Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    You can imply context from words that aren't there? As others have said, it's illegal in many states to drive with ear phones as it allegedly prevents you from hearing what's going on around you (Ambulances or Fire Trucks for example). I'm not taking a stance one way or the other, but if your state feels hearing is important enough while driving to ban head phones, it stands to reason their concern should extend to deaf people.
    It's not the deafness that bothers me, its the lack of awareness of his surroundings. How could you not look in your rearview mirror and see the cop with flashing lights behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    I assume you aren't ignorant, so I'm pretty sure you can glean what I mean from what I typed. I am asking simply 'Why are you for punishing those that did not do 'x' because of those that did do 'x'.
    I'm not thus I'm for reducing the amount of weapons floating around, because their excessive presence leads to capital punishment for innocents and trauma for innocent police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It's not the deafness that bothers me, its the lack of awareness of his surroundings. How could you not look in your rearview mirror and see the cop with flashing lights behind you.
    Not to mention flashing lights in the mirror in your peripheral vision should make anyone notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Context would say otherwise.
    No, it wouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

and deserve to be shot and killed because of it?
    I'm not sure how you read that into what I wrote unless you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Tragic, but if you're unable to fully function as a driver, which includes hearing sirens, then you have no business behind the wheel of a car.
    I wouldn't say no business but you should have a sticker or something on your car. I'm waiting for more details, honestly this whole article is just screaming clickbait at me.

10+ Year Old Account
    let's assume that this was a normal person who just didn't stop because fuck the police. Nonetheless wtf is the justification of using lethal force in this situation particularly when they are unarmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Tragic, but if you're unable to fully function as a driver, which includes hearing sirens, then you have no business behind the wheel of a car.
    This is the most Moronic statement made.
    My In-Laws are deaf and drive as well if not better than I do, because they have ZERO distractions.. Radio.. Cell phones and such.
    So instead of making stupid ass remarks.. take the time to think things through.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, after speaking with my Deaf Mother-In-Law.. She says its complete Bullshit. You know if a Police officer is behind you.. She just got pulled over driving from Georgia to our home in Texas. She said there is more to the story and just because you are deaf doesn't mean you don't break the law.. drugs and such. So he must of had a reason not to stop.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    My In-Laws are deaf and drive as well if not better than I do, because they have ZERO distractions.. Radio.. Cell phones and such.
    So instead of making stupid ass remarks.. take the time to think things through.
    Well in this case the driver was clearly not fit to be on the road. You shouldn't make generalizations that just because your deaf in-laws are good drivers that all deaf people are good drivers.

Well in this case the driver was clearly not fit to be on the road. You shouldn't make generalizations that just because your deaf in-laws are good drivers that all deaf people are good drivers.
    You're making blanket statements when we don't even have the full story yet.

Also, after speaking with my Deaf Mother-In-Law.. She says its complete Bullshit. You know if a Police officer is behind you.. She just got pulled over driving from Georgia to our home in Texas. She said there is more to the story and just because you are deaf doesn't mean you don't break the law.. drugs and such. So he must of had a reason not to stop.
    Yeah I definitely think there is more to this. Not enough for me to say he should have been shot but enough that I can't believe he didn't know a cop was behind him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    You're making blanket statements when we don't even have the full story yet.
    Do you think that someone unaware of a police officer trying to pull them over for 13km is fit to be on the road?

The irony.

Do you think that someone unaware of a police officer trying to pull them over for 13km is fit to be on the road?
    No of course not but not everyone is like that, so this one specific person should probably not have been driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    No of course not but not everyone is like that, so this one specific person should probably not have been driving.
    Its almost like my post started with "Well in this case..." :P
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2016-08-24 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    let's assume that this was a normal person who just didn't stop because fuck the police. Nonetheless wtf is the justification of using lethal force in this situation particularly when they are unarmed.
    At this point the justification isn't really known. I wish departments would release more info quicker, but at the same time releasing info in any ongoing potentially criminal investigation is usually a no-go unless leads/info is needed on a case that has otherwise hit a wall. That being said, not armed doesn't mean not dangerous. There are numerous videos of "unarmed" suspects who were justifiably shot or could have been justifiably shot. That being said the whole "he couldnt hear the siren" argument because he's deaf is stupid because most normal people wont hear the sirens before they see the cops on a freeway either due to the speeds being traveled, wind noise, radio etc. It might take a minute if you are really inattentive but 13 km is nonsense.

and deserve to be shot and killed because of it?
    Nobody "deserves" to be shot, but a persons actions leading up to getting shot can explain WHY they were shot and which person(people) are at fault.

In this case, he wasnt shot because he was a deaf guy driving. He was shot because he was speeding, failed to pull over, and when he did stop the vehicle he got out and made movement deemed threatening to a police officer.

The police officer sees a speeding car, attempts to pull it over and the driver refuses. He is now thinking I might have a stolen car here, I might have someone who just committed a crime, I might have a potentially dangerous person here. The driver stops, gets out, this can not be good, normally people pulled over dont exit their vehicle without being told. He is not obeying my commands....

Its almost like my post started with "Well in this case..." :P
    Honestly missed that. I need more coffee X_X

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The media make it appear as if you can get shot by a USA cop for absolutely no reason what so ever.
    Well, to be honest they will always have a 'reason':
    ...Did your dog wag it's tail?
    ...Did you breath, wink, shrug, fart, or blow your nose?
    ...Are you poor?
    ...Is your skin color darker than mine?

If so, you could make a cop fear for his life which is all the justification he needs to put a gun against your head and pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Either the cops are paranoid because every child can steal a gun from their parents, or they just love shooting civilians for no reason.
    You hit the nail on the head. The cops in America are paranoid and they are trained to be ready to shoot and kill anyone because everyone is out to get them. I know several cops in several different US states and their mentality is almost exactly the same. They play by a completely different set of rules than the rest of society. If you can get out of speeding tickets and assault charges pretty much any time and you can even get fired from your job for being a horrible human being just to be picked up by the police department the next town over then something is very wrong imho.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    They play by a completely different set of rules than the rest of society. If you can get out of speeding tickets and assault charges pretty much any time and you can even get fired from your job for being a horrible human being just to be picked up by the police department the next town over then something is very wrong imho.
    YOu think this is exclusive to police? I think that describes most public jobs, athletes, actors and even churches.
    Last edited by petej0; 2016-08-24 at 07:13 PM.

Well, maybe USA population will understand sometime that the real reason behind those killings are not "untrained cops", but shitty gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Well, maybe USA population will understand sometime that the real reason behind those killings are not "untrained cops", but shitty gun control.
    The amount of people shot and killed by cops is such a low number in relation to the number of encounters. It doesnt even reach the levels in which anyone is concerned. Maybe people just need to act right.