Thread: Sombra Teaser

Sombra Teaser

Well this is interesting. Should also be noted that the age of the post was counting down(instead of going up) from 21 hours in the main forum page. Its at 3 hours now...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you sit it on there is a big message that obviously needs decrypting, I'm not posting it here tho its massive.

Also shows Reaper standing next to someone on temple of anubis but the picture is all distorted and can't see it properly.
    Last edited by Tenris; 2016-08-24 at 03:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Pretty cool! With Legion coming and this whole Sombra thing in Overwatch, it's a great time to be playing Blizzard games.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

It should be noted that Sombra's spanish is either poorly translated or south-american, as she uses the formal pronoun for you (plural)/you seem (plural): ustedes/parecen, instead of the more common vosotros/parecéis.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-08-24 at 04:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It should be noted that Sombra's spanish is either poorly translated or south-american, as she uses the formal pronoun for you (plural)/you seem (plural): ustedes/parecen, instead of the more common vosotros/parecéis.
    i thought she's speaking mexican-spanish?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i thought she's speaking mexican spanish?
    I believe most, if not all spanish-speaking south-american countries would write it that way, without hearing her accent, the only thing I can tell you is that she isn't from Spain.

I believe most, if not all spanish-speaking south-american countries would write it that way, without hearing her accent, the only thing I can tell you is that she isn't from Spain.
    I believe the guess of her being Mexican came from the hints of Reaper looking for her, and them working together, and Reaper is also Mexican.

7+ Year Old Account
    well considering that many of her first found clues are found on dorado, a mexican map, one of her clues are decorated skulls, aka day of the dead references

its very safe to say that she's from taco land.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I believe the guess of her being Mexican came from the hints of Reaper looking for her, and them working together, and Reaper is also Mexican.
    He's from Los Angeles, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    well considering that many of her first found clues are found on dorado, a mexican map, one of her clues are decorated skulls, aka day of the dead references

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...84aa2e503f.jpg
    its very safe to say that she's from taco land.
    Probably, it's also easier for Blizzard to create a mexican character than it would be to create an argentinian or a chilean one. They're just more used to that culture, it's harder to screw up and be offensive or something like that.

That said, skulls are a common icon, and that one doesn't look particularly... Dia de los Muertos-y.

He's from Los Angeles, actually.
    That doesn't change his ethnicity though is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That doesn't change his ethnicity though is the point.
    "Mexican" is not an ethnicity. Do you mean they are both Hispanic or Latino?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    "Mexican" is not an ethnicity. Do you mean they are both Hispanic or Latino?
    I mean, when the definition is "the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.", I'm pretty sure it's nitpicking.

You know exactly what I mean either way.

I wonder how many people were busy copying that over into Google translate they didn't notice the page starting to freak out.