Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Probably better to be mentally prepared for the game to be unplayable for a couple days and expect at least a token DDoS. Even with sharding, better designed zone flow, and allowing players to pick the zones they start off in you'll still have upteen bajillion people trying to log in at once, and some of them will be intent on lagging everyone else out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    LoL honestly trying to suggest blizzard is doing it themselves
    Maybe try to read what he actually said.
    @Topic:
    TBH I think, as long as the first Dalaran Port Thing works we'll be fine. People no longer have to join just 1 scenario because there is an artefact for every spec. As long as they beefed up their instance servers I think, it could be a smooth launch.
    But I have been wrong in the past. Let's hope we wont bottleneck again at some point. The only thing that worries me currently is - like already said - the dalaran port. This could fuck things up in terms of a bottleneck. After that? I think this is the first expansion with quite a lot of locations to choose from.

You guys want to hear a good meme?

DDoS Protection

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Maybe try to read what he actually said.
    Is a group really out to trash blizz's party or are they using "DDoS" as a cover for their own technical failures?

That is from the first post of the topic, and the one I responded to. They were trying to suggest that Blizzard is ddos attacks as a cover up for their own problems.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    If you've been around for a couple of WoW expansions you should know they never have a smooth launch and whether there is a ddos attack or not there will be issues this time too. It's just how it is.
    This is all the info you need.
    I didn't even take time off work since I know it will be wasted time off.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    For launches, Vanilla was bad, TBC was bad, WotLK was good, Cata was good, MoP was fine, WoD was super horrid bad. They've increased server loads, implemented their shard tech all over. I'm guessing it'll be fine, or at least good enough. Probably some lag. Maybe a server crash here and there, but overall an improvement over WoD's launch.
    You weren't there in WotLK, were you? Probably the worst launch of all.

WoD was fixed pretty quickly given the other examples out there. Though theres always room to improve. Giving us to choice to choose our path of progression through the isle and the shards should help a little bit but we don't know what may have been missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    Just how bad is it going to be?
    Unless one of us has a crystal ball, there is no way to know.

There really isn't anything useful or productive about this. Closing.