Deleted
    I had a quick question about a mouseover macro for Voidbolt.

I want to use the same button for casting Voidbolt on my current target, as well as any mouseover target I choose (but current target having priority). Is this possible?

I have this so far for a mouseover macro (taken from howtopriest.com):

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Void Eruption
    Would something like this work?

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm,nodead][@target] Void Eruption
    Last edited by mmoc2c82f72dbd; 2016-08-24 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post
    I had a quick question about a mouseover macro for Voidbolt.

I want to use the same button for casting Voidbolt on my current target, as well as any mouseover target I choose (but current target having priority). Is this possible?

I have this so far for a mouseover macro (taken from howtopriest.com):

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Void Eruption
    Would something like this work?

Code:
    #showtooltip 
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm,nodead][@target] Void Eruption
    Code:
     /cast [harm,nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead] Void Eruption
    should do it I believe.

It checks conditions in order so you want the targetted cast at the front if you want that as priority.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Code:
     /cast [harm,nodead][@mouseover,harm,nodead] Void Eruption
    should do it I believe.

It checks conditions in order so you want the targetted cast at the front if you want that as priority.
    Ah ok. Thanks for that Will give it a go tonight

Do you think Blizzard will make any changes to the level 100 talents before raids go live? They have just under a month basically.

Is there any point where Mind Spike is at least useful for levelling? Or just stick with Mind Flay the entire time?
    Doubtful this late into the game and no, Mind Spike is terrible.

Do you think Blizzard will make any changes to the level 100 talents before raids go live? They have just under a month basically.

Is there any point where Mind Spike is at least useful for levelling? Or just stick with Mind Flay the entire time?
    For all intents and purposes consider Mind Spike a placeholder for the (inevitable, if history is an indicator) next spriest overhaul

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Ha. Will do. I'm still shocked it's not gone. But Void Entropy has been mentioned a lot. So maybe I shouldn't be.

Perhaps 7.1 will bring changes to the talents. When they see that no one is using it and S2M is being forced.

I'm just worried about progression: Especially on longer and harder bosses it will often take a lot of wipes until S2M is even worth using...

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to take a guess, I would say the second or probably 3rd tier bonuses will probably have some bonus for using Mind Spike. Just a hunch

That actually brings up a good point. What would you do to mind spike to fix it if you had a tier bonus you could make?

Quote Originally Posted by marathal View Post
    If I had to take a guess, I would say the second or probably 3rd tier bonuses will probably have some bonus for using Mind Spike. Just a hunch
    They never fix talents with set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    They never fix talents with set bonuses.
    What was T18 then? Not that mindbender needed a fix, but it made it the defacto talent once you picked up 2pc.

I'm having a hard time thinking up a set bonus that would make Mind Spike good without still making Mind Flay superior.

Maybe.. "All of your offensive spells now generate an additional 4 insanity on cast"? The fact that Mind Spike is a 1.5 second spell, versus Mind Flay's 3 second cast, means you should cast Mind Spike more than Mind Flay, and generate more insanity.. but in practice, you could just clip Mind Flay with another Mind Flay halfway through to negate that advantage.

Mind Spike is just such an awful design that it's really very difficult to boost it without being completely arbitrary. Something just as arbitary as "Mind Spike does 200% more damage" wouldn't fly at all.

Fuck, at this point Blizzard might as well bring back Void Entropy. Make it cost 20 insanity to cast, have it be boosted by Mass Hysteria, let Void Bolt refresh it. It would still be better than Mind Spike.

Deleted
    I'm lookin at latest simdps based on 19 points on main artifact... we're 6th (272k dps) with s2m, if we go with other talents it puts us right at the bottom of the chart (only dk frost worse than us) at 224k dps... is there really such a huge difference between the 2? 50k dps at that level is about 20%... I know simdps is everything but perfect and in real raiding things are almost always different... still i remember reading that even without s2m we are still good, doesnt look much to me when we're at 224k vs fire mages demo locks at 290, rogues over 300, and every other spec basically over 260 anyway.

PS Obviously simdps is a single target test so ofc we'll do better with adds, still im kinda disappointed to see us on bottom of the chart.

Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2016-08-24 at 07:33 PM.

