Page 18 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You are saying that if I get 18 stacks, I then just have to hit the target once every 6 second and I keep all 18 + 1 more for each additional hit stacks forever? Really?
    Last edited by silverstarzs; 2016-08-23 at 06:12 PM.

New suggested Artifact Leveling path. As I've been saying since I posted this thing, the important point is that you get the correct traits filled in by 20th trait (Legacy, RK, and Bullseye). There are 3 or so options to get there, but as long as you get there by the time raid starts you are probably fine. As I said earlier in thread, I'm changing the suggested path because most players probably need some practice with Bullseye before raid starts.

Updated artifact sims that were used for dps upgrade info:

Simcraft settings: 450s +/- 20%, 30k iterations, Simcraft Source

is bullseye more actual dps, or just better for the raid? ether way doesn't matter, but ?I am just wondering.
    Last edited by eathdemon; 2016-08-23 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eathdemon View Post
    is bullseye more actul dps, or just better for the raid? ether way doesn't matter, but ?I am just wondering.
    Can be better dps if the fights are longer or if you managed to drag low level health adds to the bosses in Mythic Dungeons. Either way, it's something that requires some getting used to and is something you should spec into first, imo, rather than going for Legacy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I missing something on your path. When does the purple lines happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Am I missing something on your path. When does the purple lines happen?
    this is the filler, once you've got everything, you can get those in the order you prefer. I'd go for Trueshot CD then turtle first though

Deleted
    I don't get it either

red = 6 traits = 2 weeks?

purple = 4 traits = 6 weeks? (it's missing but it goes from "Blue: Week 4-5" to "Red: Week 14-16")??

this is the filler, once you've got everything, you can get those in the order you prefer. I'd go for Trueshot CD then turtle first though
    But Trueshot CD reduction and Focus regen is not +0dps. Even if it's just a few hundred.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-23 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    Dang it. Just realized something didn't render correctly. I'll fix the purple line stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstarzs View Post
    You are saying that if I get 18 stacks, I then just have to hit the target once every 6 second and I keep all 18 + 1 more for each additional hit stacks forever? Really?
    all I can say is that is not how it looks to be working in beta atm. I just killed 5 of the 'blue' (eg stronger) world quest bosses. My stacks never went above 20, and they did drop to single digit a couple times. I continued my rotation thruout. These were single target cases, but if this was truly a never ending refresh then I should easily have capped. Unfortunately the stuff was dying too quickly after 20% to go thru a couple barrage CD's and really see exactly what was happening.
    Last edited by silverstarzs; 2016-08-23 at 08:04 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I don't get it either

red = 6 traits = 2 weeks?

purple = 4 traits = 6 weeks? (it's missing but it goes from "Blue: Week 4-5" to "Red: Week 14-16")??

But Trueshot CD reduction and Focus regen is not +0dps. Even if it's just a few hundred.
    This was just me creating the image slightly too quickly. Should be updated correctly now.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I'm going to start working on some guide components soon. I'm going to be using my APL, which is different from what you'll find in the default Simcraft APL or on TSL. So, if you want to replicate what I'm seeing, make sure you are using the one I'm working on. Here is what I'm seeing in sim performance between the 3 APLs for MM.

MM Talents = 2303021

MM Talents = 1103021 (preferred for progression)

Simcraft settings: 450s +/- 20%, 50k iterations, Simcraft Source

BTW, for those who had messaged me on the Hunter discord, I will unfortunately be unable to respond. Azor banned me. No idea why. If you are also on the AMR discord, you should be able to friend and message me if needed. I can't promise I'll be on all the time, but when I get online I'll try to respond.

If you post misinformation in the hunter-discussion channel on the Discord, you are likely to get banned.

So, this wasn't just a petty decision with no rational basis? Fair enough. Everything I do I make sure to post complete replication information for others, so if it's misinformation, it's definitely an accident. That being said, no worries. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    If you post misinformation in the hunter-discussion channel on the Discord, you are likely to get banned.
    Mind sharing what the misinformation was, specifically? Saying "you can never post something that turns out to be wrong" seems a little over the top to me, but hey, not my server.

Can you just leave this site already and wallow in your little worship den already? Better off without you. I do love the vague threatening way you posted that to try and be scurry.
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2016-08-24 at 04:46 PM.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

It's really just a case of one person really, really disliking competition. But from my experience in a very competitive research atmosphere, the truth is that competition makes all of us better. It makes Azor work harder on getting his guide right so he can loudly proclaim I am wrong. It makes me work harder because I know if I make even the tiniest mistake, I'm going to catch absolute hell over it and have about every bad label you can possibly imagine attached to me by Azor to anyone who will listen to him. I can handle that. It doesn't really bother me.

But hopefully, at the end of the day, what we are doing gives everyone more information, and maybe it's keeping some of you entertained in the monotony of waiting for Legion to drop. That seems fine.

Of all the people to post misinformation, I highly doubt Effin would be one to do so without reason. Just because a hypothesis turns out to be incorrect doesn't mean a scientist must be ousted from research.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Mind sharing what the misinformation was, specifically? Saying "you can never post something that turns out to be wrong" seems a little over the top to me, but hey, not my server.
    Was mostly his relic sim, though it was really most of the sims he ended up linking. That relic sim has nothing to do with reality, or what you'll actually pick, but because it's a sim people will happily eat it up. As I recall, it was showing MfD on top, which may be true single-target but definitely isn't what you'll actually go with (if we pretend that iLvl isn't way more important than traits for relic choice).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aznxk3vi17 View Post
    Of all the people to post misinformation, I highly doubt Effin would be one to do so without reason. Just because a hypothesis turns out to be incorrect doesn't mean a scientist must be ousted from research.
    I don't believe it was intentional, but that's besides the point. Misleading people, no matter how good your intentions are, is really, really bad. Especially when you're unwilling to hear criticism on that subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    and maybe it's keeping some of you entertained in the monotony of waiting for Legion to drop. That seems fine.
    I've gone broke spending all of my money on popcorn.

I mentioned that I need to rerun the sims and that it is theorycrafting that changes with fight time, adds, etc. I also said I'd be posting a new relic sim that only uses what is available up to Emerald Nightmare. There was all kinds of context around it. It's theorycrafting, and I can stand by that. Are you really going to try to claim that you've never been wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe it was intentional, but that's besides the point. Misleading people, no matter how good your intentions are, is really, really bad. Especially when you're unwilling to hear criticism on that subject.
    In what universe have I been unwilling to hear criticism? At the end of that conversation, I had to go to a dentist appointment and go home from work. Just because someone disconnects from discord doesn't mean they're going off in a huff.

Edit: For anyone curious about the sims, they're the same ones that have been in this thread for a while. If you see a problem with them, feel free to object. They're meant to give people an idea of what relics are looking good if you stack them. With what we have available by EN, it's really hard to stack 3 anyway. IT'S THEORYCRAFTING. As I've said before, and plenty of others have echoed, ilvl of the relics will trump pretty much anything.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2016-08-24 at 04:56 PM.

The relic sim would be wrong regardless of the changes you made, because you'll obviously want Windrunner's Guidance.

I have been wrong, more than once, I am not denying that.