Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do Demon Hunters have a high drop chance on Warglaives of Azzinoth?

So I made this thread thinking I was extremely lucky.

But I'm actually seeing a ton of DHs with at least 1 glaive, and I've already seen 1 other with both just strolling around Orgrimmar. I have absolutely no data to prove this, but I'd love to know particularly from people running addons/databases that track loot chance - if DH have a higher chance.

It just -feels- like they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it, but the Warglaives do not really have that rare of a drop rate to begin with

Currently 0/3 so far on my DH
    Last edited by Twistedelmo; 2016-08-24 at 05:57 PM.

Cleared it every week since DH launch and still nada so it sure doesn't seem like it.

Here is my Transmog. I know it doesn't look very demonic, but damn it looks fine.

Congratulations, you've conformed to societies idea of a non-conformist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Here is my Transmog. I know it doesn't look very demonic, but damn it looks fine.
    Way to stay on topic

Deleted
    I think it could be possible, it took me a long time to get them both on my rogue and after missing the first lockout me and my friend both went at the same time on our DHs, I got the MH and he got the OH, the odds of one of them dropping for both us on our first runs would be pretty low assuming there was no increased drop chance for DHs

Wow head lists them as a 5% drop rate:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=22917/illidan-stormrage

This is out of a sample size of ~44,000 kills, so I would imagine it is fairly accurate.

Essentially everyone who rolled a DH is doing BT, so one would expect 1/20 to have one even after a single kill.

While 5% sounds high when people can farm it for years, keep in mind that if 100 people soloed it every week for a year around 7 people would have not seen it drop.
    Last edited by daiceman; 2016-08-24 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    Dont think there is a higher chance tbh just alot of people doing it.

i imagine there are like 50+ people a day getting them, just they are not demon hunters and / or don't care enough to make a forum topic to say "look what i got!"

influx of a new class that can wield it, and a new class for which warglaives are their unique weapon type at that.. yeah people are gonna be posting about it a lot on this sub-forum!

I wish, not lucky so far.

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post
    Wow head lists them as a 5% drop rate:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=22917/illidan-stormrage

This is out of a sample size of ~44,000 kills, so I would imagine it is fairly accurate.

Essentially everyone who rolled a DH is doing BT, so one would expect 1/20 to have one even after a single kill.

While 5% sounds high when people can farm it for years, keep in mind that if 100 people soloed it every week for a year around 7 people would have not seen it drop.
    So assuming a 5% drop rate you reach confidence that you would have seen it drop at around 135 kills, or just under 3 years.

1-(1*.95^135) = .999

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Cleared it every week since DH launch and still nada so it sure doesn't seem like it.
    So 3 times? LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I got them both in the very first runs since the DH became available. One in the first DH week, second one in the second week. Seemed a bit too easy compared to my rogue where it took me 4-5 months.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Quote Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
    So 3 times? LOL
    I've run BT once since DH were released. I got a warglaive

0/3 so far :/

But I got one of the Thunderfury Binds

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    So assuming a 5% drop rate you reach confidence that you would have seen it drop at around 135 kills, or just under 3 years.

1-(1*.95^135) = .999
    Sounds about right...I have run it about a hundred times over the last couple expansions and still haven't seen it drop.

I will flay your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Reposed View Post
    Sounds about right...I have run it about a hundred times over the last couple expansions and still haven't seen it drop.

0/3 for the Warglaives, but 1/1 for Ashes of Al'ar, so I can't complain too much.

New class that can use and fits the Warglaives lore.
    Lots of people playing the new class.
    Only the ones who get it tend to post their success.

It's the reporting bias perfect storm.

Deleted
    Sounds weird, but out of experience it seems so.

In the last year i got like 1 glaive for 6-7 diffrent chars

But as you, with my demon hunter, i got both Glaives within the first two IDs

In Addition to that, a friend of mine got one Glaive out of one run, too.

in 5 weeks I have gotten 3 offhands and 1 main hand, today the MH dropped and m pretty sure m not that lucky
    Legionnaire Nazgrim yells: Thrall's balls! They're everywhere...

Thanks to Shyama for the lovely signature