Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm having an extremely tough time deciding if I should return or not for Legion. Blizzard has let me down in the past,
    and I am having trouble deciding if I should dish out the 15$ to renew my membership, and then another 50 for getting
    legion itself.

So I've come here, to seek your advice. Of everything you've seen, beta, live, everything. Do you think Legion is worth
    giving a chance? If so, why? If not, why?

Thanks.
    You ask advice on the internet, where hearsay and feelings trump truth every time? You won't find what you need from here, you might find what you want to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Do you have anything to back this up? Why will Legion "do far more damage than WoD"? Why do you believe Legion will be bad?
    You must not be paying attention.

The artifact weapons are a disaster. They are outright going to kill the game because players are going to give up on the grind and in the case of alts never attempt it. ...and if you think that the devs won't stubbernly marry themselves to terrible idea no matter it's obvious faults, let's remember garrisons.

That's just the tip of the iceburg. This list of bad ideas that have gone into legion is massive.

Glad you like the invasion event, but even that is just a watered down rehash of the wrath invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Log into your account, level a new character to 20 (Non-sub cap) and try invasions, that should give you an idea of what Legion will be like as far as basic class mechanics and potentially other content.

Beyond that nobody really knows. Even if you're in beta it's hard to judge if something will be good or not unless you're actively playing it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post

The artifact weapons are a disaster. They are outright going to kill the game because players are going to give up on the grind and in the case of alts never attempt it. ...and if you think that the devs won't stubbernly marry themselves to terrible idea no matter it's obvious faults, let's remember garrisons.

That's just the tip of the iceburg. This list of bad ideas that have gone into legion is massive.

Glad you like the invasion event, but even that is just a watered down rehash of the wrath invasion.
    There are several things mitigating the alt "problem" with regards to artifact weapons.
    1) is that artifact power required for each successive upgrade is exponential, meaning that keeping up with alts/alt specs won't put you far behind
    2) catch-up mechanics built in the artifact knowledge system, meaning that as the expansion goes on it will take less and less time to get to the same level
    3) drops - while upgrading the artifact itself is important, relic slot items are drops, and the artifact's iLvl increase comes from those

All-in-all I'm very hopeful about Legion. I'm glad they finally given up on the "faster expansions" goal, which they could never deliver on, but which pretty much caused WoD's biggest problem - lack of content. Looks like the MoP style patch-to-patch story progression is coming back, which I sorely missed from WoD, and hopefully they can even improve on the formula. I'm excited about the new dungeon model, the class stories, zone stories, and as always, the raids look fantastic.

I think there is a great deal to like, but of course we'll see how it all pans out. Crafting is still a thing that could be made a great deal more interesting than it is right now.

Ooh, ooh, can I see "this list of bad ideas"? It's "massive" apparantly, so I assume you've got it somewhere to hand and able to produce it? And I assume that you have facts, not opinions, to back up all the "bad ideas"?

I have the same concern about the introduction of artifact weapons. But I'm enjoying the invasion event, and I don't feel like it's a rehash of the WotLK invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another 'Help me chose' thread.

I would suggest you to look at the Legion section.

Play the game if you wish to play the game, don't play the game if you don't wish to play the game. All the valid help a forum can give you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

no... dont. you'll just be back on these forums in a week complaining about something.

Deleted
    Having Beta'd the last 3 expansions, yes. You should, I have not been so tingly before an expansion since ever.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cool beans, ya I use there live chat support...fuck the ticket system.
    The ticket system isn't the same as their in-game GM system, is it? :O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm having an extremely tough time deciding if I should return or not for Legion. Blizzard has let me down in the past,
    and I am having trouble deciding if I should dish out the 15$ to renew my membership, and then another 50 for getting
    legion itself.

So I've come here, to seek your advice. Of everything you've seen, beta, live, everything. Do you think Legion is worth
    giving a chance? If so, why? If not, why?

Thanks.
    I was in the same ballpark as you. I came back right around mid-July and I'm very happy I did. Even though I had a couple weeks of just the WoD content, by the time I came back, it had been polished up a bit. The game is definitely improved from the beginning of WoD, Mythic dungeons are a nice challenge, and what can I say? It just feels more polished, and 7.0 really made things a bit more interested! I've already bought the collector's edition box on amazon.

Had you told me 6 months ago I'd come back for Legion, I'd have said, "yeah, maybe AFTER launch if it does well!"

And if you told me a year ago when I was 100% enthralled by Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn and its Heavensward expansion, I would have really laughed.

Suffice to say, I am pretty happy to be back!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

No, probably not.

Game was too expensive 5 years ago. It is way too expensive right now.

Content is not as good as it used to be.

The game doesn't run as well as it should.

The changes in Legion and general design decisions are off putting.

Classes are too dumbed down.

The time sink is too short but still too long for what you get out of it.

Deleted
    Well I honestly think you should not return. You are the kind of guy who asks many questions, who never learns fishing yet asks for fish every day. So... If you ask me, don't return.

