to either lower the CD on SS so you can use it like 4-5 times during Ascendance (but not stormbringer procs), or make it auto trigger Stormbringer procs to guarantee you get multiple SS uses.
    From my own experience: yes. It relies pretty heavily on SB procs. It does reset the first stormstrike like it used to, but besides that, you still need SB procs or a ton of haste and mastery, to get reliable resets (not counting in BL, it proccs relatively often there).

And anyone else think Sundering would be better as a narrow cone instead of a straight line? Preferably with a knockdown instead. I feel like both functionally and visually it would work alot better.
    I think it would be a shockwave 2.0 with this change and would make it a lot better. It needs a stun and a lower Maelstrom Cost and probably cooldown. Its a relatively good burst AoE talent, but thats all it has currently unfortunately.

Lastly, is anyone going to use Lightning Shield? This seems like the most boring passive talent ever. Does it get better with artifact wep, or stuff like being use with Earthen Spike? I'd rather see a weaker version go baseline, or turn it into a cosmetic glyph, and put a more interesting talent in its place. We have so much passive elemental damage procs already.
    Lightning Shield - nope. Not until they buff it and make it a viable choice. There are almost no synergies within the talent tree or artifact for Lightning Shield.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Of course i think that AS will be the firt talent we putting, as we will have low haste, after, of course will be viable Hailstorm.

On the other hand I test the rotation enough, and revienwing some logs the other shamans his skill with more damage is Stormstrike, y dont know as they can get, as I need use Boudelfirts a lot for Maelstorm, and this and that means that is the skill that does more damage.

Certainlly Darleth I see you logs, and I have seen, that you only use crafting trinket`s, is viable? i use sometimes relic trinket, and Archi trinket (Mirror and Soul is desfased).

Deleted
    According to Wordups's Enhancement Legion Calc. With a talent setup like Windsong, (Feral Lunge), (LST), Hailstorm, Tempest, Fury of Air and Landslide I get ~1k more dps. Not much but this should be the best talent setup or not?
    Greets

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoxa View Post
    Of course i think that AS will be the firt talent we putting, as we will have low haste, after, of course will be viable Hailstorm.

On the other hand I test the rotation enough, and revienwing some logs the other shamans his skill with more damage is Stormstrike, y dont know as they can get, as I need use Boudelfirts a lot for Maelstorm, and this and that means that is the skill that does more damage.

Certainlly Darleth I see you logs, and I have seen, that you only use crafting trinket`s, is viable? i use sometimes relic trinket, and Archi trinket (Mirror and Soul is desfased).
    Both crafted trinkets are viable, as Wordup said when the pre-patch hit. Keep the Accountbound Trinket though, its not worth it to buy another crafted trinket now, because WoD is as over as it can be.

You also aren't speedkilling the bosses I guess. Most bosses die so fast, that you dont need that many BF's because Wolves and BL (Maelstrom Weapon Procs) provide enough Maelstrom Power. This is only true for speedkilling. Also, Core is one of the worst trinkets currently because of the low proc chance of windfury.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnson View Post
    According to Wordups's Enhancement Legion Calc. With a talent setup like Windsong, (Feral Lunge), (LST), Hailstorm, Tempest, Fury of Air and Landslide I get ~1k more dps. Not much but this should be the best talent setup or not?
    Greets
    Highly depends if he has this updated currently, as Boulderfist, Hailstorm, Tempest, Crashing Storm and Landslide will be the stronger choice, since you'll want to use Crash Lightning way more often because of the Gathering Storms trait, which increases Stormstrike damage by 2/4/6% for every target hit.

Edit: For those interested if core is good after the Hotfix for the last ID of HFC, a quote from Wordup from the Shaman Discord:
    the buffs didn't change anything regarding talents, it didn't make the class trinket worth using, it was about 3%
    Keep the Core for leveling guys.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-08-24 at 11:43 AM.

