Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We already know all bosses of Nighthold. They aren't there.
    Did i missunderstand this thread or isnt this not about the hyopethetical next raid? as in what comes after nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Did i missunderstand this thread or isnt this not about the hyopethetical next raid? as in what comes after nighthold.
    You're right. Nighthold is T19, this thread is about T20 / 7.2.

Deleted
    Let me understand this: Legion isn't even live, but we already know what the first content patch will contain. Before Karazhan returns we got our leveling experience, dungeons hc/mythic, tons of world content, raids on 3 difficulties - 2 pretty big ones even.
    We got our order hall campaign, we got ... Well lets just say *a lot*. 7.1 will add even more. Why do we even speculate about 7.2 ? Why?

I assume 7.2 will be Nighthold since it's not releasing until early 2017.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Azshara is easily the most powerful entity except for old gods and titans/sargeras.

And please spare me this lore bullshit, blizzard can and will change everything to their liking if they need to (see book of retcons not very recently ago). There will be a south sea expansion with her and nzoth. That's a given.
    We just proved she wasn't? But feel free to keep that headcannon of yours. She's useless, gets rekt in Azuna, gets rekt in Darkshore, Neptulon turns her kraken into a pet... overrated pile of garbage. Azshara fanboys are as bad as Sylvanas', Arthas' and Illidan's... oh and old god's of course
    Until Blizzard adds new stuff that doesn't make her look incompetent and worthless, she is just that.

Just like ''the dark below'' expansion was a given? Please. I'm sure eventually we'll get a Naga expansion, because Blizz will need new threats for us to fight as the expansions continue to be churned out. They will probably give Azshara some stupid random power boost to actually make her matter.
    Also N'zoth was the weakest of the old gods, one was dead before our time and the other two we KILLED in major patches, they did not even get their own expansions...

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    it very very very very likely won't be. we just ended a year 6.2 and now are going to have a full expansion of legion. next one will be very legion light if at all. they don't want fatigue people like they did with orcs. So, prepare for dissappointment, cause it'll likely be Old God and Aszhara, and if it next, it will happen eventually.
    The Legion is made up of a vast array of races and planets, they don't all look like HFC... Orc fatigue is a thing, because it is just one race, the Legion is many races and cultures. Argus isn't a fel wasteland, it is a twisted version of the original Eredar civillisation, which was pretty beautiful. If we don't chase the Legion and instead just go back doing stupid shit then thats bad writing, but hey, WoD happened so...
    I'm sure we will eventually get a pirate expansion, but at that point I probably won't be playing anymore anyway

Quote Originally Posted by pingasman82 View Post
    We just proved she wasn't? But feel free to keep that headcannon of yours.
    Uuuuhm, you did not prove anything. You guesstimated, the same thing, we do.

If we're going by your mentioned standards we could continue with many of our "heroes" or enemies.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-08-24 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I assume 7.2 will be Nighthold since it's not releasing until early 2017.
    AS far as i know Nighthold is confirmed to be 7.1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

If we're going by your mentioned standards we could continue with many of our "heroes" or enemies.
    Could continue with what?

I did not ''guesstimate'', I merely stated facts. It is fact that Azshara has done nothing of note since the WotA, it is fact that she gets easily stopped when she does attempt minor things, it is fact that all her schemes thus far have failed... must I continue? all of said facts lead me to conclude she is not the all-poweful being so many hype her up to be.

Deleted

I agree wtih you. Also where does it say N'zoth was the weakest old god?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but you have that information - 7.2 & T20 will be Nighthold - you just choose not to accept the truth thats right in front of your eyes

[
    Nighthold is launch content, hence why it's already been tested on Beta along side Emerald Nightmare. Just because it isn't out right away doesn't make it a different tier. I guess you forgot Blackrock Foundry and Heart of Fear, let's pretend those were new tiers, oh wait they weren't, they were delayed launch content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I agree wtih you. Also where does it say N'zoth was the weakest old god?
    That's a statement you can find in the WoW: Chronicles as far as I know. Just came out this year so it's quite "fresh" information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    EVERY elf on the planet lost "tons" of power the moment Well of Eternity was destroyed in WotA. Azshara was powerful mage on the level of Kil'Jaden and Archimonde only because of the Well's power. She bathed in the waters and absorbed a huge amount of power, BUT that was 10 000 years ago. Even tho she is in some kind of "pact" with the Old gods, I am most likely sure she is nowhere near the powerlevel when the Well was around.
    Lore already stated that her power rivaled by Sargeras' own power, though that was when she was tapping into the well of eternity, but predating that, they also said that she was the most powerful night elf in existence. During the implosion of the well, it's very likely she absorbed a big amount of power as well. Then on top of that, she got empowered by a very powerful old god. She then captured Neptulon and probably wields his trident.