Honestly if i was to design lvl 100 talents i'd go with
    1) STM
    2) Draenor-like COP
    3) Legacy of the void providing "old" sp gameplay without voidform. Giving passive shadow form like damage boost, making void eruption and void bolt castable all the time but cost insanity as resource.

I think this would cover most ppl playstyles. STM for those who like new sp, cop for those who liked WOD and legacy for cata-like gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinistrem View Post
    Honestly if i was to design lvl 100 talents i'd go with
    1) STM
    2) Draenor-like COP
    3) Legacy of the void providing "old" sp gameplay without voidform. Giving passive shadow form like damage boost, making void eruption and void bolt castable all the time but cost insanity as resource.

I think this would cover most ppl playstyles. STM for those who like new sp, cop for those who liked WOD and legacy for cata-like gameplay.
    Stop talking sense. /s

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    I'm lookin at latest simdps based on 19 points on main artifact... we're 6th (272k dps) with s2m, if we go with other talents it puts us right at the bottom of the chart (only dk frost worse than us) at 224k dps... is there really such a huge difference between the 2? 50k dps at that level is about 20%... I know simdps is everything but perfect and in real raiding things are almost always different... still i remember reading that even without s2m we are still good, doesnt look much to me when we're at 224k vs fire mages demo locks at 290, rogues over 300, and every other spec basically over 260 anyway.

PS Obviously simdps is a single target test so ofc we'll do better with adds, still im kinda disappointed to see us on bottom of the chart.
    That's interesting, what version of simcraft was that from? Last one I checked (2 weeks ago) StM was still bugged and resulted in less DPS due to skewed results.
    So basically we're doing 272k DPS with StM and 224k with LoTV. I think you're misremembering the discussion about not taking StM. It was stated that if you take StM and don't use it, you won't really notice a difference, hence why it's the best talent by a wide margin, outside of raids however, you'll never use it so LotV is better.

Deleted
    snip
    those sims are not up to date at all. Most, if not all classes are using unomptimal apl and not all of them even have 19 points in their artifact. We're definitely not that low, twintops latest sims put us WAAAAAY above 272k with s2m. (https://www.beotorch.com/simulationd...9-008cfa070490)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    That's interesting, what version of simcraft was that from? Last one I checked (2 weeks ago) StM was still bugged and resulted in less DPS due to skewed results.
    So basically we're doing 272k DPS with StM and 224k with LoTV. I think you're misremembering the discussion about not taking StM. It was stated that if you take StM and don't use it, you won't really notice a difference, hence why it's the best talent by a wide margin, outside of raids however, you'll never use it so LotV is better.
    I remember well (I can check the exact quotes, was from a raider) saying that we are performing fine even if we dont use s2m (was a reply to someone complaining that didnt want to use that talent). Anyway that chart was taken today from warlock discord.

Wow.

Sucks to be a Frost DK, somehow managing to be worse than even a Shadow Priest with no level 100 talent (or Legacy of the Void, which is essentially the same thing).

Also really nice to see that Fire Mages beat us with a rotation so boring, one-dimensional, and zero-risk it could be used as a sleep aid. With free, automatic cleave. Good balancing job, Blizzard, top shelf.

I remember well (I can check the exact quotes, was from a raider) saying that we are performing fine even if we dont use s2m (was a reply to someone complaining that didnt want to use that talent). Anyway that chart was taken today from warlock discord.
    Hmmm, I don't agree with it, especially since there's information out there from twintop that directly refutes it.
    Silly warlocks :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Hmmm, I don't agree with it, especially since there's information out there from twintop that directly refutes it.
    Silly warlocks :P
    Well this isnt the first simdps I have seen and I somehow doubt all these are wrong (and all of them have shadow without s2m pretty much on bottom).

Also the Twintop link that Jep3 posted above is somehow fishy... it puts us over 300k dps even without s2m (and about 330k with s2m). I dont know how that was was calculated, but I really doubt it uses the same data of the other simdps charts ive seen... we all know no way in hell shadow is top (only below feral and outlaw, yea right) single target with mind spike, and thats what you would get if you compare twintop's sim with other sims.

Cant compare apples with bananas.