*tips m'fedora*

hey guys, there are too many pages you might discussed it before but here is my questions i ll be glad if you can spare time;
    i dont know how to react to few encounters,
    first question, lets say i'm at mythic dungeon and im facing a pack of mobs and frostbrand, flametongue buffs are missing. what should i do ? activate buffs or boulderfist>CL>SS>LL for aoe damage. ( whatever is the answer, should i change the patern if its raid ? )
    second question, my frostbrand, flametongue buffs are expired and stormbringer is proced, what should i do? add buff first then stormstrike or use stormstrike asap ?
    sorry for my broken english, i hope i'm clear enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeUpDead View Post
    hey guys, there are too many pages you might discussed it before but here is my questions i ll be glad if you can spare time;
    i dont know how to react to few encounters,
    first question, lets say i'm at mythic dungeon and im facing a pack of mobs and frostbrand, flametongue buffs are missing. what should i do ? activate buffs or boulderfist>CL>SS>LL for aoe damage. ( whatever is the answer, should i change the patern if its raid ? )
    second question, my frostbrand, flametongue buffs are expired and stormbringer is proced, what should i do? add buff first then stormstrike or use stormstrike asap ?
    sorry for my broken english, i hope i'm clear enough.
    You should always have your buffs up, even for AoE. The initial hit of Crash Lightning deals overall MORE damage than SS hits or Lava Lash, as it procs both your weapon enchants on all targets that it hits.

In the second case, not having Buffs up is a dps loss. You should rebuff it soon enough so this never happens. If it DOES happen, dump the procs first and rebuff then.

*tips m'fedora*

You should always have your buffs up, even for AoE. The initial hit of Crash Lightning deals overall MORE damage than SS hits or Lava Lash, as it procs both your weapon enchants on all targets that it hits.

In the second case, not having Buffs up is a dps loss. You should rebuff it soon enough so this never happens. If it DOES happen, dump the procs first and rebuff then.
    hey, thanks for answer.

i know i'm always trying to keep my buffs up but there is some situations like pulling thrash group or gap between groups that cause my buffs fade. at boss fights as you said my buffs are going to be up.

main reason that i'm asking this question, at dungeons when i'm trying to apply buffs rest of group is damaging the mobs to below half hp. at mythic dungeons i assume i ll have time to apply my buffs since mobs are going to have more HP than heroics.

Both crafted trinkets are viable, as Wordup said when the pre-patch hit. Keep the Accountbound Trinket though, its not worth it to buy another crafted trinket now, because WoD is as over as it can be.

You also aren't speedkilling the bosses I guess. Most bosses die so fast, that you dont need that many BF's because Wolves and BL (Maelstrom Weapon Procs) provide enough Maelstrom Power. This is only true for speedkilling. Also, Core is one of the worst trinkets currently because of the low proc chance of windfury.
    Then in a boss more normal (long time for kill) is more normal that boudelfirst will be the skill with more damage.

Boudekfirst i guess that will be the talent for legion, but talent lvl 100, we can choose ascedance, no?

I believe you mean Landslide, but yes, in a situation that wants burst more than anything, Ascendance is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoxa View Post
    Then in a boss more normal (long time for kill) is more normal that boudelfirst will be the skill with more damage.

Boudekfirst i guess that will be the talent for legion, but talent lvl 100, we can choose ascedance, no?
    Landslide is better for level 110. The same goes for Boulderfist. Currently with the Ring you can choose Ascendance, yes; but bosses should die relatively fast for it to be REALLY effective. At level 110 it might have some situations where its a good dps gain because it adds some more burst for the fight - Can't be sure 100% though, I dont have data on this.

My updated logs are up. Got some World Rankings and general Top 50/100 rankings. Good riddance Warlords of Draenor. Played every boss with ascendance.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-08-24 at 08:51 PM.

*tips m'fedora*

Y'know, I gotta wonder: does Ascendance make Windfury bypass armor as well? I mean, Windfury does damage based autoattack damage (which is why OH Doom Winds hits hurt less), so if your autoattacks bypass, do the Windfury hits do the same? If so, that could make Doom Winds burst even sillier in ideal situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmauri View Post
    Y'know, I gotta wonder: does Ascendance make Windfury bypass armor as well? I mean, Windfury does damage based autoattack damage (which is why OH Doom Winds hits hurt less), so if your autoattacks bypass, do the Windfury hits do the same? If so, that could make Doom Winds burst even sillier in ideal situations...
    It doesn't. It's still Physical Damage. Would be neat though and actually buff Ascendance, especially during Doom Winds.

*tips m'fedora*

Sadness. :< That would've been cool.