That's the honesty you should expect from asking anything on a forum.

I was in a guild of fifty or so who played together from vanilla to the end of ulduar when most people left. I kept playing and the old guild forum still exists. The conversation about 'should I play new expansion' always comes up - as it has again. I have played the last three betas. My advice for cataclysm was 'not sure'. My advice for MoP was 'I like it, I know some of you don't like the theme but despite that I think it is good.'. My response for WoD was 'I wouldn't. The endgame seems really lacking.' However, the orc theme felt to them like the old warcaft - and back many came. This time there are less people even asking the question... but for those who have I have said '100% yes - this looks like a very good expansion'. I don't expect agreement from everyone - but I put my answers to past expansions so you can see if this accords with your experience. It would be a boring world if we all agreed... but having been on legion beta for quite some time I have a very good impression of the content. My fear is ddos disruption in the week of launch, a host of technical issues due to increased system demand, graphics bugs, phasing bugs and issues etc. So I would say 100% come back - but maybe delay a fortnight for ddos and bugs to settle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you should, legion looks like the best expansion ever. I thought i'd never say that again.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2016-08-25 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Watch streams,reviews and wait. You already quit and are not sure if its worth it.

You will miss nothing by waiting and see if its worth it for you.
    all reviews are usually positive for any wow expansion its just halfway thorugh ppl tend to hate certain things which make them hate the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The ticket system isn't the same as their in-game GM system, is it? :O
    Unless someone can prove me wrong, yes there ingame ticket system and there website ticket system is the same system.

If I got a issue I go straight to live chat, Normally takes less then 30mins to fix my issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    all reviews are usually positive for any wow expansion its just halfway thorugh ppl tend to hate certain things which make them hate the expansion
    Also why I said watch streams.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't decide you like it based off all the information they have provided, all the videos, and all the streams, don't waste your money.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Yes, you should return. I am, for example, also a returning player. Last time I have played the game seriously was in WotLK, WoD I have only played 2 weeks before I got bored by the lack of content and garrisons.

Having played beta I can say that Legion is already so much better in every aspect than WoD. And this really isn't said lightly by me.

I criticised Blizzard a lot for WoD, I never thought I'd play WoW again.

But here I am, excited like a little kid, can't wait to log in and play this awesome expansion. It is really worth checking out, they learned from a lot of mistakes and delivered a great expansion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Well I honestly think you should not return. You are the kind of guy who asks many questions, who never learns fishing yet asks for fish every day. So... If you ask me, don't return.

That's the honesty you should expect from asking anything on a forum.
    And you're the type that assumes, I have max fishing thanks.
    I also have max engineering. I don't depend on others for stuff, other than to see how things have changed.

Update:

TLDR: I'm enjoying myself, I bought legion, will decide if I pay 15/month come the 30th when my free 7 days runs out.

Hey Everyone,

I know some people like to see updates pertaining to what people decided in terms of a thread. So I'm posting this out there for you
    all to read.

First off, I wanna start with the Legion Invasions, they are pretty epic. I enjoyed every minute of them, and soaring through the skies
    with around 50-100 other people just to kill the bosses that roam around the zones. They may not be extremely "repeatable" meaning they get tiresome after some time, however I enjoyed the bits of it that I played with.

I've been casually enjoying the events that happen in the main city, and I have loved every bit of the broken shore experience. The cinematic(s), everything about it, the feeling of seeing my beloved king fall to the hands of Gul'Dan sickened me, and made me want to continue, to view the storyline more.

The new Transmogrification system is freaking amazing, I am enjoying being able to look through a lot of the looks and actually see where I can get them, and then going out and actually earning these items. It's easier than always having to go to WoWHead or MMO-Champ to view everything.

The new profession system is pretty epic too, the changes made to Glyphs actually make me find being a scribe a thousand times more useful, since glyphs are now one-time-only use. Which makes it where I can easily make a ton of money off selling them, and knowing people always are changing their glyphs to their daily preference.

Doing a bit more research on Legion, and seeing that Patch 7.1 is already basically in the pipeline has given me some hope of pushed content, rather than being in drought for so long all the time. I'm sure there's a lot of other things I am missing, however I've stuck with what I am seeing so far, and everything looks great, and feels great.

I decided to go ahead and purchase Legion before it came out so that I could at least have that additional Level 100 boost. I'm glad I did, the Demon Hunter starting experience is so amazing. I felt as if I was there with Illidian before the raids on the Black Temple as one of his servants, the whole experience was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better starting experience than what the Demon Hunter gave me. It felt as if I was playing a DK for the first time again. I'll surely play through it once or twice more just to play through that amazing experience again.

Nonetheless, I'm going to decide if I pay the additional 15$/month come the 30th when my time runs out, after at least experiencing what Legion has to offer with the Artifact quests, and knowing that every single spec of every single character is different than the last makes me feel as if there is a thousand times more content than WoD already, and I'm sure there is!