It's safe to say her power level didn't go down, it went up instead, to what extent, we'll see in the future I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Could continue with what?

I did not ''guesstimate'', I merely stated facts. It is fact that Azshara has done nothing of note since the WotA, it is fact that she gets easily stopped when she does attempt minor things, it is fact that all her schemes thus far have failed... must I continue? all of said facts lead me to conclude she is not the all-poweful being so many hype her up to be.
    Or she could be busy raging wars in the oceans in the name of Nzoth, we don't know the story behind her because there is none written since then.

I'm fairly sure her power level is much much much higher by now, and she's probably too powerful for even Sargeras' greater demon lords.

I think the confusion here is the OP keeps correlating T20 with 7.2, which with everything Blizz has stated we are unsure what patch number will be assigned to T20.

We already know 7.1, Karazhan and a small non tier raid have been confirmed, and most likely coming towards the end of Oct/early Nov.
    We already know Nighthold is confirmed for early 2017, and will most likely coincide with another content patch, which could be numbered 7.2.
    We already know Blizz wants 4-5 months between raid tiers AND considers Nighthold its own raid tier.
    We already know Blizz wants to put out continuous timely content(patches)

With that we can assume basic timeframes for future patches beyond early 2017 and Nighthold.....

We might see another content patch March/April (number to be determined), and then T20 in June/July (number to be determined)

There's allot of references to N'Zoth and Queen Azshara, I personally think we will see 1 or both, maybe in 7.2, maybe in a later patch, but in my mind, we are going underwater next time, or Void is coming, either of these will have a reasonable tie in to either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Lore already stated that her power rivaled by Sargeras' own power, though that was when she was tapping into the well of eternity, but predating that, they also said that she was the most powerful night elf in existence. During the implosion of the well, it's very likely she absorbed a big amount of power as well. Then on top of that, she got empowered by a very powerful old god. She then captured Neptulon and probably wields his trident.

It's safe to say her power level didn't go down, it went up instead, to what extent, we'll see in the future I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Or she could be busy raging wars in the oceans in the name of Nzoth, we don't know the story behind her because there is none written since then.

I'm fairly sure her power level is much much much higher by now, and she's probably too powerful for even Sargeras' greater demon lords.
    Um no, it was only stated that out of Hakkar, Mannoroth and Archimonde, only the eredar could defeat her. Sargeras could squash Archimonde like a bug, Azshara stands no chance... Jesus
    She was an exceptionally talented mage before the WotA, calling her the ''most powerful night elf in existence'' is probably a bit much, seeing as she got defeated.
    You're just making that stuff about her absorbing the magic of the Well up... she was drowning in its waters and let the old gods change her so she could survive the ordeal, the well was gone.
    She did not get empowered, that is not stated anywhere.
    She also did not capture Neptulon, as shamans have him and his pet kraken as allies in their order hall campaign in Legion.

The source of a large amount of her power was the Well which is gone and held enough magical energy to SUMMON SARGERAS, how on earth did her power level go up after that? The fact that shes been failing everything, couldn't kill Malfurion in Darkshore and couldn't even fight off a frigging ghost in Azuna tells me her powers have vastly diminished.

Waging wars in the ocean against what? Murlocs? Crabs? While she could obviously be doing things, the things which we know of haven't gone well for her... which means she isn't nearly as powerful as you make her out to be. Sorry
    Last edited by mmoc0614accb52; 2016-08-24 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    I think the confusion here is the OP keeps correlating T20 with 7.2, which with everything Blizz has stated we are unsure what patch number will be assigned to T20.

We already know 7.1, Karazhan and a small non tier raid have been confirmed, and most likely coming towards the end of Oct/early Nov.
    We already know Nighthold is confirmed for early 2017, and will most likely coincide with another content patch, which could be numbered 7.2.
    We already know Blizz wants 4-5 months between raid tiers AND considers Nighthold its own raid tier.
    We already know Blizz wants to put out continuous timely content(patches)

With that we can assume basic timeframes for future patches beyond early 2017 and Nighthold.....

We might see another content patch March/April (number to be determined), and then T20 in June/July (number to be determined)
    I highly doubt that. Blizzard won't release 5 content patches for Legion, I can't believe that.

7.1 is a (small) content patch with no raid tier - 7.2 has to be a content patch with a new raid tier due to Blizzard's philosophy (one patch only small content, the next patch much content with a raid tier then small content after that and another huge content patch with a raid again).

If 7.2 won't be a raid patch Blizzard needs to stretch Legion to at least 7.5 and I doubt they will do that.

Nighthold doesn't need to be released within a content patch - it would make sense, yes, but Nighthold is still T19 and the same tier as Emerald Nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

She was an exceptionally talented mage before the WotA, calling her the ''most powerful night elf in existence'' is probably a bit much...
    She did not get empowered, that is not stated anywhere.
    Which Nightelf should be stronger? Malfurion? Tyrande? lol

So, we know, she did not get empowered - okay. But we also don't know if she has become weaker. All the things you mentioned are just assumptions, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Her power rivaled Mannoroth and was maybe on par of Archimonde, BUT that was from the perspective of Mannoroth, who isn't a very reliable source given how frequently we fuck his day up. Problem is Azshara is not a leader, people love to have headcannon that she is some big powerful leader, but she has, and always will be, a pawn. First used by Sargeras, now by N'zoth, if anything she would just be a first/mid tier boss of an Old God expansion. N'zoth's power doesn't lie in his army strength but rather his ability to corrupt, it wouldn't be him in particular i would be worried about, but rather what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    And we get the last pillar in Nighthold.

Deleted
    Which Nightelf should be stronger? Malfurion? Tyrande? lol

So, we know, she did not get empowered - okay. But we also don't know if she has become weaker. All the things you mentioned are just assumptions, right?
    I guess there really aren't that many strong night elves anymore... I think Malfurion would be a match for her, but pretty no other night elf, unless I'm forgetting someone. I wouldn't mess with Azshara if I was a night elf :P

Well it isn't spelled out like ''Azshara got weaker when the Well was gone'', but it is safe to assume that with that enormous power source gone, her might did take a hit. That assumption is supported by the fact that her recent efforts did not go very swimmingly (heh).
    Which things exactly?

I highly doubt that. Blizzard won't release 5 content patches for Legion, I can't believe that.

7.1 is a (small) content patch with no raid tier - 7.2 has to be a content patch with a new raid tier due to Blizzard's philosophy (one patch only small content, the next patch much content with a raid tier then small content after that and another huge content patch with a raid again).

If 7.2 won't be a raid patch Blizzard needs to stretch Legion to at least 7.5 and I doubt they will do that.

Nighthold doesn't need to be released within a content patch - it would make sense, yes, but Nighthold is still T19 and the same tier as Emerald Nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -
    Blizzard is already on record as saying that they want to add more content to Legion than past expansions.

Your right, Blizzard doesn't have to "release" Nighthold with a new patch, but they will.....Blizzard already considers Nighthold as the next tier, and releasing it with a new patch is a cheap way to make that patch look bigger than it is. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise....Blizzard(of late) has been notorious for doing what they can to extend content without putting much work into it(hence Karazhan). I wouldn't be surprised to see Ulduar become a 5 man later this expansion.

So basically Blizzard is going to "smear" their release content over as much time as possible. That gives them a good amount of time to work on future raids/patches we wont start seeing til March - July.

Adding the quote from Blizzard:

Game Development

There was a period where the team focused on faster expansions, sacrificing things that they shouldn't have. This made the experience worse.
    The focus going forward is a steady stream of content.
    Priority #1 is making sure that you don't run out of things to do.
    The team is never going to rush an expansion, they will be released when they are done.
    Ensuring there is always content in the live game while working on the expansions is important.
    Raid tiers should last around 4 to 5 months.
    This time around there won't be a content drought - "Don't worry, we got you!"
    Last edited by Role Unknown; 2016-08-24 at 08:44 PM.